Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Emmy Nominations to be announced May 4th
Topic Started: Mar 13 2012, 02:23 PM (1,507 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/emmy-noms-announced-may-4

Emmy Noms Announced May 4

By SOD Posted: Mar 13, 2012

The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Award nominations will be announced Friday, May 4. No word on where the announcement will be made or where and when Emmy Awards will be presented.

The pre-nominations can be found here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Still rooting for Matt Ashford, Ari Zucker, Chandler Massey, and Shelley Hennig to get noms!

philip&stephanie

am103
Mar 13 2012, 03:02 PM
Still rooting for Matt Ashford, Ari Zucker, Chandler Massey, and Shelley Hennig to get noms!
Same here.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

SOD is getting really slow. This was reported awhile back by other media outlets and they are just NOW reporting it. Idiots.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Arent these just so meaningless now?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Has it been said where the awards will take place? Will it be televised?

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

PhoenixRising05
Mar 13 2012, 07:02 PM
SOD is getting really slow. This was reported awhile back by other media outlets and they are just NOW reporting it. Idiots.
I was thinking the same damn thing.

Quote:

Has it been said where the awards will take place? Will it be televised

Tab, I haven't seen anything about when/where/if they would be televised however I did see on broadway "The Lead Actor contains 11 pre-nominated performers due to a tie in this category. The candidates below who received the highest number of votes now advance to the blue ribbon at-home screening round, scheduled to begin on March 27th, 2012, which will determine both nominees and winners."

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I kind of wonder if it'll be web cast and have a Golden Globe type feel to it-- dinner-- drinking-- drinking and oh yeah, awards! ;)

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Drew
Mar 13 2012, 07:03 PM
Now? They've been meaningless since Natalia Fucking Livingston won an emmy.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

darraholic
Mar 13 2012, 11:05 PM
Drew
Mar 13 2012, 07:03 PM
Now? They've been meaningless since Natalia Fucking Livingston won an emmy.
While she may not have been the best as Taylor, Natalia was great during her rape storyline on GH. She deserved that Emmy!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

She was just as bad on GH.

King
Member Avatar

Maybe with only 4 soaps left, DAYS can finally get some decent nods and wins! YAY!

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
In November! ;)

It seems like the show will air online this year. Our Indie Soap Awards air on The SFN this Sunday. That could be the same place the Daytime Emmys end up. I don't care where it is as long as it's a real tribute to the shows its supposed to be honoring.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

RogerNewcomb
Mar 14 2012, 11:26 AM
PhoenixRising05
In November! ;)

It seems like the show will air online this year. Our Indie Soap Awards air on The SFN this Sunday. That could be the same place the Daytime Emmys end up. I don't care where it is as long as it's a real tribute to the shows its supposed to be honoring.
Really? I wouldn't mind that at all. It would probably be better than the Vegas pimping we had last year! :shame:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yah...I don't care if the show is televised on network TV...I actually would prefer a webcast or online thing...that way there will be no shameless promotion and daytime will be put first.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Count me in as one who would much rather see a tasteful webcast then a fuckin promotional tour of Vegas. I hope its not held in Vegas either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply