Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stefano Controls John And Hope; 4/3/12 issue
Topic Started: Mar 22 2012, 06:15 PM (4,693 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

In Alamainia, John and Hope agree to Stefano's demand that they become their art-stealing alters to recover a valuable Anastasia egg. "Stefano has threatened to take out Marlena, so John and Hope agree to become The Pawn and Princess Gina again," previews Drake Hogestyn.

Stefano makes arrangements for a hypnotist to conduct their transformation. "John and Hope only have a few minutes to gather themselves," says Hogestyn. "John tells Hope, 'We've been down this road before. We need to prepare ourselves. Find that place somewhere deep in your brain that Stefano can't reach, some place that is safe. Lock away your memories and your love for Bo.' It's the only thing John and Hope can do to save their lives."

They hypnotist arrives and the duo is placed under a hypnotic trance and drugged. They regain consciousness and share a passionate kiss. Stefano smiles, pleased by the hypnotist's success.

Hogestyn shares, "John, as the Pawn, asks, 'What year is it?' Stefano says that it's 2012 and John remarks, 'Damn, I had bets on the World Cup of 1993. Who won?'" John and Hope, who is now Princess Gina, also ask what has happened since 1993, but Stefano refuses to tell them. "He doesn't want them to know where they've been or who they were between the years 1993 and 2012," explains the actor.

Later, Stefano instructs the duo that their mission is to locate the valuable art piece they hid away and return it to him. "Stefano says after they do what he wants, he will let them resume their lives as the Princess and The Pawn and go off to wherever they please, " Hogestyn teases. "The adventure begins."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

1993?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I actually don't hate Stefano hypnotizing John and Hope to turn them back into Pawn and Gine to find an Anastasia egg - that is very old school JER-like Days of our Lives. What I'm really skeptical about is how this is going to play out. Goofy stuff like this worked with JER because he was such a good storyteller and played out the beats effectively. The fact that they just start kissing and then ask what year it is doesn't give me a lot of hope.

peaches179

lysie
Mar 22 2012, 06:16 PM
1993?

:shame:

lysie
Member Avatar

I hope John and Hope aren't really hypnotized, and they're going to pull a fast one on Stefano. For the most part spoilers dont' support my hope, but this helps: "John and Hope only have a few minutes to gather themselves," says Hogestyn.
Quote:

"John tells Hope, 'We've been down this road before. We need to prepare ourselves. Find that place somewhere deep in your brain that Stefano can't reach, some place that is safe. Lock away your memories and your love for Bo."

peaches179

tomsawyer
Mar 22 2012, 06:24 PM
I actually don't hate Stefano hypnotizing John and Hope to turn them back into Pawn and Gine to find an Anastasia egg - that is very old school JER-like Days of our Lives. What I'm really skeptical about is how this is going to play out. Goofy stuff like this worked with JER because he was such a good storyteller and played out the beats effectively. The fact that they just start kissing and then ask what year it is doesn't give me a lot of hope.

I wonder will we ever find out what was in the letter Stefano had. :shrug:

luvmysoaps

lysie
Mar 22 2012, 06:27 PM
I hope John and Hope aren't really hypnotized, and they're going to pull a fast one on Stefano. For the most part spoilers dont' support my hope, but this helps: "John and Hope only have a few minutes to gather themselves," says Hogestyn.
Quote:

"John tells Hope, 'We've been down this road before. We need to prepare ourselves. Find that place somewhere deep in your brain that Stefano can't reach, some place that is safe. Lock away your memories and your love for Bo."
I have been hoping that they will be pretending as well and working Stefano.

THis actually sounds interesting

luvmysoaps

peaches179
Mar 22 2012, 06:28 PM
tomsawyer

Good question. Whatever it is, it had better be huge to have made him cry like that. My recent experiences on soaps (Y&R) though is they build up these huge secrets and then the reveal leaves me :shame: :shrug:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Mar 22 2012, 06:16 PM
1993?
that's my question too. What happened to 1999?

hops
Member Avatar

John was having an Affair with Marlena in 1993 and Hope I believe was off the show this was the time she was being controlled by Stef (as Hope/PG) working by herself. One word....Stupid. So tired of how they have to twist so much just to make this work. Why didn't Stef just have Hop/PG get the egg for him when she working for him alone? Again, John never worked with Hopina...he worked with the real PG before he came to Salem. Oh, and John has already said that he remembered everything about being Stef's Pawn, (I think that was only a few weeks ago he said that?) and now he doesn't remember anything? Someone explain this to me, lol. And yes, I get that I am supposed to believe that John and Hopiina ran off in 1999 to Alamania and had a life (even though they were in Hawaii on a Sub with Stefano, lol)

autumnrain
Member Avatar

Really, this is the stupidest shit. Ever.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

1993 ??? thats when jarlena affair happened! really im startin to fuckin hate this s/l big time!

i wont watch it not anymore! stefano is goin to smile while john and hope kiss? son of a bitch!!! :censored:

i cant stand this crap!!! they may not have sex but still im sick that marlena has once again to "forgive" john. "we werent ourselves speech" wont fly with me! it wont....really why is days determined to destroy supercouples like bope and jarlena???? :tears:

jeez...im really pissed!!! ive defended this alamania s/l try to make sense of it,but NOT ANYMORE! :soapbox:

its pure SHIT!!! major re-write!! :shame: ! i really hate this!!

peaches179

luvmysoaps
Mar 22 2012, 06:32 PM
peaches179
Mar 22 2012, 06:28 PM
tomsawyer

Good question. Whatever it is, it had better be huge to have made him cry like that. My recent experiences on soaps (Y&R) though is they build up these huge secrets and then the reveal leaves me :shame: :shrug:

I hope we do find out what was in that letter. But given the way how they drop things so fast, I'm not getting my hopes up.

peaches179

hops
Mar 22 2012, 06:52 PM
John was having an Affair with Marlena in 1993 and Hope I believe was off the show this was the time she was being controlled by Stef (as Hope/PG) working by herself. One word....Stupid. So tired of how they have to twist so much just to make this work. Why didn't Stef just have Hop/PG get the egg for him when she working for him alone? Again, John never worked with Hopina...he worked with the real PG before he came to Salem. Oh, and John has already said that he remembered everything about being Stef's Pawn, (I think that was only a few weeks ago he said that?) and now he doesn't remember anything? Someone explain this to me, lol. And yes, I get that I am supposed to believe that John and Hopiina ran off in 1999 to Alamania and had a life (even though they were in Hawaii on a Sub with Stefano, lol)

I think it's pretty clear that the writers are making this story up as they go along.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wait wait wait...WTF..1993...that is ASS backwards!!

Princess Gina was over in 2000 or 2001 right?

I like the sounds of this, but the dating is WAY WAY WAY too far off...I wish they would have just left that shit off.

CynthiaHaskins1

The princess gina storyline was over in 2000.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

1993 works for Hope. She was supposedly parading around the world as Princess Gina in those four years Hope was presumed dead between 1990-1994. However, I'm confused about John. He had a pretty strong presence in Salem in 1993. Were there any times when he was off-screen for a specific reason?

Oh well. I can't wait to see Alfonso playing Princess Gina again. The eyebrow returns!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Only true Days fans would read this storyline scoop and focus on the year as the unacceptably illogical part of this whole deal.

I'm not sure if I care. It seems like a moderately-entertaining step on the path to them being rescued by Marlena and Bo and the love they share. I hope there's something more, like they're pretending, or Stefano is fucking with them in ways yet-to-be revealed.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 22 2012, 07:13 PM
1993 works for Hope. She was supposedly parading around the world as Princess Gina in those four years Hope was presumed dead between 1990-1994. However, I'm confused about John. He had a pretty strong presence in Salem in 1993. Were there any times when he was off-screen for a specific reason?

Oh well. I can't wait to see Alfonso playing Princess Gina again. The eyebrow returns!
Between pursuing Marlena, having an affair with her, trying to find out if the woman he loved was carrying his baby, fighting with Kritter, being disappointed that Marlena's baby wasn't his, screwing Kritter, delivering Belle and then trying to find Belle after she was kidnapped... John didn't have much time.

It's just... you don't fuck with 1993, for J&M fans, that year is holy. The year of the affair for cryin' out loud!

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 22 2012, 07:13 PM

Well, he tried to leave Salem, but he got a little side tracked. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply