Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD & SOW: Jack and Jen hear that Abigail slept with Austin; 3/27/12 issues (updated)
Topic Started: Mar 15 2012, 09:46 PM (4,444 Views)
Ellie

SOD: Jack and Jen hear that Abigail slept with Austin!

At Horton Square, Jack and Jen overhear Abigail talking to Austin about their supposed sexual encounter. "It's a horrible shocker," shares Matthew Ashford. Jack loses his cool and starts to attack Austin. Abigail steps between them and pleads for her father to calm down.

"Abigail has been caught in this web several times now," notes Kate Mansi. "Now, she's faced with reality and has no other choice but to tell the truth." Abigail confesses that she lied about having sex with Austin. Ashford offers, "It goes from bad to worse for Jack and Jennifer." Mansi adds, "It is incredibly embarrassing and mortifying for Abigail. Not only does she have to come to terms with what she did in front of Austin, but she also has to do it with her parents standing there. It's a really terrifying experience."

Jack and Jen are stunned by Abigail's behavior. "Abigail made up this horrible, painful story that hurt people," Ashford points out. "It would be one thing if this thing between her and Austin just happened and was beyond her control, but she manipulated the entire situation. There is something terribly wrong."

SOW: Abigail Comes Clean!

At Horton Square, Abigail insists on talking to Austin about the night they supposedly had sex, not realizing Jack and Jennifer are nearby. "It's a horrible shocker for Jack and Jennifer, " shares Matthew Ashford. "At first, they just want to completely blame Austin for taking advantage of their daughter."

Austin apologizes, while Abigail defends him, which enrages her parents. Finally, Abigail realizes that the only way to help Austin is by confessing that she made up the entire story. "Abigail has been caught in this web several times," notes Kate Mansi. "She continued to lie and cover because she wanted so desperately for it to be true. But then, ultimately, when she's faced with reality, Abigail has no other choice but to tell the truth. It's incredibly embarrassing and mortifying. Not only does Abigail have to comes to terms with what she did, but she has to do it in front of her parents, which is a really terrifying experience."

At first, Jack and Jennifer don't believe Abigail. "They've known their daughter to be an honest person, so they're skeptical," explains Mansi. "They don't know whether she is telling the truth, or just trying to cover for Austin." Adds Ashford, "There is no winning in this one. Abigail made up this terrible story and she hurt people. It would be one thing if something between her and Austin happened and it was beyond her control. But she manipulated the entire situation. It isn't like Abigail."

Finally, Jennifer realizes that her daughter is telling the truth. "Jen's mother instincts kick in," says Mansi. "She sees that Abigail is absolutely filled with shame, but she also feels strongly that what her daughter did was wrong."

Meanwhile, the situation gets more awkward for Abigail when Carrie arrives on the scene. "Carrie walks around the corner and overhears them," previews Mansi. "Carrie can't believe what she's hearing. She's also confused, because Abigail told her one thing at the cabin, and now she's telling a different story. So Carrie is wondering, 'What is the real truth, Abigail?'"
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

As little use as I have for Jennifer right now, I'm actually more interested in her reaction to this than I am in Jack's.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

OOOO...sounds juicy...more than 2 people for a reveal..WOW....this is the only story thats being shown that the pace is (somewhat) right. It would be better if Carrie overheard and Mel there too. (Yes, I gave Mel a compliment.)

TFP
Edited by Liz<3Days, Mar 15 2012, 09:50 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Jack and Jennifer's return has been so badly botched. I feel bad for both actors.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Spoiler has Abby telling truth on 22nd and Carrie knows 23rd so I'm betting she comes upon them cause Kate mentioned working with them all around time this should have taped.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kate Mansi say a few weeks ago that Abigail was so delusional that she actually believed her own lie? At what point did she realize she made it up? Or was Kate just talking out her ass?

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 15 2012, 09:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kate Mansi say a few weeks ago that Abigail was so delusional that she actually believed her own lie? At what point did she realize she made it up? Or was Kate just talking out her ass?
It was this week actually. She really did seem to believe it until she slipped up yesterday and came partially back to reality today. She's still not all the way there.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mmmm, I'm picking the second-- she was talking out her ass! :rockon:

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Kenny
Maybe it's another "rewrite". It feels like every damn thing in every damn storyline is a rewrite.

lysie
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Mar 15 2012, 10:01 PM
Kenny
Mmmm, I'm picking the second-- she was talking out her ass! :rockon:
I dont' think it was a rewrite. I think it's made sense on screen.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

I dont think these are all rewrites, just badly told stories

Romancer66

Kenny
Abigail seems to have realized she made it up this past week when Melanie confronted her about her slip of the tongue. And maybe seeing her father ready to beat up Austin reinforces that this lie has hurt a lot of people and will continue to do so, unless it's exposed.

I wonder if this revelation occurs before or after Jennifer get arrested for election fraud. Either way, the Deveraux family is imploding. Inevitably, Jack will try to shoulder the blame, but I hope someone convinces him that this is not all his fault. His ex-wife and daughter are responsible for their own choices.

MA and KM give pretty good commentary on this, but MR is surprisingly silent. I guess she doesn't have much to say unless she's promoting the now-defunct Daniel/Jennifer pairing. :rolleyes:

lysie
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Mar 15 2012, 10:09 PM
Kenny
Abigail seems to have realized she made it up this past week when Melanie confronted her about her slip of the tongue. And maybe seeing her father ready to beat up Austin reinforces that this lie has hurt a lot of people and will continue to do so, unless it's exposed.

I wonder if this revelation occurs before or after Jennifer get arrested for election fraud. Either way, the Deveraux family is imploding. Inevitably, Jack will try to shoulder the blame, but I hope someone convinces him that this is not all his fault. His ex-wife and daughter are responsible for their own choices.

MA and KM give pretty good commentary on this, but MR is surprisingly silent. I guess she doesn't have much to say unless she's promoting the now-defunct Daniel/Jennifer pairing. :rolleyes:
Seriously. They talk to whoever is available. It's not a conspiracy theory.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am going to miss the crazy side of Abby, nice article.

thanks for posting.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Does Carrie slap Abby in front of Jack and Jen

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I'm really interested to see how Jack and Jen take this. I'm also going to miss Crazy!Abby too. Those were good times.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is by far and away the best storyline on this show for me. I think they have played every beat perfectly and the pace of it hasn't been super speed or ridiculously slow. This storyline has made me like Patrick Muldoon for the first time ever and the same with the character of Austin. I actually feel bad for him for the first time, when normally I felt nothing for the character. Kate Mansi is always on her A-game in every scene she's in. I feel like everything about this story has been perfect so far. Even Melanie's involvement was spot on and she stayed supporting the story, never got too involved.

CarlD2

Are they going to have Abigail say it's all Jack's fault? Wasn't that what Kate Mansi said, that all of Abigail's delusions were because she felt she didn't have a father?

Romancer66

CarlD2
Mar 15 2012, 11:45 PM
Are they going to have Abigail say it's all Jack's fault? Wasn't that what Kate Mansi said, that all of Abigail's delusions were because she felt she didn't have a father?
If she even tries that excuse, I hope she gets slapped down quickly. Jack was back and working on their relationship weeks before Abigail fell into Instant Hat-Love with Austin. And neither Jack nor Jennifer would ever have condoned her lying to and manipulating people they consider friends to bag herself a married man, so I can't see that her rationale flies at all.

SlyestFox
Member Avatar

Mason
Mar 15 2012, 09:48 PM
As little use as I have for Jennifer right now, I'm actually more interested in her reaction to this than I am in Jack's.
I can see that. Jack's reaction to something like this sort of goes without saying. We all probably pretty much knew exactly how he'd react, and sure enough, that's how he's reacting. Jennifer's reaction is less obvious. Other than the fact that she likely won't get violent like Jack, she could react almost anyway.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply