Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor: Victoria Principal joining "Dallas"?
Topic Started: Mar 28 2012, 06:15 PM (1,466 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Posted Image

Actress Victoria Principal could be set to make a shock return to legendary drama series Dallas after stars Patrick Duffy and Jesse Metcalfe let slip producers want her in the show's upcoming reboot.

The actress' character Pamela Ewing was written out of the sex-and-scandal series in 1987 when viewers were told she had only months to live after fleeing the Texan dynasty. But the storyline was left open-ended, and it's now emerged Principal - who is the only surviving member of the show's original cast not signed up for the relaunch later this year - could be brought back to Dallas in an explosive plot.

Duffy, who played her onscreen husband Bobby Ewing, and Metcalfe, who stars in the reboot as the couple's adopted son Christopher, have both hinted the show's producers would be happy to bring Pamela Ewing back if Principal agrees. In an appearance on morning show Lorraine on Wednesday, Duffy said, "Our producer has said that any actor who's still alive (and) who was on the show, the option is that that character could come back."And Metcalfe tells talk show Loose Women, "She hasn't (come back) - she hasn't as yet. But I think for the producers of the show, it's an open invitation."

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/principal-frame-shock-dallas-return-181211742.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

I have always envisioned a "Dallas Return" where Pamela comes home!!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I thought Principal has made it clear that she doesn't want to return. I remember listening to a podcast and she has very fond memories of Dallas but doesn't want to ruin them with a reboot that doesn't live up to the Dallas glory years.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I bet Principal waits to see how the reboot does before coming on board, sort of like Heather Locklear did with Melrose Place. If the show proves to be somewhat of a success, I totally see Principal coming on as Pamela. It's a paycheck!

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 29 2012, 01:10 AM
I bet Principal waits to see how the reboot does before coming on board, sort of like Heather Locklear did with Melrose Place. If the show proves to be somewhat of a success, I totally see Principal coming on as Pamela. It's a paycheck!
I agree with DrewHamilton - I bet VP is waiting to see what this is all about. I can totally see Pamela Barnes Ewing walking into Southfork as the cliffhanger for the season ender!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

DrewHamilton
Mar 29 2012, 01:10 AM
Agreed. I think Principal will wait to see how good the quality is of the new series before signing on (from interviews, she's always seemed to care about the quality of the show). I kind of hope she's already been filming though... I'd love to have Pam finally come back and be some sort of opponent for J.R. However, I don't want her to be romantically involved whatsoever with Bobby unless there's real buildup there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply