Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ Learns Nicole is Pregnant; 4/3/12 Issue
Topic Started: Mar 22 2012, 01:13 PM (13,920 Views)
Vicky4Mimi

The week begins with Rafe and Nicole running into EJ, who believes that the duo had sex. "Nicole and Rafe have to make everyone believe at this moment that they were together," shares Ari Zucker (Nicole). "More than anything, Nicole wants to have this baby. From what Nicole knows, she can carry a baby for 5 months. Her biggest concern is that the baby be OK. So to save the pregnancy, Rafe and Nicole have to be convincing."

Nicole has a private moment with EJ and drops a bombshell: She has filed the divorce papers that she made him sign a while back. "Having the signed divorced papers filed is another way that Nicole is trying to protect the baby," notes Zucker. "It finalizes things between Nicole and EJ."

EJ is devastated by the news and makes one more plea to win back Nicole. Though Nicole is affected by EJ's obvious hurt, she remains strong and turns him down. Zucker explains, "With this pregnancy, there is no way that Nicole can go back to EJ."

Nicole is also aware that she is making a decision that is unfair to her ex, but feels she has no choice. "Nicole knows how the DiMeras work," asserts Zucker. "She watched everything that EJ did to Sami and everything that Sami did to him regarding their children. What they both did to keep the babies away from each other was terrible. By keeping EJ away from his baby, Nicole is following in Sami's footsteps," Zucker concedes.

Rafe meets with Nicole at the Horton Square, and she ask for his help getting her out of Salem so that EJ can never find her. "Nicole is not stupid," Zucker observes. "She has to hide. She can see what the damage will do to the baby." Rafe persuades Nicole to stay and promises to help her. At that moment, EJ approaches and overhears Nicole talking about her pregnancy.

"Of course, EJ overhears," smiles Zucker, "The words came out of Nicole's mouth and now she wants to kick herself 4 times!"

Source: Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm glad EJ finds out early. I'm sure there are going to be more lies to keep the story going, like the fact that he's not the father, and "Rafe is."

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

So there it is. Racole is going to pretend to be together, which of course, means that Rafe is going to pretend to be the baby daddy.

Meanwhile, can someone explain Nicole's logic to me? She saw how horrible and devestating it was when Ejami tried to keep their children away from each other, so in order to ensure her baby is okay, she decides to do the same thing. WTF?

MissLola
Member Avatar

How is the stress of hiding a baby from its father making it safe for the baby? This is stupid!

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 22 2012, 01:18 PM
So there it is. Racole is going to pretend to be together, which of course, means that Rafe is going to pretend to be the baby daddy.

Meanwhile, can someone explain Nicole's logic to me? She saw how horrible and devestating it was when Ejami tried to keep their children away from each other, so in order to ensure her baby is okay, she decides to do the same thing. WTF?
:shrug: :drunk: :drunk:

It must be all the drinking I'm doing because I don't get it either. Poor actors trying to explain these ridiculous s/ls that really don't make sense. :frustration: WTF is right.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 22 2012, 01:18 PM

I know!

However, Dena could make it work and have Nicole come out smelling like a rose. It's not hard to do. Pregnancy changes people and gives them strength. Nicole could have a big AHA! moment to connect the dots that EJ is an abusive partner when he's crossed. They could use the flashbacks of the way he mistreated her during their first marriage. I believe he choked her a few times when he thought she was pregnant AND high risk--hallmark of an abuser. She could flashback to when EJ tried to KILL her but Dan had to save her. Dena would give her a bunch of monologues where she wrestled with her realizations. It's not hard to make EJ the bad guy.
Edited by Halloween Family, Mar 22 2012, 01:28 PM.

peaches179

This story would probably more interesting if Rafe/Nicole wasn't so boring together.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Does this mean there's no misunderstanding then of who the father is when he hears she's pregnant? AZ says everything posters have been saying, she doing what Sami did, her expectations for full term are in deed low, the Dimeras and their heirs...and that she needs the baby to make it as far as possible in utero. Is this why she says she can't go back to EJ while pregnant because they obviously have serious issues to sort out and doing so may compromise her pregnancy? They do have volatile tendencies when going through rough patches in their relationship.

I am glad that Nicole is obviously affected by his plea to save their marriage and this before he finds out about the baby.....it gives me hope.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

If Rafe pretends to be the father, I'm guessing Carrie will then work on her marriage

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Quote:

"Nicole and Rafe have to make everyone believe at this moment that they were together," shares Ari Zucker (Nicole). "More than anything, Nicole wants to have this baby. From what Nicole knows, she can carry a baby for 5 months. Her biggest concern is that the baby be OK. So to save the pregnancy, Rafe and Nicole have to convincing."

And...why does everyone have to believe this? Had they already decided that Rafe is going to play fake baby daddy - because at this point no one knows she's pregnant. I don't see how this 'saves' the pregnancy.

Quote:

Nicole has a private moment with EJ and drops a bombshell: She has filed the divorce papers that she made him sign a while back. "Having the signed divorced papers filed is another way that Nicole is trying to protect the baby," notes Zucker. "It finalizes things between Nicole and Ej."

She's protecting the baby by divorcing it's father? For no reason other than he slept with another woman (while she was separated from him)? Nice. :hmmph:

Quote:

EJ is devasted by the news and makes one more plea to win back Nicole. Though Nicole is affected by EJ's obvious hurt, she remains strong and turns him down. Zucker explains, "With this pregnancy, there is no way that Nicole can go back to EJ."

The pregnancy is not the reason Nicole can't go back to EJ - that would be down to her own petty jealousy and vicious need for revenge. :toetap:

Quote:

Nicole is also aware that she is making a decision that is unfair to her ex, but feels she has no choice. "Nicole knows how the DiMeras work," asserts Zucker. "She watched everything that EJ did to Sami and everything that Sami did to him regarding their children. What they both did to keep the babies away from each other was terrible. By keeping EJ away from his baby, Nicole is following in Sami's footsteps"

:huh1: Oh AZ...I really feel bad for you having to try and find a way to spin this shit. :facepalm:

Quote:

Rafe meets with Nicole at the Horton Square, and she ask for his help getting her out of Salem so that EJ can never find her. "Nicole is not stupid ," Zucker observes.

All evidence to the contrary... :-/

Quote:

"She has to hide. She can see what the damage will do to the baby." Rafe persuades Nicole to stay and promised to help her. At that moment, EJ approaches and overhears Nicole talking about her pregnancy.

And there it is...Round 2 of Rafe trying to claim one of EJ's kids is officially upon us. :shame:

MissLola
Member Avatar

But if Nicole hadnt found out about beast sex would she still need to keep the baby from him? The explanation for this story sucks!

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

Am i the only one who's lost?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

If she tries to say the baby is Rafe's and everyone believes her, I am going to be really irritated. So, they would actually think that Nicole and Rafe have been messing around for a while? When did either of them have time in the last few months?!?

I really hope EJ doesn't believe it. Falling for the rubber belly the last time was bad enough, don't go there again!

MericP
Member Avatar

Wow.

How lame.

The reason Nicole is keeping the baby from EJ is for revenge. Not that she's "afraid" of what he would do.

If it hadn't come out that EJ slept with Sami, Nicole would be happily pregnant at EJ's side.

I can't even begin to express how sorry I feel for Ari at having to spin this shit.

TFP.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 22 2012, 01:34 PM
If she tries to say the baby is Rafe's and everyone believes her, I am going to be really irritated. So, they would actually think that Nicole and Rafe have been messing around for a while? When did either of them have time in the last few months?!?

I really hope EJ doesn't believe it. Falling for the rubber belly the last time was bad enough, don't go there again!
Well, you can find out your pregnant two weeks after having done the deed. And about a month has gone by from the time Nicole walked out of the mansion until EJ overhears them talking about it, so it's not totally implausible. Racole will probably say they slept together right away. Plus, we all know that EJ is a complete dumbass when it comes to pregnancy.

deletemyaccountplease

I'm starting to hate nicole

YOU GUYS WERENT EVEN TOGETHER YOU DUMBASS OMG

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Rafe/Carrie/Nicole/Sami/EJ/Lucas are all talking out of both sides of their mouths only Austin isn't confused about who he loves, who he wants to be with, which only means he is the only one likely to suffer the most.

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Why Why Why did they split Ejole,Safe (who I dont even like but still), and Caustin up to have Rafe play daddy? Sami will go to Lucas, Ej will? and Carrie will go back to Austin?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This storyline is incredibly stupid...thats all I got!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 22 2012, 01:40 PM
Angie79
Mar 22 2012, 01:34 PM

Well, you can find out your pregnant two weeks after having done the deed. And about a month has gone by from the time Nicole walked out of the mansion until EJ overhears them talking about it, so it's not totally implausible. Racole will probably say they slept together right away. Plus, we all know that EJ is a complete dumbass when it comes to pregnancy.
You could have just said "EJ is a complete dumbass" period. He's my favorite character, but the truth is the truth.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply