Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumored DAYS Emmy Tapes
Topic Started: Mar 20 2012, 06:55 PM (2,806 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here is a list of what the pre-nominated actors from DAYS submitted for Emmy nomination consideration.

LEAD ACTRESS
Crystal Chappell (Ex-Carly Manning) - 8/19/2011: Carly detoxs in rehab

------------------

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) - 11/30/2011: Jack tells Marlena about his time in Afghanistan

-----------------

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Arianne Zucker (Nicole DiMera) - 11/8/2011: Nicole breaks it off w/EJ

-----------------

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Nadia Bjorlin (Ex-Chloe Lane) - No info on tape yet

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTOR
Chandler Massey (Will Horton) - 12/2/2011: Gabi breaks up w/Will

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTOR
Casey Deidrick (Chad DiMera) - No info on tape yet

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTRESS
Shelley Hennig (Ex-Stephanie Johnson) - 1/10/2011: Nathan breaks up w/Stephanie

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTRESS
Camila Banus (Gabi Hernandez) - 12/2/2011: Gabi breaks up w/Will

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTRESS
Molly Burnett (Melanie Jonas) - 3/2/2011: The aftermath of Melanie's miscarriage

-----------------

YOUNGER ACTRESS
Kate Mansi - (Abigail Deveraux)- 10/5/2011: Abigail has it out w/Jack for leaving the family

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

So rooting for Matt and Chandler. :wub:

Thanks for posting Mich!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Based on the above:

Matt, Crystal, Chandler, Shelley and Kate stand the best chance of getting a nod.

Molly's tape is actually a VERY good tape for Nadia Bjorlin...this would have been an excellent submission for Bjorlin and she is quite good in it.

Arianne, while good, just didn't do enough in her tape. Camila is also good in her tape, but she is overshadowed by other much stronger submissions in the YA category.

philip&stephanie

I really hope that Shelley Hennig get the nomination and also the win. Those scenes were the definition of Emmy wining performance. I'm also hoping that Matt and Chandler get nominated to. I would like Arianne to get a nomination as well, but I think she chose the wrong reel. She should have chosen the episode when she is told that Faye died or when she found out about E.J. and Taylor.

philip&stephanie

Oh I also wouldn't mind seeing Kate Mansi get a nomination although I feel next year will definately be her year.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree about Zucker picking the wrong tape...but this tape got her into the Top 10, so the voters must have liked it enough to get her there. Whether she finished in the Top 5, I amd going to bet she didn't make the cut.

michr544125

I think Chandler has a better chance next year. I think he's a fabulous actor but that reel to me wasn't the best choice because I feel that CB actually overacted him there for the most part. The only episode I've ever considered her doing good acting. He was great at the end but I'm not sure that is going to snag him the nomination. Next year for sure but I'm not sure this reel will do it.

lysie
Member Avatar

I HATE Crystal"s. It's embarrassing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

philip&stephanie

Mitchapalooza
Mar 20 2012, 07:18 PM
I agree about Zucker picking the wrong tape...but this tape got her into the Top 10, so the voters must have liked it enough to get her there. Whether she finished in the Top 5, I amd going to bet she didn't make the cut.
I think Arianne making the cut depends on how good the other actress's reels who submitted for supporting actress.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Okay, Shelley Hennig really has a chance to steal this thing. Her reel is fucking FANTASTIC. Its almost shocking, but not really because when I watched it I was blown away. Plus her being on a semi-popular primetime show now really does increase her odds of winning, even if it shouldn't. She doesn't need that, but it helps. I would be shocked if she didn't get nominated. She has to be a dark horse to win the whole thing. I've heard Christel Khalil is the landslide favorite in this category, but I haven't seen her reel yet. She had plenty of heavy and super soapy stuff but Emmy voters usually try to stray from overly soapy storylines.

Kate Mansi's is also very good, I think DAYS will have at least those 2 representing the show for Younger Actress. Camila Banus is pretty good in hers and she picked BY FAR the best and only option she had to work with, but Chandler Massey owns it and that will hurt her. Molly Burnett might get some votes because she's very popular in the soap community, but I don't think the reel is deserving of a nod.

I'm really not a fan of the work Crystal Chappell did during that storyline, but again she's super popular AND a lot of soap actors are going to be out of work soon or are already out of work. How does "Hey I voted for you to win the Emmy, even though you didn't deserve it!" sound on your resume? I guess we will find out.

Matt Ashford is in a powerhouse category. Maybe the best category along with Lead Actress. They are both super strong, but Supporting Actor is annually great. Jonathan Jackson has already won this thing so I just hope Matt gets a nod. It might be a unanimous win for Jackson if people didn't vote by show affiliation. I don't know the reels, but I can't be too upset if Ashford doesn't get it because I am sure there are more than 5 really good reels in this category. I just have to pull for one of my favorite daytime actors.

I'm glad we don't know Casey Deidrick's reel because I'm sure it is fucking terrible like all of the work he put in over the last year. Chandler Massey should WIN this category pretty easily, but you never know with the younger actors/actresses. These are the ones that almost always get screwed up every single year. Hoping the new voting system helps Chandler out.

Arianne Zucker's reel is pretty disappointing, but I love her and I think she is great even in her simple scenes. She's very good in the reel, but I don't know if its good enough. I'll be pulling hard for her!

peaches179

lysie
Mar 20 2012, 07:22 PM
I HATE Crystal"s. It's embarrassing.

ICAM.

am103
Member Avatar

Matt Ashford, Chandler Massey, Shelley Hennig, and Kate Mansi rocked all of their performances. Hope to see them get some nominations.

Ari Zucker picked the wrong footage, in my opinion. I think she should've picked the episode where Fay dies. Nicole's emotions boiled over in an agonizing mix of sadness, anger, heartbreak, frustration, and rage. I was totally captivated by those scenes because of her.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ashford, Massey, Heinnig and Massey are most deserving of a nomination.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Where is the Ejami scene from last year? That should win an emmy! .. Just saying!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Heinnig and Ashford are the ones I hope gets a nomination. The only two well deserving. The rest I wasn't too impressed with.

niki51586

I have really enjoyed watching Mansi and Massey when they are on. I am very impressed the way they have acted with the vets. MA is also rocking the PTSD s/l it really is a shame that it is a last burner story.

Lil
Member Avatar

philip&stephanie
Mar 20 2012, 07:14 PM
I really hope that Shelley Hennig get the nomination and also the win. Those scenes were the definition of Emmy wining performance. I'm also hoping that Matt and Chandler get nominated to. I would like Arianne to get a nomination as well, but I think she chose the wrong reel. She should have chosen the episode when she is told that Faye died or when she found out about E.J. and Taylor.
That was one of the best scenes I saw Shelley Hennig in. I was out f the loop for a long while and when I returned to DAYS Stephanie was crap, as was Philip who was always a favorite of mine...Just as Shelley started getting really REALLY good for me, they axed her. Seems to be a DAYS thing lol

I like Crystal Chappell a lot too, but Carly was a freakin' joke this last go around.

Rooting hard for Chandler and Matt. I love Ari Z too but this clip is not her finest for me.

philip&stephanie

Lil
Mar 21 2012, 09:46 AM
philip&stephanie
That was one of the best scenes I saw Shelley Hennig in. I was out f the loop for a long while and when I returned to DAYS Stephanie was crap, as was Philip who was always a favorite of mine...Just as Shelley started getting really REALLY good for me, they axed her. Seems to be a DAYS thing lol

I like Crystal Chappell a lot too, but Carly was a freakin' joke this last go around.

Rooting hard for Chandler and Matt. I love Ari Z too but this clip is not her finest for me.
Shelley was not axed she quit when her contact was up as did Jay.

Lil
Member Avatar

philip&stephanie
Mar 21 2012, 11:09 AM
Lil
philip&stephanie

True. But the writing for both of them was going nowhere. I can't say I blame them. It's just unfortunate that Shelley left just as i was learning to appreciate her. And that Philip left as a sniveling mess over Melanie of all people. Ick.

philip&stephanie

Lil
Mar 21 2012, 11:26 AM
philip&stephanie
Mar 21 2012, 11:09 AM
Lil
philip&stephanie

True. But the writing for both of them was going nowhere. I can't say I blame them. It's just unfortunate that Shelley left just as i was learning to appreciate her. And that Philip left as a sniveling mess over Melanie of all people. Ick.
Very true it is as almost they wanted Jay and Shelley to leave with the way they wrote their characters into the ground.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply