Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings: March 12-16, 2012; Good Week for B&B
Topic Started: Mar 22 2012, 06:42 PM (2,462 Views)
jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Wow Tuesday sucked. I know I was out of town that week being Spring break and all. But we gained back 104,000 viewers from last year. That's good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

bad Tuesday numbers, but it's encouraging that the women 18-49 & men 18+ held steady/ went up slightly. Friday was when the Abby/Austin thing came out, right?

I feel like something happened on Tuesday too....

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I wonder if the fact that CBS' shows were preempted on Thurs/Friday had anything to do with Days' number for those days. I know with me, if one show isn't being aired, I tend to watch those that are. Sometimes it's to catch up on a show I've watched in the past. If I've never watched the show before, it's to see what the show has to offer in comparison to the one that's preempted.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 23 2012, 10:35 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Aaah so Tuesday was the pre-emption day...ok well that explains the huge drop...too bad NBC counted that in their ratings.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

I thought preemption for Days happened March 6?

ETA: Yes, there was a scheduled preemption for Tuesday, March 6 and possible one for Wednesday, March 14. I don't believe there was one - planned or unscheduled - for Tuesday, March 13.
Edited by badaddiction, Mar 23 2012, 01:20 PM.

purplebrat
Member Avatar

And once again the highest day of the the week just happens to be the one day Bradison was on...

lastDays
Member Avatar

DAYSisHOT
Mar 22 2012, 09:08 PM
I think super Tuesday was the week prior? I think Mississippi, Hawaiii and Alabama voted that Tuesday.
I think Obama held a news conference that day.I do remember Days being pre-empted in Dallas for one

King
Member Avatar

I'm not a GH fan, but what I've seen of the show lately, it is a hot mess.

ABC was foolish for canceling a show they didn't think was bringing in good enough numbers, then bringing NUMEROUS characters from said show to their #1 show. I mean...um, derrr, hellur? Did you expect ratings magic? Enough with the games and gimmicks. Keep OLTL on the air or cancel it, but don't transplant the cast members to a whole different show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

If we take ANYTHING away from these ratings it's the POSITIVE in the yearly viewers. If I remember correctly this is the first time in almost A YEAR that Days is showing a gain in viewers from the year before.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 24 2012, 11:33 AM
If we take ANYTHING away from these ratings it's the POSITIVE in the yearly viewers. If I remember correctly this is the first time in almost A YEAR that Days is showing a gain in viewers from the year before.
Its still down 40,000 in W18-49 and thats what counts for renewal for NBC. Thats alot down with these awful numbers. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply