Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Updated: Marlene/Darrell out, Tomlin/Whitesell in as writers!; Lorraine Broderick is breakdown writer
Topic Started: Apr 4 2012, 12:21 PM (68,352 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

It's Official: DAYS Names New Writing Team

By SOD Posted: Apr 6, 2012

Yes, DAYS has new head writers for the second time in a year, the show confirms exclusively to Soap Opera Digest. New Co-Head Writers Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell will be joined by another Emmy-winning writer, Lorraine Broderick who most recently wrapped up things in AMC's Pine Valley as a breakdown writer. "We are excited and look forward to the stories of romance, suspense and intrigue this new dream team plans to tell," enthuses Co-Executive Producer Greg Meng.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/breaking-news-days-gets-new-head-writing-team

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) Exclusive! Soap Opera Network has learned that Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. were fired and replaced by Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell.

SOD CONFIRMS:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-writers-out

DAYS Writers Out

By SOD Posted: Apr 4, 2012

As reported in the 4/16 issue Digest which will hit stands on Friday DAYS head writers Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas Jr., who joined the show last May, have been replaced by former DAYS Co-Executive Producer and one-time Co-Head Writer Gary Tomlin and former DAYS Co-Head writer Christopher Whitesell. McPherson just tweeted the following: "Thank you DOOL fans. U r the best and we love you! NBC never let us tell our stories. They kept stopping us and changing our direction. Sad."

https://twitter.com/#!/MarleneMcP/status/187619928537440256

Marlene McPherson ‏ @MarleneMcP
Thank you DOOL fans. U r the best and we love you! NBC never let us tell our stories. They kept stopping us and changing our direction. Sad

Edited by Ellie, Apr 6 2012, 09:30 AM.
Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

What is this an April Fools trick? :frustration:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Please, please, please, please, please tell me this is not true.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Welp, hope everyone enjoyed seeing John and Marlena for the last six of months. I bet they're the first ones shipped out. :)
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 4 2012, 12:24 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

So Tomlin & Whitesell are back? Not that I'll miss MarDar but how is this an improvement?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I just saw this through twitter. I really hope its not true. I hate the thought of Tomlin being back. :frustration:
Quote Post Goto Top

NyCsBaDdEsT
Member Avatar
Sami who?

Holy shit. Is this for real?

specialcases
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 4 2012, 12:24 PM
Welp, hope everyone enjoyed seeing John and Marlena for the last six of months. I bet they're the first ones shipped out. :)
please don't say that! I'm not good at remembering who was good at what, but wasn't Whitesell one of the good ones who wanted to write for Marlena?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
LoL. I don't know about the first, but I imagine you're thinking in the right direction. Oh well, I've been b-o-r-e-d anyway.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

This has got to be the dumbest move Corday has ever made.

And he's made A LOT of dumb moves.

It's like divorcing your spouse, waiting a couple of years & remarrying them because you think it will be better this time around.

THEY'RE THE SAME DAMN PEOPLE!! :soapbox:

eta: they've got me so frustrated, I used incorrect grammar.

I draw the line there Corday!
Edited by SoapGal1, Apr 4 2012, 12:28 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joshua
Member Avatar

Gary Tomlin!? Really? Well he was a terrible producer, I guess Corday feels that's good enough reason to hire him as head writer. Moron.

spartan
Member Avatar

Seriously?

MarDar being fired.....so not a surprise. The signs have been there.

But Whitesell and Tomlin as replacements? Say what?!?!?!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

specialcases
Apr 4 2012, 12:27 PM
DrewHamilton
please don't say that! I'm not good at remembering who was good at what, but wasn't Whitesell one of the good ones who wanted to write for Marlena?
Whitesell didn't really start helping with the show until late-Fall 2008. Three months later, John and Marlena were gone. And nothing Whitesell wrote for them was good for either character. Charlotte Taylor anyone?

Vicky4Mimi

ALL I care about is how it effects LUMI....

esp13
Member Avatar

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Didn't those people just get fired like less than a year ago? Now they're back again? If it all weren't so sad, it would be friggin' hilarious.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Is it that hard for this show to hire "REAL" writers? :shame:

Days is so doomed.
Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm literally sick to my stomach right now.

Why?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Can't say that I'm surprised MarDar are out (all things considered). The clues where there, but I'm not too sure how I feel about Tomlin/Whitesell (TomSell? WhiteLin?). Sounds to me more like less of a step up and more of a step sideways or, at best, a step adjacent.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

This is a joke right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply