Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wed Ratings: 'Idol' continues to plummet, Huge drop for 'Happy Endings'; 'Whitney', 'Chelsea' 'Criminal Minds' rebounds
Topic Started: Mar 22 2012, 12:26 PM (359 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Adults 18-49
American Idol 4.9/14 (-.5)
Criminal Minds 3.2/8 (+.4)
Survivor 2.7/8 (-.2)
CSI 2.5/7 (-.2)
Modern Family (R) 2.0/6
Happy Endings 1.8/5 (-.6)
Whitney 1.6/5 (+.2)
Are You There, Chelsea? 1.4/4 (+.4)
Suburgatory (R) 1.3/4
Missing (R) 1.3/3
The Middle (R) 1.2/4
Bent 0.9/2
Rock Center with Brian Williams 0.7/2 (+.1)
One Tree Hill 0.7/2 (same)
America's Next Top Model 0.6/2 (+.1)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Considering its competition (Idol) and the fact that it was the only show on ABC that wasn't a repeat, I think Happy Endings could have done worse.

All desperate fanwanking aside, I really wish more people watched this show. It's my favorite thing on right now and pretty much the one show I consistently look forward to each week (until Sunday when Mad Men returns, that is).

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Seriously, more people need to embrace Happy Endings. That show is so funny I have to pause at some points because my laughter makes me miss the next few jokes.

But...it is very specific humor. I think it works well for people who like this kind of board, people deeper into pop culture. I'm going to have to be happy with however many episodes we get.

Mason
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 22 2012, 12:44 PM
But...it is very specific humor. I think it works well for people who like this kind of board, people deeper into pop culture.
I kind of feel like it has a fairly broad appeal. It's like Friends...only way better. People just need to give it a shot.

Brianna!
Member Avatar

^ ITA. Happy Endings is so funny. More people need to start watching. There isnt a time when i watching that I'm not laughing.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason
Mar 22 2012, 12:54 PM
px780
Mar 22 2012, 12:44 PM
But...it is very specific humor. I think it works well for people who like this kind of board, people deeper into pop culture.
I kind of feel like it has a fairly broad appeal. It's like Friends...only way better. People just need to give it a shot.
I think the concept is broad, but the jokes and delivery...it's all very tight (they don't pause so the joke registers), you have to pay attention to watch, and the funniest stuff is in the details. I love that about it, but I think that limits the appeal.

King
Member Avatar

Happy Endings is generally the best.

But last night's was awful, IMO. I don't know if I laughed once!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Add me to the Happy Endings love fest. On another board I post at, years ago there was a thread: "Who would you rather be friends with? The Friends gang or the Seinfeld gang" to which someone posted "If I was friends with the Friends, I would kill my friends. If I was friends with the Seinfelds, I'd kill myself." I know it sounds lame, but I would love to be friends with Happy Endings gang - I love all of the characters!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

As for Bent, the ratings flop was expected - putting its premiere in NBC's death slot in late March with zero promotion, what more could NBC do to kill it? And its a shame, because it is a surprisingly charming, well written and acted show. Oh well, 4 more episodes and it is done!

Ashley22
Member Avatar

Happy Endings is Awesome!! The cast is really great...I think Penny is my favorite. The episode where Penny gets dumped by her boyfriend for abbreviating too many words (“You asked my aunt how she was feeling after her ‘full hysterecto.”) was hysterical! I laughed till i cried!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply