Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Girls; New comedy on HBO starting 15 April
Topic Started: Mar 16 2012, 02:50 PM (1,232 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Floved last night - Shoshanna on crack lmao

Glad that Jessa didn't shag old hippy dude.

I loved how it twisted everything around with Adam blasting Hannah about her selfishness and self-absorption

Lmao moment of the episode: When the "tits out, join the movement" girl gets shoved out the way by Jessa - I could watch that scene over and over...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm late on the Girls train. But I'm here. I adore this show. I was in LA for pride over the weekend and several friends were talking about this show and telling me how I had to watch. I've watched 4 episodes since then.

The dialog is just incredible and I love all the characters. I'm going to try to get caught up by Sunday night.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jun 14 2012, 11:34 AM
I'm late on the Girls train. But I'm here. I adore this show. I was in LA for pride over the weekend and several friends were talking about this show and telling me how I had to watch. I've watched 4 episodes since then.

The dialog is just incredible and I love all the characters. I'm going to try to get caught up by Sunday night.
The party episode will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 14 2012, 11:37 AM
Kevc1980

Which one is that? My friend just asked if I'd seen that one yet.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jun 14 2012, 12:04 PM
Bright Eyes
Kevc1980

Which one is that? My friend just asked if I'd seen that one yet.
You haven't gotten to it yet, clearly, because if you had you would know! It's episode 7.

HURRY UP AND WATCH IT LAZY BITCH!
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jun 14 2012, 12:07 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello, what are your thoughts on Hannah and Adam? I kind of love them.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 14 2012, 12:14 PM
Amello, what are your thoughts on Hannah and Adam? I kind of love them.
Kev, DON'T READ YET!!! :)

I thought Adam was hilarious from the beginning and it was a clever twist making Hannah the shitty person in the relationship. But the peeing episode kind of gave me severe warning signs with his anger issues. And if someone did pee on me, I would have kneed the mofo with a swiftness. Still, I know so many girls exactly like Hannah that I totally understand why she stays with him, even after sexually embarrassing her countless times. But again, she was just a fun booty call to him at that time. To me, it's Hannah that needs some sort of comeuppance. If I was Marnie I'd be super pissed that she's such a selfish twat, but again, that selfishness stems from her obvious insecurities, which I understand.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jun 14 2012, 12:37 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Entertainment Weekly pretty much has an orgasm over this show in every issue so I thought for sure I would adore this show ... but it just doesn't resonate with me. And I don't think it's the fact that I'm a 41-year-old single gay male because I think they are trying to capture the gay crowd. I don't know. It just seems to be trying to be one of those shows that doesn't try too hard to be cool, thus becoming cool. If that makes any sense.

Still not going to give up. Have only seen the first couple of episodes.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Yo this show! I don't know shit about it but man this dude pulled an R' Kelly on ole girl & started pissing her in the shower, thought I was seeing things at first and hit Rwd sure enuff that nasty muthafucka was aiming & watered her wit'em piss.

King
Member Avatar

Hannah and Shoshanna are hilar.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Kevc1980

Just watched this episode last night. And OMG. Loved it. Shoshana was amazing. I just can't get enough of this show.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I like Marnie when she veers more to her psychotic bitch side

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 16 2012, 08:31 AM
Hannah totally deserved everything last week though. Bitch doesn't care about anything but herself.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 16 2012, 08:36 AM
Southofsoap
Jun 16 2012, 08:31 AM
Hannah totally deserved everything last week though. Bitch doesn't care about anything but herself.
Oh cow totally deserved it, but I kind of feel like she is already being punished for that by dating Adam :P

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I can't believe we only get 10 episodes and have to wait for next year.

I thought it was great that Adam dumped Hannah because she is a shitty person rather than him just being his usual douche baggy self!

:cheer: :cheer: Shoshanna got laid :cheer: :cheer: (even if the guy was an a-hole)

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

It was such a great season of television from start to finish.

My favourite part of the finale was Marnie just letting go and being selfish for probably the first time in her life. Except, people need to realize that hairdo works on NO ONE and should be banned from existence.

I really hope Dunham didn't take the criticisms of her show too seriously because I don't want her to ruin the greatness of it.

And now, after the finishing the season, I really liked watching the short clips on YouTube of Lena Dunham going in depth about each episode.

Here's the first one if anyone is interested ...

Edited by Bright Eyes, Jun 19 2012, 03:45 PM.

Lil
Member Avatar

I'm so late to the party...but yeah...this show really grew on me. I find it completely and utterly relatable and am almost frightened by some of the similarities to things experienced in my own life lol

the only thing I can't figure out is...WTF is Adam's deal? He's sooooo weird!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply