Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Soapnet still available for 'undetermined period of time'
Topic Started: Mar 20 2012, 11:43 AM (8,060 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/soapnet-sticking-around

SOAPnet Sticking Around!

By SOD Posted: Mar 20, 2012

Reports of SOAPnet's March demise to make room for Disney, Jr. were premature, it seems. The network, which re-airs GH, Y&R and DAYS, as well as beloved daytime and prime-time shows, isn't fading to black so soon. "We've always viewed the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch, and as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as additional carriage deals for Disney Junior are finalized with distributors," says a spokesperson for the network.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Yay!

If only they could bring back some of their old programming! Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, classic soap episodes, etc.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Checkers
Mar 20 2012, 02:04 PM
Yay!

If only they could bring back some of their old programming! Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, classic soap episodes, etc.
I agree. I'm sure the rights to the "Dallas" aren't cheap, but now would be a perfect time to land that on their schedule. Everybody who plans on watching this summer will want to catch up on the old series and see how it measures up, etc. That's something they should be jumping on. I wonder if TNT will have a weekend block or somewhere where they air classic episodes to the show since they own the rights to it.

sonemfan4life

Soapnet barely shows soaps. It's like the place to show teen damas(especially ones doing poorly on ABC Family), canceled ABC shows, random movies sometimes. And there's nothing classic about those "classic" epis of amc, oltl, and gh they play
Edited by sonemfan4life, Mar 20 2012, 03:36 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Well I guess this is good for Y&R and DAYS...they continue to keep getting additional revenue from SoapNet, until the plug if finally pulled.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Y'all need to think of the children and their entertainment needs. Where will kids turn for their entertainment needs? And what of the parents- what options do they have without this glorious new network?

This is just awful.

Marlene

As of 12:01AM on 4/3/12, Soapnet went dark in my area. We now have Disney Jr 24/7. I still don't get it. I don't begrudge programming for young children, but they already have so many options. And how many children are up watching TV around the clock. I'm going to have to start watching on line.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

olddaysfan
Apr 4 2012, 05:59 AM
As of 12:01AM on 4/3/12, Soapnet went dark in my area. We now have Disney Jr 24/7. I still don't get it. I don't begrudge programming for young children, but they already have so many options. And how many children are up watching TV around the clock. I'm going to have to start watching on line.
How awful!! I'm so happy we still have it in my area. I'm just waiting for the day though, where I'll have my pjs on and my glass of wine in hand and there's some second rate cartoon where Days used to be :(
I am preparing my brain now to be utterly pissed off in the future.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I am still getting Soapnet on my cable . Anyone hear more details about this?

Bremol
Member Avatar

I'm still getting SoapNet in my area. As a matter of fact, they're showing adverts for the new show they've aquired, Veronica Mars. Which puzzled me since they're supposed to be going off air.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Bremol
Apr 9 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm still getting SoapNet in my area. As a matter of fact, they're showing adverts for the new show they've aquired, Veronica Mars. Which puzzled me since they're supposed to be going off air.
Hey Bre :wave: haven't saw you post in forever..
I'm getting SN as well people who have Comcast cable got dropped but to my knowledge those who have U-verse,DirectTv & Dish Network are safe.

Marlene

Yes, it looks like Comcast was the first to jump ship.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Mine is Time Warner...still on.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Mine is Time Warner...still on.

walterf76

I have Comcast and it's still on

Bremol
Member Avatar

lightandday
Apr 9 2012, 09:06 PM
Bremol
Apr 9 2012, 08:55 PM
Hey Bre :wave: haven't saw you post in forever..
I'm getting SN as well people who have Comcast cable got dropped but to my knowledge those who have U-verse,DirectTv & Dish Network are safe.
:wave: lightandday! Nah, haven't posted in a while. Don't really watch any of the soaps anymore.

I have Fidelity Cable and they haven't shown any signs of dropping SN, but who knows.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have Comcast and I still have Soapnet.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

As of yesterday, SoapNet went out where I live... :-/

demilyftw3
Member Avatar

me too i have optinum

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

SoapNet still available on Charter.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply