Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adam Levine Circling FX's 'American Horror Story'
Topic Started: Mar 20 2012, 02:42 PM (644 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

FX's American Horror Story continues up the star power for its upcoming second season.

The Voice coach Adam Levine is in talks to join the horror anthology series from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by EW, Levine would play half of a contemporary character referred to as "The Lovers" in American Horror Story's sophomore season.

For Levine, the role would mark The Voice coach's first entry into scripted series, with the FX drama working around the Maroon 5 frontman's summer concert schedule.

He would join cast members Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe in the new season -- with the previously announced stars returning to play entirely new characters that Murphy has described as the opposite of their initial role.
"It's very fun to take a group of actors that you love and say, 'come play again,' " Murphy said earlier this month at PaleyFest. "Every year in the series is about a different haunting, so everybody will be playing the opposite of what they played, which is fun."

Details on Season 2 of AHS remain slim, with Murphy announcing in December following the freshman season finale that the series would completely reboot itself ever year.

"There are so many great genre subsets of horror. Our only rule on the show is no werewolves and no vampires," Murphy said of the what viewers won't see during Season 2. "I feel that a supernatural element will always be a part of the show but I don't think we're interested in that the same way. We're trying to do something much more historically accurate."

The potential casting would bring Levine closer into the Glee fold, with the singer-songwriter launching a record label earlier this year and signing Glee co-star Matthew Morrison.

The Hollywood Reporter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Can't stand him or his music. Don't want to watch him on this show either :flipoff:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I don't know why my first thought was that he would be Zachary Quinto's bf, but Quinto will probably play a straight character this season.

I hope he can act.

Mason
Member Avatar

PASS!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Um...I'm not expecting great things because I loved the first series so much. But this sounds awful and gimmicky.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I guess I'm the only one here who likes Adam Levine? LoL. I mean, I don't know how he is as an actor, but I like his music and I find him quite attractive, so him joining the show is fine by me. I hope we get to see his ass.

I'm confused by this quote though.
Quote:

Levine would play half of a contemporary character referred to as "The Lovers."
Is this like two Moiras?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like Maroon 5 just fine- they never really try anything new so you always know what you're gonna get. I appreciate that.

I just think it adds a burden on the audience when someone known for being themselves has to play a fictional role, and I'm not sure I could get past it being Adam Levine. It's going to be tough enough to see Jessica Lange without thinking about Constance.

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 20 2012, 05:09 PM
I just think it adds a burden on the audience when someone known for being themselves has to play a fictional role, and I'm not sure I could get past it being Adam Levine. It's going to be tough enough to see Jessica Lange without thinking about Constance.
I see your point. My sister says the same thing. I just don't think it's going to bother me as much as it will others. I mean, movie actors play different roles all the time. Plus, Jessica's an amazing actress so she'll sell anything she's asked to play.

As for Adam, I'm really just hoping to see his ass, LoL.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kenny
Mar 20 2012, 05:32 PM
Valid.

ETA- about The Lovers, the first thing I thought of was tarot cards. Isn't that part of the deck?
Edited by px780, Mar 20 2012, 07:11 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm down with Kenny. Imagine the ratings they'd get if they showed his ass. I'm a big Adam Levine fan, I'll watch.

King
Member Avatar

Obviously Ryan Murphy and whats his name just have a hard on for Adam Levine, LOL, right?
Edited by King, Mar 20 2012, 06:53 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'm a fan of Adam, so this is great news. And yes Kenny, I want to see his ass too!

one half of "The Lovers"??? :huh1:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

px780
Mar 20 2012, 05:45 PM
Kenny
Mar 20 2012, 05:32 PM
Valid.

ETA- about The Lovers, the first thing I thought of was tarot cards. Isn't that part of the deck?
My thoughts too. Maybe it has something to do with the Psychic world? Murphy did have a hard on for Psychic Billie Dean (Sarah Paulson)

Here's the Major Arcana

The Fool
The Magician
The High Priestess
The Empress
The Emperor
The Hierophant
The Lovers
Chariot
Justice
The Hermit
Wheel of Fortune
Strength
The Hanged Man
Death
Temperance
The Devil
The Tower
The Star
The Moon
The Sun
Judgement
The World

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply