Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings for March 19th - 23rd; Awful week for Daytime
Topic Started: Mar 29 2012, 05:06 PM (5,467 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings Report for the Week of March 19-23, 2012

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,065,000 (-272,000/-463,000) <—– new low *
2. B&B 2,949,000 (-167,000/+130,000)
3. DAYS 2,252,000 (-168,000/-109,000)
4. GH 2,247,000 (-1,000/-622,000)

* Previous low: 4,209,000 (October 3-7, 2011)
Households
1. Y&R 3.0/10 (-.2/-.3) <—– new low *
2. B&B 2.2/8 (-.2/+.1)
3. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.1/same)
3. GH 1.7/5 (same/-.4)

* Previous low: 3.1/10 (March 5-9, 2012)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 842,000 (-74,000/-87,000)
2. B&B 663,000 (-32,000/+75,000)
3. GH 536,000 (-30,000/-344,000)
4. DAYS 496,000 (-60,000/-163,000) <—– new low *

* Previous low: 500,000 (January 30 – February 3, 2012)
Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.0/7 (-.1/+.1)
3. GH 0.8/6 (-.1/-.5) <—– ties low
3. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/-.2) <—– ties low

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.6 (same/-.1)
2. DAYS 0.5 (same/same)
3. B&B 0.4 (-.1/-.1)
4. GH 0.3 (-.2/-.4) <—– new low *

* Previous low: 0.4 (February 13-17, 2012)

Men 18+ Viewers
1. Y&R 921,000 (+14,000/-141,000)
2. B&B 591,000 (-39,000/-19,000)
3. DAYS 440,000 (-72,000/-112,000)
4. GH 429,000 (-8,000/-73,000)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-y-awful-week-for-daytime
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

What a rotten week. Surprised GH didn't pass Days.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Idiot Corday! I will be really pissed if DAYS is canceled just because he was too cheap to fire MarDar before their contract is over and there won´t be enough time left to turn things around.

But TPTB gets the numbers before they are published so maybe, just maybe, MarDar´s sudden social recluse means there already was the meeting and they are on their way out.

We can hope.
Edited by jane1978, Mar 29 2012, 05:30 PM.

Thomson
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 1.7/2,208,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,273,000
Wednesday: 1.6/2,303,000
Thursday: 1.6/2,172,000
Friday: 1.7/2,304,000

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Not surprised about Days. The show is one giant clusterfuck. MarDar need to go.
Edited by dc cubs, Mar 29 2012, 08:02 PM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Not surprised about Y & R either. HORRIBLE!! Mr. Bell would have canned his own daughter in law by now! Rather surprised about GH-- I really think it's gotten loads better as of late. Here's hoping for better numbers for them soon.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

OMG, what a bad week for all soaps.....

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&R is a hot mess.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL look at those DAYS #'s....MarDar sure are miracle workers aren't they.

Just ONCE can DAYS please get a competent headwriter while I am STILL fucking alive.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm pretty sure these are not numbers that ANY of the TPTB at any of the soaps will react to (especially since the season to date numbers are the far more inclusive numbers anyway). It was just one of those bad weeks. I saw a number of posts on other boards fearing this week because the weather was so nice across the country so I do think that played a role.

Having said that, all the soaps aside from GH have to get their acts together.

CarlD2

As long as GH continues to focus on Sonny, Jason, and degrading women, nothing will change. If a show's highlight is Kelly Monaco and Michael Easton recycling heavy breathing from ten years ago, then they need more ideas.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PhoenixRising05
Mar 29 2012, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure these are not numbers that ANY of the TPTB at any of the soaps will react to (especially since the season to date numbers are the far more inclusive numbers anyway). It was just one of those bad weeks. I saw a number of posts on other boards fearing this week because the weather was so nice across the country so I do think that played a role.

Having said that, all the soaps, aside from especially GH, have to get their acts together.

Fixed

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Mar 29 2012, 06:56 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 29 2012, 06:13 PM

Having said that, all the soaps, aside from especially GH, have to get their acts together.

Fixed
I was talking in terms of quality.

GH is easily the best soap in terms of quality out there right now but, obviously, the numbers are a different story.

SchaNich
Member Avatar

Even at it's worst Y&R is still the best.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

The ratings are horrible, but not surprised; the show sucks, the characters suck, all the couples are broken up, there's no romance or happiness for anyone. We can blame it on good and bad weather, daylight savings time, vacations, holidays, etc., but until KC gets some writers in there that can do the job, things won't change much. Instead of bringing back more and more vets, spend the money on paying some quality headwriters.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

:omg: :wow: Has DAYS ever had ratings this low before? I wonder where the miracle ratings are that the vets were going to bring back, I think they are going in the opposite direction! Like I keep saying you can’t live in the past! The writers aren't writing they are re-hashing old S/L! Viewers are tired of it and are sending a great message ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

RAFE AND SAMI FOREVER AND ALWAYS! :cheer:

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

SchaNich
Mar 29 2012, 07:17 PM
Even at it's worst Y&R is still the best.
AGREED! Especially now that DAYS SUCKS!

RAFE AND SAMI FOREVER AND ALWAYS! :cheer:

reagon

All soap are just trending downward and spring summer is always lighter.

That said I'm not sure why some think GH is better. Nothing has really changed as the same 3 characters that have killed this show are still the featured players and the cossovers pretty much a flop. I'm a Todd fan and I'm not interested in seeing Todd outside of Llanview

Y&R is just a mess but they are featyuring more business centric story but with a bunch of characters viewers are not invested in

B&B is finally moving on from the triangle from hell let's hope these new characters Lter the focus a bit.

Days to me is just very anemic. It's not good or bad just blah. I'm not sure that's the reaction they want.

CarlD2

I'm not sure what DAYS wants in terms of a viewer reaction. The writing for the couples is so confusing - they want you to root for everyone and at the same time root for no one.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Wow, what a dismal week for soaps! Another thing I notice is that Days and GH's ratings are now lower than what ATWT's were when they got cancelled. I believe that ATWT was pulling a 1.8-1.9 HH rating in the weeks leading up to its cancellation. :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply