Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dose.ca Interview with Molly Burnett
Topic Started: Mar 28 2012, 01:54 PM (1,492 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

http://blogs.dose.ca/2012/03/28/interview-molly-burnett-days-of-our-lives/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Thomson
Mar 28 2012, 01:54 PM
Ok, as annoying as I find Melameeee, I love that she mentioned "Chill." I would have been a Chill shipper a while back...but now that Freddie is on as Sonny, I am allll about Wilson. even though I'm not a shipper. lol

Molly sounds like a nice enough girl, she obviously has a lot of friends on the set and whatnot. But character-wise, Melanie is not all that interesting. And from the sounds of this interview the Chad & Gabi stuff is all that she's got going on. Which is fine by me *shrug* As long as they don't start frontburnering this shit.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Quote:

I haven’t really been able to work with Shawn, Eric or Suzanne even.

I'm so glad to hear this :D

Lil
Member Avatar

Thomson
Mar 28 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:

Me too, although admittedly, I don't mind the Brady/Mel friendship. FRIENDship. Nothing else lol

Thomson
Member Avatar

Quote:

In order to keep characters that you’ve brought on and that you like, that the fans like, you gotta kinda put them in one of those families.

This is just bullshit.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Lil
Mar 28 2012, 02:24 PM
Thomson
Mar 28 2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:

Me too, although admittedly, I don't mind the Brady/Mel friendship. FRIENDship. Nothing else lol

Nah I don't like anything that involves Mel. I'm tired of her.

This interview was a big waste of my time.

michr544125

Wait, so she is trying to say that triangle with mel/gabi/chad is still going to be on her our screens come June if they are still taping it??? What a waste of air time :shrug: . Mel and Chad would be so much better off in another story that doesn't involve 3rd parties. It's really really hurting Chad's character right now.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

i want her to leave...shes useless....

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

In the pic of the trio, MB looks like unkept. Molly`s hair is a complete mess and her dress looks like a rag.
I will admit that she looks good in the two other photos posted in the article.

MB as a primetime actress, goodness me, what do people see in her, she seems so random, nothing special.
Oh well, who am I to judge. Melanie Jonas be gone!

Alana
Member Avatar

I can't believe I am saying this, but I have to admit that Melanie really matured during the last couple of months. Once she got out of "Grandma" Meggie's orbit she managed to act like a 17 year-old instead of a 3year-old...lol...I almost like her in the niche the writers found for her...she was doing really good in the Abigail/Austin obsession sl! I still am glad to hear that the Jonas/Horton/Kiriakis eggbaby insta family crap seems to be a thing of the past...let's just hope that there will be no Jonas' ornaments on the next Horton Christmas tree!!

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

That's a nice interview, she's a nice girl.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Thomson
Mar 28 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:

In order to keep characters that you’ve brought on and that you like, that the fans like, you gotta kinda put them in one of those families.

This is just bullshit.
Um no Molly, you don't ... gotta .... like ... put them into established families just for the hell of it. Especially when it was as contrived and absurd as your egg-baby daddy story. Besides, TIIC only linked Daniel and Melanie to Maggie in yet another desperate attempt to make the audience care about them. It didn't work. The characters suck and are useless.

annie21

Quote:

Eric Martsolf and I, one of our first scenes was on the pier and I was talking about how my dad was murdered and he was talking about how his dad left him. Our director comes out and says, “Now, you’re talking about dark things, but…you know, you want to bone each other still!” Eric and I look at each other and are like, “I’m sorry about your dad…do you wanna go do it?!”

For those of us who were surmising that the directors carry their share of the blame for what we see onscreen... this quote (crude language and all) is illuminating.

Sariah
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Mar 28 2012, 04:44 PM
Thomson
Mar 28 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:

This is just bullshit.
Um no Molly, you don't ... gotta .... like ... put them into established families just for the hell of it. Especially when it was as contrived and absurd as your egg-baby daddy story. Besides, TIIC only linked Daniel and Melanie to Maggie in yet another desperate attempt to make the audience care about them. It didn't work. The characters suck and are useless.
Chloe Lane was never put into one of those families. And she's had extremely successful pairings and a strong following. People may knock Nadia's acting skills, but you can't deny that she has a big following.

Nicole Walker has her detractors, but she was never genetically inserted into a core family and manages to have good pairings and people love her and her portrayer.

Melanie Layton/Kiriakis/Jonas? Not so much. They could rewrite her history to make her genetically related to the Bradys, Blacks, Devereauxs, Kiriakises and Dimeras, and I would still rabidly hate her.

Schumi_F1

Boring, zero sex appeal, hated, that's all i can say about MB/Melanie. And yes, they can make her related to all these core families and it won't change anything.
The only time MB was tolerable for me when she was paired with Nathan.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Melame is an useless character. She needs to go NOW!!!! No matter how many times this character is thrown into one of the big families it makes me loathe the character more and the writers for wasting the viewers time with this useless character.
Edited by Mirage75, Mar 29 2012, 07:46 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

After reading the piece, I kind of got the feeling that it was a lot of toeing the company line stuff. I really have to wonder how happy she is there now-- why do I get the feeling she's not.....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I dont think she said a lot because she knows she won't be around much longer. I will be shocked if she renews her contract when it is up this summer.

Kansa
Member Avatar

Molly Burnett seems nice enough, but I can't stand Melanie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Decent intereview. LOL at her inner-Chill fan coming out.

I would like Melanie to wise up a little bit with Gabi. Melanie used to be the Gabi in past situations, so she should totally be able to sense what Gabi's doing, especially when Gabi comes off as quite the amateur in being the "bad girl."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply