Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Will tells Marlena he's gay; 4/10 issue
Topic Started: Mar 29 2012, 11:35 AM (3,888 Views)
Ellie

Summary of both articles:

- Marlena hears EJ issuing a strict order to Will. She defends Will, and then "Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will's situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself." Will is then alone with Marlena and asks her how he's supposed to get comfortable in his own skin when everyone is bothering him. Then he tells her he's gay.

- Deidre Hall says, "What I wanted to do as Marlena, and as the actress, was just to hold the space... I wanted the room to be a safe place, respectful and dignified, where Will could be and say whatever he had to get out of his body."

- Hall praises Marlene and Darrell for writing Marlena and Will's relationship so that it goes beyond the issue of his sexuality and includes comfortable moments between them, like playing Scrabble or Will just acting like a teen.

- After Will makes this admission to Marlena, he's not sure whom to tell next. Should he tell his friends or his parents? Hall says that "Marlena does not encourage Will to do anything else besides sit with the feelings and know that he's healthy, fine and perfectly wonderful as he is."

- Hall says that the story between Marlena and Will continues after these scenes. She says Will's story centered around the fact that you just wanted him to be okay, but the two then continue to have "fascinating" scenes and that their relationship deepens. "The next three months are the most spectacular that I've seen in ages. Life goes on after Will's revelation."

- Hall also praises Chandler Massey. She says that his "ability to express such profound turmoil takes my breath away".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Ellie
Mar 29 2012, 11:35 AM
Summary of both articles:

- Marlena hears EJ issuing a strict order to Will. She defends Will, and then "Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will's situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself." Will is then alone with Marlena and asks her how he's supposed to get comfortable in his own skin when everyone is bothering him. Then he tells her he's gay.

- Deidre Hall says, "What I wanted to do as Marlena, and as the actress, was just to hold the space... I wanted the room to be a safe place, respectful and dignified, where Will could be and say whatever he had to get out of his body."

- Hall praises Marlene and Darrell for writing Marlena and Will's relationship so that it goes beyond the issue of his sexuality and includes comfortable moments between them, like playing Scrabble or Will just acting like a teen.

- After Will makes this admission to Marlena, he's not sure whom to tell next. Should he tell his friends or his parents? Hall says that "Marlena does not encourage Will to do anything else besides sit with the feelings and know that he's healthy, fine and perfectly wonderful as he is."

- Hall says that the story between Marlena and Will continues after these scenes. She says Will's story centered around the fact that you just wanted him to be okay, but the two then continue to have "fascinating" scenes and that their relationship deepens. "The next three months are the most spectacular that I've seen in ages. Life goes on after Will's revelation."

- Hall also praises Chandler Massey. She says that his "ability to express such profound turmoil takes my breath away".

Thanks Ellie!

This sounds so emotional! Looking forward to this! :)

I agree with Deidre. This is the best storyline being written right now.
Edited by peaches179, Mar 29 2012, 11:43 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

As long as he is actually finally coming OUT, this sounds spectacular. Although I expect nothing else from either of them.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I wonder how many times Will is going to come out to Marlena? This is the third time already, right?

Quote:

"Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will's situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself."

So EJ genuinely cares about Will?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 29 2012, 11:42 AM
I wonder how many times Will is going to come out to Marlena? This is the third time already, right?

Quote:

"Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will's situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself."

So EJ genuinely cares about Will?
Wonder if they discuss Will's sexual orientation?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Seeing how much praise DH has been giving Chandler throughout this story makes me like her that much more. I think CM has been blessed in having her to share these scenes with. Looking forward to see it play out over the next few months.

Ellie

I was also wondering about EJ. The article doesn't say. Certainly doesn't match up to what we've seen so far.

CynthiaHaskins1

I am so looking forward to will finally coming out and admitted that he is gay to marlena.i think that will so lucky to have a marlena in his corner and she will not judge him.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Mar 29 2012, 12:06 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 29 2012, 11:48 AM
Seeing how much praise DH has been giving Chandler throughout this story makes me like her that much more. I think CM has been blessed in having her to share these scenes with. Looking forward to see it play out over the next few months.
Deidre's very easy like that. If she likes someone, she'll sing it. If she doesn't, she won't badmouth, you just don't hear her say anything publically.

I'm in love with Marlena and Will, and I'm just excited for Will to come out and to move on from there. To see him fall in love for the first time, have his first real, tender moment with someone he likes. I hope they continue to show Marlena telling Will that being gay changes very, very little about how his life will be. He'll still get married and have kids, it'll just be slightly different than what he imagined. Hopefully this show'll help some parents who are struggling with their child's sexuality to realize that their son or daughter is still the same, their perception of them just has to change.

Now I imagine that coming out is pretty much the most powerful moment in a gay teen's life, and I'm glad Will's moment is with Marlena.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This sounds pretty damn good. What a stroke of genius on MarDar's part making Marlena such a huge part of Will's life in this coming out story. Could you imagine what we would have gotten from Higley's original story? Thank God for MarDar!

I'm intrigued about Marlena and EJ's scenes regarding Will. Is EJ going to finally reveal he knows Will is gay, as it was assumed months ago?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Only story on DOOL I like at the moment.

cyndabell

How long will his confession last this time? Until Gabi discovers a new way to make her "goodies" SUPER-APPEALING to him? She may wind up doing just that since Sonny appears nowhere near showing Will his "goodies."

CynthiaHaskins1

This has to be the only storyline on days of our lives that is well written.it is so great how the writers took it time with will coming out admitted that he is gay.another thing i am rooting for the will and sonny pairing and for them to be together.
Edited by CynthiaHaskins1, Mar 29 2012, 01:20 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I like this storyline and I like the Will and Marlena scenes, but they are getting repetitive now. I am glad that it sounds like he is finally going to openly admit it to her and the story is going to the next phase.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

The Marlena/Will relationship is one of the things the writers did get right since the reset. I will give them that. I've really enjoyed the scenes between Deidre/Chandler. Repetitive at times but their chemistry and ease with each other makes their conversations enjoyable for me. This must be Will's definitive "I'm gay" statement. In the past it's been he "thinks" he's gay or "maybe" he's gay. I'm looking forward to seeing their relationship post-reveal.

I also find it interesting that about half of Salem has realized, or knows that Will is gay and yet his mother remains clueless. We have Marlena, Sonny, Gabi, Kate, EJ and although I didn't watch the scenes in the cafe Lucas might be suspecting it and of course Ms Samantha is too wrapped up in herself to notice what's going on with her son...even after he told her he was spiral downwards and didn't know what to do. And the mother of the year award goes to.....

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I like Will and Marlena, but I would love for them to have different conversations. I also wish we could get more EJ/Will scenes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Coming out isn't an easy thing to do. I like that Will keeps trying and then gets nervous and makes excuses to leave. Also, I like that Marlena is slowly helping him accept that he is gay. This storyline is giving Deidre Hall some of her best material and a very long time.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is by far the best of the 5 SOD articles..the other 4 were painful to read.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

bstreis
Mar 29 2012, 01:24 PM
I also find it interesting that about half of Salem has realized, or knows that Will is gay and yet his mother remains clueless. We have Marlena, Sonny, Gabi, Kate, EJ and although I didn't watch the scenes in the cafe Lucas might be suspecting it and of course Ms Samantha is too wrapped up in herself to notice what's going on with her son...even after he told her he was spiral downwards and didn't know what to do. And the mother of the year award goes to.....
Not only does it fit with Sami's character, but can you imagine the shitstorm if Sami was more involved? People would be fuming that she's eating another storyline.

I wonder what is making this story so different. Is it the only one they care about? The only one that needs attention to try and prevent various interest groups from getting upset? Or, is it that it involves relatively few characters? Or is it just somewhat fresh compared to the rest?

Whatever the case, they need to figure it out and replicate it with their other stuff.

peaches179

px780
Mar 29 2012, 02:27 PM
I wonder what is making this story so different. Is it the only one they care about? The only one that needs attention to try and prevent various interest groups from getting upset? Or, is it that it involves relatively few characters? Or is it just somewhat fresh compared to the rest?

Whatever the case, they need to figure it out and replicate it with their other stuff.

ICAM!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply