Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Girls; New comedy on HBO starting 15 April
Topic Started: Mar 16 2012, 02:50 PM (1,230 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I can't decide if this is going to be brilliant or a load of shit

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This was cute.

Anyone else check it out?

King
Member Avatar

I don't know how I feel about it...

...it was...strange.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Strange yes, but endearing too.

I guess any show that shows the lead character being fucked in the arse in its first episode, doesn't really qualify as cute on second thought, so I'll retract my "cute" comment :P

I don't like the the british girl's cousin or the guy cooking opium tea or her boyfriend. But they are supporting, so I'll deal.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I'm enjoying this show. Yes, Hannah and her creepy bf are well creepy in bed. But otherwise its funny.

"I threw you this abortion and you never even showed up" :P

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This show is awesome - y'all missing out :P

michelle
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 2 2012, 06:54 AM
This show is awesome - y'all missing out :P
I love this show.

At first I just found it weird and strange. But it GROWS on you.

Now I love it! The weirdness and strangeness is what makes it so GOOD!

I feel it is right on about young people today and though it's star is not pretty to look at OR a size 2, she's brilliant! She writes, directs ans exec produces the show. BRILLIANT!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Did Charlie (Marnie's bf) imply that they share the vibrator? nasty if true :P

I almost spat my drink out my mouth when I saw Hannah's "mexican teenager" eyebrows.

Poor Shoshanna - nobody wants to sleep with her because she is a virgin lol

King
Member Avatar

I can't believe how much I hated the pilot and how much I love it now. LOL. They are freaking hysterical!!

michelle
Member Avatar

I can't believe the pedigrees of some of the stars, I'm crazy about Lena of course, but Allison Williams (Marnie) is Brian Williams (love him) daughter AND Zosia Mamet (Shoshanna) is the daughter of Lindsey Crouse and David Mamet.

WOWZA!!!

Again another great episode. Tho Marnie's boyfriend is a royal douche. You don't read someone else's diary dummy, EVER.

But if you do, maybe talk to them about it. In private.

Also, love Hannah's new pervy boss. Takes sexual harassment to an all new level. At least he asked if she minded all the touching. That was considerate. (I mean, GROSS!)

Adam sexts Hannah a pic of his junk and then tells her it wasn't for HER. Seriously, ROFLAO.

Lastly, "mexican teenager eyebrows" not only sounded funny, it made every scene thereafter even BETTER!

LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I did not want to get into another show, but since it's on between when I watch The Killing and Game of Thrones I was pulled in.

The actress playing Marnie is so fucking beautiful. It kind of sickens me.

There are so many little things that made me fall in love with the show, like the appreciation for Cheese Strings. I mean, those are fucking delicious.

I think the virgin is my favourite character, which is weird for me, because I hated her on The United States of Tara.

Oh, and Marnie should be happy about the latest developments, her boyfriend is an effing dickweed. Hannah did absolutely nothing wrong and if she's villainized for it, I'll be pissed. Though, I wonder if this will change of her opinion of him as it certainly wasn't boring for him to what he did. But still, what a passive-aggressive asswipe. Point for his body though, I didn't think it would be so nice. But most importantly, his asshole friends needs to die. He's horrible.
Edited by Bright Eyes, May 9 2012, 05:23 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Shoshanna was in this episode for about 3 seconds. Thats when i realized she is my favourite lol.

Hannah has painfully low self respect, esteem and dignity - but she's still cool :P

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

What a strange episode. Why do we get to see her father's penis but not the dude that boned her? :x

And thank goodness Hannah said wow how amatuerish to that dnce routine, because wow I was thinking it lol.

No Shoshanna :(

This episode didn't feel like the recent episodes. It felt like the pilot though.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Last night's episode was the best so far. The episode was SO quote worthy, especially in the first 10 minutes and my girl, Shoshanna, SHINED!

However, Marni needs to be slapped.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Bright Eyes
May 28 2012, 06:12 PM
Last night's episode was the best so far. The episode was SO quote worthy, especially in the first 10 minutes and my girl, Shoshanna, SHINED!

However, Marni needs to be slapped.
I am your crack spirit guide! I adore this show, lol.

LPS
Member Avatar

The show is not for me. Its too strange for me. Its just too stupid. This is a bit of a stretch, but it has the "Big Bang Theory" vibe if it could go onto HBO. Just strange.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

LPS
May 28 2012, 06:43 PM
The show is not for me. Its too strange for me. Its just too stupid. This is a bit of a stretch, but it has the "Big Bang Theory" vibe if it could go onto HBO. Just strange.
If by stupid, you mean awesome, than yes, it is ;-)

LPS
Member Avatar

^I mean stupid by that girl trying to talk dirty to the guy masturbating and stealing his money while doing so. LOL

King
Member Avatar

Last night's episode was great. Shoshanna is hilarious.
Edited by King, May 29 2012, 01:40 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply