Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Weekly Character Discussion: Melanie
Topic Started: Apr 3 2012, 06:26 PM (2,668 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Every week we'll have a new thread for a different character; this week's is Melanie. The purpose of this thread is to give both positive and negative feedback about the writing, characterization, and portrayal of the character. As always, the daily thread is the place to discuss specific episodes and scenes; this thread is for any and all thoughts on the character, the character's history, family relationships, and what you'd like to see for him/her. Feel fee to post pictures and clips if you'd like.

We'll be locking these at the end of each week and giving another character a turn.

This is not a place for fanbase fighting; please know before posting that there will be people in here who disagree with you, and if you have a different opinion that one stated, please just state your own respectfully. The point of this thread is to get feedback from everyone, good or bad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

a moment of intrigue
years of bile
slow fade to indifference
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

She has no character..LOL...Ok, so truthfully, she hasn't annoyed me because she's playing the right role- the BFF. If she has to have a romance with someone, Chad's the guy....but they can both go out for pizza and never return...NO ONE will notice them gone. (Sorry Mags.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

drtimcurry
Member Avatar

I used to despise her---How every character who encountered her was transfixed and thought she was amazing. I don't mind her as much now that they have her interacting with the correct age group. but really, I still don't care about her. Meh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Actually I haven't hated Mel as much as I hated her about 3 months ago....must be the fact that I don't see her that often...it works...
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I don't care! :drunk:
Online Profile Goto Top

CarlD2

Of all her stories I probably liked the setup with Maggie and Mia the most, and perhaps the start of her relationship with Nathan.

Having Mia go after Chad would make more sense than Gabi doing it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

For me, the character of Melanie was shoved down my throat-- she was shown all the time! That's where the not liking her started for me. I think that if storylines would have been balanced, she may have been a character that I liked. She's been shown way too much so even now, when she's no on as much, I'm still tired of this character. She could leave and I would be OK with this departure.
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 3 2012, 06:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

shes not worth discussin....

hate her. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

alex
Apr 3 2012, 06:40 PM

Me either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 3 2012, 06:35 PM
Actually I haven't hated Mel as much as I hated her about 3 months ago....must be the fact that I don't see her that often...it works...
I feel the same, I can actually potentially enjoy her now. Also I was watching some 2008/09 clips and I think I like witchy/brat Melanie the best.
Online Profile Goto Top

channyfan
Member Avatar

I absulutly despise Mela-me I think she is the most annoying character in all daytime, I hate her baby voice
I hate the fact that she always act like she's mentally-incapacitated, I hate how she has creepy chemistry with the guy who plays her dad, I hate the fact that is a conniving bitch that went after her best friend's boyfriend, I hate that to make her somewhat a good choice Abby's character was trashed and made to look like a fool, I hate that Gabi is even insecure of that troll, I hate that she looks so dumb whenever she does anything, I hate that she got absolved of stabbing her BFF in the back, I hate that she makes me hate a scene with Chad in it, I hate that everybody in town seems to think that she is even worth the air she's breathing
And personally I think MB is absultly the worst actress I have ever seen in daytime
Edited by channyfan, Apr 3 2012, 07:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

A red headed twit............................................
Offline Profile Goto Top

luvmysoaps

peaches179
Apr 3 2012, 06:52 PM
alex
Apr 3 2012, 06:40 PM

Me either.
same here. I don't see her use or need on the show :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

Poker Face
Apr 3 2012, 06:51 PM
shes not worth discussin....

hate her. :flipoff:
Your not alone..... :flipoff: :moon: :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

I don't care about her. I wish she'd go away, but she just keeps being there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

The most useless, annoying pitiful, stupid character on the show. Nothing about this thing is interesting. She needs to go away NOW!!!!!! I'm so sick of her face being everywhere. What the hell does TIIC see in this useless character?!!!! I don't get it. I want out of Salem for good!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Apr 3 2012, 06:31 PM
a moment of intrigue
years of bile
slow fade to indifference
That pretty much describes it for me. I don't think I could ever like Melanie just because of the depths of my hatred from 2008-2011. But I can admit I no longer hate her with the heat of a thousand suns, but indifference is about as far as it goes.

That said, I do think the show has done a good job of stepping back from making Melanie the center of everything that Sami was not the center of, putting her on the backburner a bit, and then keeping her in storylines with characters her own age. For people who don't have the stored up hatred and resentment, I'm sure that has done a lot to make her far more tolerable. I think the Chad/Melanie pairing could be a good one if the show put any depth into anything, but they haven't yet. It's still generic and blah.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Why did you have to pick her? My soap week was going just fine until now.

I don't think she can shake her 'Red Head Bitch' persona, even if she changes her hair colour.

Nothing personal for MB, just not into Mel
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Apr 3 2012, 08:49 PM
Why did you have to pick her? My soap week was going just fine until now.
Well, that's the good news. I try to pick someone who doesn't already have a lot going on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic