Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Michelle Stafford Q&A, Soap Opera Festival, Atlantic City *Spoilers Mentioned*
Topic Started: Mar 26 2012, 03:42 PM (3,023 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

At the "Soap Opera Festival", March 24th-25th, Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, The Young and The Restless) had an hour-long Q&A panel about her role and career in daytime television. Here's a summary of all discussed.

THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

What is Michelle’s favorite storyline as Phyllis? Two favorites. 1) When Phyllis seduced her shrink Tim Reed; and 2) the Nick/Phyllis affair.

What is her least favorite storyline? She doesn’t have a specific one, but she has issues with Phyllis being a grandmother.

Spoilers? Phyllis will be trusting Nick more. Michael Damien (Danny Romalotti) is returning to Y&R

Favorite of Phyllis’ lovers? She loves them all. Nick brings out one side of Phyllis. Detective Malloy brought out another.

Does she ever get injured with all those desktop sex scenes? “Only my elbows and knees”.

Would Adam and Phyllis ever get together? Only if Nick does something so horrible that it could be justified.

How much is she like Phyllis? “I have the same cadence. The same humor. But I’m not as tightly wound, emotional and knee jerky. Not as jacked!”

How does she like working with Billy Miller (Billy)? She loves being “co-workers who disagree”.

Where was the Cane/Lily wedding shot? At a famous Hollywood house rumored to be haunted.

How is working with Michael Graziadei (Danny)? He is only ten years younger than Michelle in real life. She had issues working with a grown son, but he is a “good guy and a good actor”.

Was she concerned about backlash from Sharon/Nick fans when the Phyllis/Nick affair started? She was not concerned. She wants an interesting story. She has no vested interest in Phyllis being in part of a couple. But it does look as if the Sharon/Nick/Phyllis triangle may be starting up again.

How was the scene with Phyllis’ father? It did not last long. Originally, the story was not written as the parents throwing Phyllis under the bus…but the scenes with Avery turned the story in that direction. Phyllis has the same negative traits that she hates in her father.

Is Joshua Morrow (Nick) really hurt? He has issues with knee cartilage which involves an operation. Also, Billy Miller broke his hand hitting a table in a scene!

Why hasn’t race been brought up more with the Katherine/Devon story? Maybe Y&R is afraid to go there, concerned that they will make a mistake. They just want to tell good story.

Does she read her scripts the moment she gets them? Yes, if she’s interested in the particular storyline. They get scripts a week in advance. She only reads her scenes, not the whole script.

Does she have difficulty with intense emotional scenes? Sometimes she does not like doing the “Lucy” storyline because as a mother herself, she doesn’t want to go there.

Does she watch soaps? She watched Ryan’s Hope, All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. She is a fan of both Debbie Morgan and Genie Francis; and is blown away that she gets to work with them. “Tony Geary is a big reason as to why I’m an actor.”

How is the work schedule? It varies. They generally start taping at 9 AM and end at 6 PM. Big parties go on longer.

Is she worried about Y&R staying on the air? No. Y&R has just signed a three year contract. Also, actors rarely get the kind of security that she has had by staying on a soap.

Has she ever cracked up taping a scene? The chocolate cake catfight with Sharon Case (Sharon) caused a bit of laughing on the set.

Does she have any say in wardrobe? It is all the Y&R wardrobe people. She tries the clothes on; and they either fit or they don’t.

What character in Genoa City would she switch places with? Katherine Chancellor.

ACTING

Is the soap opera genre right for Michelle? She is interested in all genres as an actress; and doesn’t change her style for a particular genre. She loves the close connection with soap operas and knowing that she’s “in someone’s house every day”.

Would she prefer to work on primetime or daytime? “It is all connected. All TV.”

For the rest, link below...

Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Well I think someones a bit touchy about their age!! Not surprised she has issues with being a Grandmother and doesn't like how old Daniel is :laugh:

It was pretty obvious the crap with Phyllis' father wasn't what the story was supposed to be all along. It ended up bombing.

Thanks for posting
Edited by Crazygirl, Mar 26 2012, 04:17 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

^LOL....I caught that too. She is definitely age sensitive.

"Co-workers who disagree". What does that mean?

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 26 2012, 04:27 PM

I thought MS was just talking about Phyllis and Billy working together at Restless Style and always disagreeing.

Daytime
Member Avatar

LPS
Mar 26 2012, 04:27 PM

Could be storyline related...Well I think it is... she said "co-worker".... :shrug:
Edited by Daytime, Mar 26 2012, 05:45 PM.

cgoff
Member Avatar

she did nto say anything about being "sensitive" about her age, she does not agree with Phyllis being a Grandmother, I see no issue! MS is very proud of her age, she is an independant woman, she has a long and award winning career, she has her hobby of buying homes and remodeling them and selling them for millions of dollars, and most of all she has her beautiful daughter.

why so jealous that the age factor has to be brought up! one day you will all be 45 years old if you are not already!

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

^^Well she has issues with Phyllis having a grown son and being a grandmother, to me that sounds like it has to do with age.

lene
Member Avatar

cgoff
Mar 26 2012, 07:33 PM
she did nto say anything about being "sensitive" about her age, she does not agree with Phyllis being a Grandmother, I see no issue! MS is very proud of her age, she is an independant woman, she has a long and award winning career, she has her hobby of buying homes and remodeling them and selling them for millions of dollars, and most of all she has her beautiful daughter.

why so jealous that the age factor has to be brought up! one day you will all be 45 years old if you are not already!
No one is jealous. Everyone ages, come on.... It's pretty obvious that she's sensitive about her age when she brings up having issues with Phyllis having a grown son, and being a grandma.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

cgoff

she said herself she has "issues" with having a grown son and being a grandmother, if that doesn't sound like she's age sensitive, I don't know what does.
How is she proud of her age, does she go around telling people how old she is?
No one is jealous of her just because we comment on what she said and as for bringing the age factor up, Michelle Stafford did that.

Quote:

Michael Damien (Danny Romalotti) is returning to Y&R

CRAP! :puke:

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am a Michelle fan and I admit, it kinda sounds like she has issues with Phyllis having a grown son and being a grandma...which I don't get.. My mom was a 40 year old grandma..she had me at twenty and I had my first child at 20.. I don't see what the big deal that Phyllis is a grandma. Its logical.

Unless she thinks people will think Phyllis is older or something.. I just didn't understand that statement..

Posted Image

trafalgar

Daytime
Mar 26 2012, 03:42 PM
Spoilers? Phyllis will be trusting Nick more. Michael Damien (Danny Romalotti) is returning to Y&R

Oh wow... I was just reading on another board that Danny Romalotti was returning. I guess it's true! :OhMy:

There's a "spoiler"/spumor that Michael Graziadei who plays Daniel is leaving Y&R at the end of his contract. Apparently he only renewed for one year and he has other projects he wants to pursue in his acting career.

Anyway, they said Daniel was going to be killed off and Michael Damian/Danny Romalotti was coming back for his funeral.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

I woulnd't mind them killing of Daniel. Useless character IMO. Never really liked him.

Will be weird seeing Danny again.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Anyway, they said Daniel was going to be killed off and Michael Damian/Danny Romalotti was coming back for his funeral.

Why? Why can't they just have him go to NY or wherever? They kill him off we have to go through Phyliss and her mourning, blaming, etc, for months. :huh:
When is the end of his contract?
Edited by Sammie Jo, Mar 27 2012, 09:19 AM.

Cornellw
Member Avatar

trafalgar
Mar 27 2012, 12:59 AM
Daytime
Mar 26 2012, 03:42 PM

Oh wow... I was just reading on another board that Danny Romalotti was returning. I guess it's true! :OhMy:

There's a "spoiler"/spumor that Michael Graziadei who plays Daniel is leaving Y&R at the end of his contract. Apparently he only renewed for one year and he has other projects he wants to pursue in his acting career.

I don't care if they killed him off or not anymore Y&R has already lost me as a viewer when after years of us Daily fans wanting to see Daniel and Lily get back together were just teased and toyed with. I stopped watching the show because of how they broke them up the first time and when I heard they were getting back together I tuned back in only to stop watching again over how they broke them up the second time in a even worse manor. And now they are doing the same thing for Shick and Phick fans which is also sad.
Edited by Cornellw, Mar 27 2012, 12:46 PM.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

It's a lot of Bullshit flying from some of these personal blogs here lately , I think this is a fake, Stafford didn't give a individual person to person interview did she? maybe he/she summarize this from being in the Audience of a fan event ? Hummm I don't know shit seem kind of off here & this coming from someone who don't care for MS any who if it's true Graz leaving I'll forever hold this version of him .

:wub: Posted Image :wub:
Edited by lightandday, Mar 27 2012, 12:22 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm confused. Is MG leaving Y&R? Damn! I've heard that rumor, too.

Cornellw
Member Avatar

lightandday
Mar 27 2012, 12:22 PM
You see that is back when they wrote both Daniel and Lily well and they wanted to be something in life. I also think that pairing worked well because MG and DS were dating during that time and they brought that on screen with them and the other Lily and MG were great friends so they worked well together as well. Also it actually gave the Winters a good storyline and featured them in better roles. It's a shame they broke those two up but then again I think it's a shame they broke Danny and Cricket (Christine) up and feel they should be brought back for a proper send off as well where they both remarry and then when you have one or the other pop in they can give updates on what the other is doing. But then that mean you have to actually write a good story and we can't have that can we.

cgoff
Member Avatar

MS tweeted

michelle staffordž@TheRealStaffordReply
@LauriesOutTakes Ya know...this makes me mad.this is TOTALLY paraphrased and some things NOT in the context i said them..did you write this?

the blog @lauriesouttakes is a TOTAL misrepresentation of what i said this weekend pls don't read it

@lauriesouttakes who are you??? i didn't give you an interview!!! your "interview" here is a TOTAL misinterpretation.u should take it off

WVAndi

cgoff

EXACTLY, Agree 100% all the way with you!!

45 years of age or OLDER!!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I'm hearing that Lauren ends up shooting Daniel while trying to protect Lucy. Anyone know anything about that?
I can't imagine they would do that unless lauren is leaving and they haul her off to the loony bin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply