Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Killing: Season 2
Topic Started: Apr 1 2012, 09:50 AM (1,142 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Didn't see a thread for this, so thought I would start one.

Starts tonight!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Ok, so there go all my Holder theories. He was used! At least that is until this show manipulates me into believing something else. I suppose I should be concerned how easily misled I am by this show lol.

Nice double episode though.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Who is the teenage age that Mitch keeps seeing? Is it a hallucination of Rosie?

I'm trying to work out why the show needs to keep Richmond in the story. They haven't given us a reason, so its only fair to speculate his innocence is still not 100% to be assumed.

Mitch's sister Terry is surely more than a hooker with a heart of gold - She knows something she isn't telling. She got Rosie involved with Beau Soleil but this is never properly addressed.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I wonder if keeping Richmond on the show is to highlight how corruption spreads out and destroys innocent people. This cover up/set up re: Rosie Larson's murder is full of corruption. Right now my bet is on Stan's hoodlum brother.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

It could be, although we now know Stan's old mob boss clearly had a hand it, so corruption is covered.

It may not be about Richmond himself - it could his advisor, the one with a gay daddy crush on Richmond, jealous of Gwen - that had an accesory role in the murder, perhaps helping the mayor out for whatever reason...

I don't know who the murderer is, and there are too many open questions right now to even hazard a guess (for me at least).

King
Member Avatar

I am totally done with this show. I couldn't even make it through S1, but I still love the cast, and I wanna know who killed her!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

King, I have no idea why you are done with this show but I do know I completely do NOT understand why. It is flawless television.

As for the killer, from episode one I have believed and only believed that Mitch either killed her or was directly involved. Nothing she has done was helped to sway me in the slightest.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Apr 11 2012, 07:15 PM
As for the killer, from episode one I have believed and only believed that Mitch either killed her or was directly involved. Nothing she has done was helped to sway me in the slightest.
What makes you think that?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Apr 13 2012, 10:32 AM
Bright Eyes
Obviously, I could be totally wrong and maybe it's because Michelle Forbes is perfection as a villain, but with Mitch's every move she seems to be haunted by guilt. Just how I interpret all her scenes.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Apr 13 2012, 07:27 PM
Southofsoap
Apr 13 2012, 10:32 AM
Bright Eyes
Obviously, I could be totally wrong and maybe it's because Michelle Forbes is perfection as a villain, but with Mitch's every move she seems to be haunted by guilt. Just how I interpret all her scenes.

I always took that to be guilt and regret for being a shitty parent unable to correct the past, rather than having a hand in her death. But with this show, anything is possible and/or a red herring.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Stupid Question: I wasn't paying attention but Linden (I think it was Linden) phoned somebody and a blonde middle aged woman answered the phone. Then the camera panned to the blonde lady's husband. What was that all about? Who were those people? lol

Layla
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Apr 16 2012, 04:22 PM
Stupid Question: I wasn't paying attention but Linden (I think it was Linden) phoned somebody and a blonde middle aged woman answered the phone. Then the camera panned to the blonde lady's husband. What was that all about? Who were those people? lol
I think I know what scene you're referring to. It was Terry who was calling. I'm assuming the blonde lady and her husband are Jasper (the rich brat who was once a suspect way back in season 2)'s parents. Remember when Holder and Linden was talking to Sterling (Rosie's friend) at the school, and afterwards, there was a boy who was glaring at them? I'm pretty sure the boy was Jasper.

I think she was looking for Jasper, but the lady answered instead - which was why she hung up. Someone mentioned on the show's website that Terry used to have a past with Jasper. IDK, though.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Layla
Apr 21 2012, 11:03 PM
Southofsoap
Apr 16 2012, 04:22 PM
I think I know what scene you're referring to. It was Terry who was calling. I'm assuming the blonde lady and her husband are Jasper (the rich brat who was once a suspect way back in season 2)'s parents. Remember when Holder and Linden was talking to Sterling (Rosie's friend) at the school, and afterwards, there was a boy who was glaring at them? I'm pretty sure the boy was Jasper.

I think she was looking for Jasper, but the lady answered instead - which was why she hung up. Someone mentioned on the show's website that Terry used to have a past with Jasper. IDK, though.
Thanks for this, I think I know who you are talking about. I'll have to go back and refresh my memory. Was he friends with Rosie's rich bf too?

Layla
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Apr 22 2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks for this, I think I know who you are talking about. I'll have to go back and refresh my memory. Was he friends with Rosie's rich bf too?
Wait... what? Who was friends with Rosie's rich boyfriend? Jasper is the rich boyfriend I am talking about, lol!

And actually, forget what I said in my last post re: Terry having a past with Jasper. I think it was Jasper's father who had a past with Terry. There was this one scene *way* back in season 1 where Terry sees Michael (Jasper's father) at Rosie's wake. She approaches him, but then he just walks away.
It was in episode 6. This is what it said on the official recap:
Quote:

Rosie's wake takes place in the Larsen's garage. Stan, in the receiving line with Mitch and Terry, shakes Bennet's hand. Stan's jaw tightens when Michael Ames greets him; Terry's face brightens until Michael eyes her coldly. Terry quickly downs a glass of wine, pours another, and then snarls at Belko, "You do realize you're not part of this family, right?"

Sorry for all the confusion, LOL. You should definitely check out the show's website. It has recaps and character explanations that would help you.

Summary and picture of Jasper's father to help jog your memory: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-killing/cast/michael-ames

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Layla
Apr 22 2012, 01:50 PM
Southofsoap
Apr 22 2012, 12:15 PM
Wait... what? Who was friends with Rosie's rich boyfriend? Jasper is the rich boyfriend I am talking about, lol!

And actually, forget what I said in my last post re: Terry having a past with Jasper. I think it was Jasper's father who had a past with Terry. There was this one scene *way* back in season 1 where Terry sees Michael (Jasper's father) at Rosie's wake. She approaches him, but then he just walks away.
It was in episode 6. This is what it said on the official recap:
Quote:

Rosie's wake takes place in the Larsen's garage. Stan, in the receiving line with Mitch and Terry, shakes Bennet's hand. Stan's jaw tightens when Michael Ames greets him; Terry's face brightens until Michael eyes her coldly. Terry quickly downs a glass of wine, pours another, and then snarls at Belko, "You do realize you're not part of this family, right?"

Sorry for all the confusion, LOL. You should definitely check out the show's website. It has recaps and character explanations that would help you.

Summary and picture of Jasper's father to help jog your memory: http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-killing/cast/michael-ames
Ah ok, I know who is who now. I totally forgot about the school basement sex thing. Not sure how that happened lol. Ok, I think I'm in the loop. Thanks for that :)
Edited by Southofsoap, Apr 22 2012, 04:06 PM.

Thomson
Member Avatar

Episode 6 ''Openings'' Promo:

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I really hope Linden and Holder are playing stupid to Alexi in the hopes that he feeds them something useful. Else just grrr

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Mitch is an idiot. She wrote a letter to her daughter's father and never sent it - fine. But destroy it or put it somewhere safe - not in a box of childhood memories for your daughter to find. Seriously!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

This show is dragggging and I think we were closer to solving the murder last season than now zzzz

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Ok, its getting better again lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply