Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Will tells Marlena he's gay; 4/10 issue
Topic Started: Mar 29 2012, 11:35 AM (3,865 Views)
Aldo
Member Avatar

Finally :tears:

I am beyond happy with this.

Will finally accepts himself and "officially" comes out. No more "I might be". No more "I think I am". He will finally utter these three short and life changing words: "I am gay".

I'm proud of you William. You finally got there despite the hardships, fears and struggles.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I think the show struck gold with the relationship that has developed between Chandler and Deidre. They clearly like and admire one another. That adds a dimension to the acting in this storyline. The very real feelings between the actors translates into this sensitive and loving dynamic that Will and Marlena share.

Thus far I have enjoyed all of the Will/Marlena scenes. Curiously I am looking forward to scenes which might not be quite so loving or sensitive, as that will add a touch of reality for which, I would imagine, many gay people can relate. I would suspect that we will not see the very ugly side of a coming out story that some have experienced. That close to reality, I don't wish to see. It is sad and so unnecessary. Love should never come with conditions. If you love someone, you love them period.

Thanks Ellie

cyndabell

tomsawyer
Mar 29 2012, 11:42 AM
I wonder how many times Will is going to come out to Marlena? This is the third time already, right?

Quote:

"Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will's situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself."

So EJ genuinely cares about Will?
He'll go running back into the "closet" one month from next week. :run: Something or someone will send him there. :scared: For all the praise this story is getting, I'm finding it more unpredictable than anything else as it progresses. I certainly never got the impression that EJ might actually care about Will, but it sorta sounds like he does in this article. Surprise, surprise! I recall seeing other spoilers saying that Will is going to feel badgered to emerge from the "closet." :whip: Does Will come out or is he forced out? :boxing:
Edited by cyndabell, Mar 29 2012, 03:30 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

Willena :wub:

I swear, their scenes get better and better every week. Can't wait to see what's coming next!

Aldo
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 29 2012, 01:21 PM
I am glad that it sounds like he is finally going to openly admit it to her and the story is going to the next phase.
Hear Hear!

WGuyMd35

On the Days facebook page, people are saying Will and Sonny are cousins. Can someone explain to me how? Will's parents are Sami Brady & Lucas Roberts Horton. Sonny's are Adrienne Johnson & Justin Kirikias. Where is the relation!?

michr544125

WGuyMd35
Mar 29 2012, 04:41 PM
On the Days facebook page, people are saying Will and Sonny are cousins. Can someone explain to me how? Will's parents are Sami Brady & Lucas Roberts Horton. Sonny's are Adrienne Johnson & Justin Kirikias. Where is the relation!?
Oh god don't say that :laugh: !

I don't think they are related by blood. All of these characters are related in some way or another it seems. Somebody tell us, please LOL.

I am happy that Will is finally going to come out. As it seemed all along, EJ knew Will was gay. Hopefully this story can finally move along. Seems Sami really will be the last person to not figure it out as everybody else has just about figured it out.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I don't think they're related by blood in any way. Perhaps the people are just confused because both Sonny and Will are Abby's cousins. Sonny on this moms side (thru Jack), and Will on his dads (through Lucas). So there's a Horton connection to both but only through Jack's marriage to Jenn.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

WGuyMd35
here
sonny mom is jack sister which jack been married and have kid with jennifer which is lucas sister
or justin sonny father victor is uncle and phillp is victor son which phillp is lucas brother
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyan

Also Kayla and Steve are Wills great aunt and uncle and Sonny's aunt and uncle, but there is no blood relation there either. Their kids are common cousins. In reality Sonny and Will are probably the only possible duo of unrelated guys

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

WGuyMd35
there not blood related, but they do share Abby as a cousin, Lucas is her uncle on her moms side and Adrienne is her aunt on her dads side :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I haven't found the last few weeks of Marlena/Will scenes repetitive at all. I think they were perfect because Will's reluctance to accept himself needed to be played. He's finally saying the words but I feel they needed to show him backtracking a bit even once he finally got the words out. It's difficult coming out so I feel Days has been accurately portraying that.

Having said that, I'm glad we are moving into the next phase and look forward to it. I've loved the writing for this story. I just wish we got more of EJ and Will interacting because I feel they don't play that enough.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Will and Sonny aren't related in any way. Period.

WGuyMd35

Quote:

sonny mom is jack sister which jack been married and have kid with jennifer which is lucas sister
or justin sonny father victor is uncle and phillp is victor son which phillp is lucas brother

I think that gave me a headache! ;o) Only on a soap!

If that's their closest relation, I'm not sure why people are so upset about it! LOL It's better than Will dating his step-father's sister! Or Max and Chelsea. or Max and Stephanie.
Edited by WGuyMd35, Mar 29 2012, 07:09 PM.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

i LOVE it, LOOOVE IT!

Will and Marlena's relationship was slowly well written!one of the best on days now!

Deidre & Chandler like always are goin to work their magic! love them!!! :wub:

Cant wait for my Warlena :cheer:

CynthiaHaskins1

I just wanted to say that i am loving the will and marlena relationship and it is well written and i hope we see more of it.another thing i do wonder about something how is the brady and hortons are going to reacted to will been gay .

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

I'm glad Will isn't wavering & saying "I think" or "I might" but now, he's more affirmative in his words "I AM gay" which has been a long time coming & the ONLY really well told story on Days.

Kansa
Member Avatar

Boring!

Aldo
Member Avatar

SOW: Will admits to Marlena that he's gay

Thanks to the loving guidance and support that Marlena has provided for the last several months, Will finally feels comfortable enough with himself to confirm that he's gay. "Marlena is the one person who Will has always trusted." notes Chandler Massey (Will). “They have an amazing relationship. Growing up, things were always unstable between Will and his parents, but Marlena was always there for him. Even when she was away from Salem, they kept in steady contact through e-mails and phone calls."

Deidre Hall (Marlena) recounts the day that she and Massey taped the pivotal coming-out scenes between Marlena and Will. "What I wanted to do as Marlena, and as an actress, was to hold the space in a safe place. Marlena has always been the person who keeps a safe place for him. In recent weeks, when Will would show up, the surprise for the audience, as well as Marlena was that Will would talk about Sami. Marlena was always prepared to hear something quite different, so she clearly reacted to whatever Will had to say in the moment.”

Now that Will has confided in Marlena. It's as if a tremendous weight has been lifted off his shoulders. “Marlena does not encourage Will to do anything else besides sit with the feelings and know that he is healthy, fine and perfectly wonderful.” discloses Hall. “That is one of the nice things about this story. Will understands that he can trust Marlena and tell her anything.”

Meanwhile, Will’s admission begins a new chapter the young man's life. “Will and Marlena continue to have scenes that are fascinating,” teases Hall. “The relationship deepens and becomes richer by the day. There is so much coming up. It’s the most spectacular three months that I've seen in ages. Life goes on after Will's revelation.”

Aldo
Member Avatar

SOD: Days' Will to Marlena: I am gay

A tense confrontation between EJ and Marlena acts as the catalyst for Wills poignant admission. Marlena comes upon EJ issuing a stem order to Will and steps up to defend him. Marlena and EJ speak privately about Will’s situation and both agree that he needs room to be himself. Alone with Marlena, Will comments that he enjoys the time he spends with her, but he questions how he is supposed to get comfortable in his own skin when everyone is badgering him. In the next breath, Will informs Marlena that he's gay.

"What I wanted to do as Marlena and as the actress was just to hold the space." shares Deidre Hall (Marlena). “I wanted the room to be a safe place, respectful and dignified, where Will could be and say whatever he had to get out of his body.

Hall praises head writers Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas for transcending Marlena and Will’s relationship so that it goes beyond the single issue of Will’s sexuality. Marlena has encouraged Will to understand that he's always been capable of being himself in front of her, whatever it is. So whether they're playing a silly Scrabble game or Will is acting immature. Marlena has always been the person who keeps a safe place for him"

After Will makes his admission, he feels liberated. His mind racing, Will wonders what he should do next: tell his friends - or his parents? “Marlena does not encourage Will to do anything else besides sit with the feelings and know that he's healthy, fine and perfectly wonderful as he is." smiles Hall.

The actress teases that there is still more story to be explored with Marlena and Will’s relationship. "Will’s story was skewed to the point where you just want him to be okay." notes the actress. "Life goes on after the revelation. We continue to have scenes that are fascinating. The relationship deepens and grows and becomes richer by the day. The next three months are the most spectacular that I've seen in ages."

Hall also has high praise for her co-star, Chandler Massey (Will). "Working with Chandler is delicious and spontaneous," enthuses Hall. "It's like working without a net. His ability to express such profound turmoil takes my breath away."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply