Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Peter Reckell Returns; 4/21 Issue
Topic Started: Apr 4 2012, 11:19 PM (4,190 Views)
lysie

After a month-long break, Peter Reckell finally gets some airtime when Bo comes out of his coma, and Hope and John return to Salem.

When Bo first disappeared from the screen in early March, fans expressed their concern on the internet about Reckell’s sudden departure. “That’s a good thing,” the actor smiles. “I cherish the fact that the fans are so dedicated. They’re passionate about DAYS and invested in it. I think it’s why so many people are coming back. They were invested in the 1980s, when they were in college or whatever, and then they graduated and went off to start their careers. Now, with some of the crazy things going on in the world, we need some kind of comfort food, and people are coming back to DAYS because it’s familiar to them.”

The actor explains that his Salem absence was planned. Last year, he went to the producers and arranged for the time off. “I extended my Christmas vacation a little bit,” he explains. “Originally, I was taking the time off to do a movie that I’ve been working on for the last couple of years. We were going to do it in South Africa. It’s really an interesting movie. But it got postponed...The writer/producer/director is a friend of mine. She’s had some terrible things happen in her life. Her sister had cancer, but she’s in remission now, so hopefully, I’ll be able to talk about the film a couple of months down the road and share all the good news about what I’ll be doing.

Meanwhile, the actor praises DAYS’s scribes for giving him a thrilling exit. “It was very clever of the writers,” he notes. “The show wanted John and Hope in Alamainia to do their thing. Instead of Bo staying behind and twiddling his thumbs, they put him in a coma."

Reckell did have one episode in which his character did nothing but lie unconscious in a hospital bed with Billie hovering over him. “I haven’t had many days like that in my years on the show, so it was nice to come in and take a nap,” cracks the actor. “Some of the makeup I had to wear was brutal to take off, but I enjoyed not having to spend hours beforehand studying lines.”

With Bo waking up, Reckell teases, “It works into the drama that follows.” Plus, “You’ll see more of the special connection that Bo and Hope have always had,” he adds.

Source: FL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

That Botox bitch Billie better stay away from Bo...

CynthiaHaskins1

Finally this is what i been waiting for peter reckell return to the show and for hope to be back in salem.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

People are coming back to Days?

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 4 2012, 11:19 PM
“You’ll see more of the special connection that Bo and Hope have always had,” he adds.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'll enjoy the Bo & Hope lovin' while it lasts before the return of the Cheerio commercial brigade under Tomlin.

About freakin' time Bo woke up. Always suffer Bo withdrawals when he's not on screen.
Edited by MarvinPepper, Apr 4 2012, 11:24 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks for typing this up, Lysie! Looking forward to what happens next in the story!

ProphecyGirl

Love ya, Pete, but this show is nothing like it was in the 1980s. Ah, the glory days.

mellymet

So looking forward to seeing the special Bo and Hope connection again. Heck, I'm just happy Hope and John are back in Salem and Bo is back on screen! Bring it on! :cheer: :wub:

maverick
Member Avatar

Wonder what the movie was that he was planning to do. I know he expressed excitement about a project in December that was to happen in the early new year, this must have been it. It's good to hear that this was planned and not some quick attempt to sideline him b/c he is closing in on his episode limits. Glad to have Bo back. Although I dread that in 3 months time we may be back to robot/nonspeaking Bo of late 2008-2011. Tomlin's version.

In light of the recent news, my GHF approach is non existent today.. LOL

londoncalling

It will be so nice to see it again. I can't wait. Welcome back Bo until Tomlin rewrites the character back to being the loser he became in 2010.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Promises! Promises! I hope BO is right on the BOPE stuff. It is the first SOD that I like in a long while.

tylerbo20

its nice he will be back for a few weeks then back on the back burner

Drew
Member Avatar

Poor him.

jane1978

lysie
Meanwhile, the actor praises DAYS’s scribes for giving him a thrilling exit. “It was very clever of the writers,” he notes. “The show wanted John and Hope in Alamainia to do their thing. Instead of Bo staying behind and twiddling his thumbs, they put him in a coma.
Clever? Bo was beaten up in a middle of the episode after suddenly appearing on a case we heard only once before (and nobody mentioned ever since).

luvmysoaps

Bo is back! I love me some Bo/PR. I can hardly wait to see the Bo and Hope love again

Thomson
Member Avatar

lysie
They’re passionate about DAYS and invested in it. I think it’s why so many people are coming back. They were invested in the 1980s, when they were in college or whatever, and then they graduated and went off to start their careers. Now, with some of the crazy things going on in the world, we need some kind of comfort food, and people are coming back to DAYS because it’s familiar to them.”
You're so wrong Peter. People aren't coming back, they're tuning out because the show is garbage.
Edited by Thomson, Apr 5 2012, 05:50 AM.

elizhope
Member Avatar

:wub: Bo and Hope's "special connection" :wub:

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie
After a month-long break, Peter Reckell finally gets some airtime when Bo comes out of his coma, and Hope and John return to Salem.

When Bo first disappeared from the screen in early March, fans expressed their concern on the internet about Reckell’s sudden departure. “That’s a good thing,” the actor smiles. “I cherish the fact that the fans are so dedicated. They’re passionate about DAYS and invested in it. I think it’s why so many people are coming back. They were invested in the 1980s, when they were in college or whatever, and then they graduated and went off to start their careers. Now, with some of the crazy things going on in the world, we need some kind of comfort food, and people are coming back to DAYS because it’s familiar to them.”

The actor explains that his Salem absence was planned. Last year, he went to the producers and arranged for the time off. “I extended my Christmas vacation a little bit,” he explains. “Originally, I was taking the time off to do a movie that I’ve been working on for the last couple of years. We were going to do it in South Africa. It’s really an interesting movie. But it got postponed...The writer/producer/director is a friend of mine. She’s had some terrible things happen in her life. Her sister had cancer, but she’s in remission now, so hopefully, I’ll be able to talk about the film a couple of months down the road and share all the good news about what I’ll be doing.

Meanwhile, the actor praises DAYS’s scribes for giving him a thrilling exit. “It was very clever of the writers,” he notes. “The show wanted John and Hope in Alamainia to do their thing. Instead of Bo staying behind and twiddling his thumbs, they put him in a coma."

Reckell did have one episode in which his character did nothing but lie unconscious in a hospital bed with Billie hovering over him. “I haven’t had many days like that in my years on the show, so it was nice to come in and take a nap,” cracks the actor. “Some of the makeup I had to wear was brutal to take off, but I enjoyed not having to spend hours beforehand studying lines.”

With Bo waking up, Reckell teases, “It works into the drama that follows.” Plus, “You’ll see more of the special connection that Bo and Hope have always had,” he adds.

Source: FL
Will Bo & Hope get their telepathy back???

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

WELCOME BACK BO BRADY,U WERE GREATLY MISSED. :wub:

AND ROMAN DID A POOR JOB ON "REPLACIN U",U ARE THE REAL BRADY TO ME!!!! :cheer:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

jane1978
Apr 5 2012, 04:31 AM
lysie
Meanwhile, the actor praises DAYS’s scribes for giving him a thrilling exit. “It was very clever of the writers,” he notes. “The show wanted John and Hope in Alamainia to do their thing. Instead of Bo staying behind and twiddling his thumbs, they put him in a coma.
Clever? Bo was beaten up in a middle of the episode after suddenly appearing on a case we heard only once before (and nobody mentioned ever since).
Stefano admitted to John & Hope that he had Bo beat up. The case Bo & Roman were investigating was part of the program Bo & Hope were supposed to be working on with Rafe & Carrie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply