Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings for March 26-30, 2012; Another New Low For DAYS in Women 18-49 Viewers
Topic Started: Apr 6 2012, 06:21 PM (2,027 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) Ratings Report for the Week of March 26-30, 2012

NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,124,000 (+59,000/-618,000)
2. B&B 2,985,000 (+36,000/+76,000)
3. DAYS 2,299,000 (+47,000/+11,000)
4. GH 2,255,000 (+8,000/-465,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.1/10 (+.1/-.3)
2. B&B 2.2/8 (same/+.1)
3. DAYS 1.7/6 (same/same)
3. GH 1.7/5 (same/-.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 865,000 (+23,000/-101,000)
2. B&B 698,000 (+35,000/+89,000)
3. GH 570,000 (+34,000/-243,000)
4. DAYS 490,000 (-6,000/-114,000) new low *

* Previous low: 496,000 (March 19-23,2012)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4/9 (+.1/-.1)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.2)
3. GH 0.9/6 (+.1/-.3)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.1) ties low (2nd straight week)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.6 (same/-.2)
2. DAYS 0.5 (same/same)
2. B&B 0.5 (+.1/same)
4. GH 0.4 (+.1/-.4)

For the rest of the ratings go to:
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/ratings-another-new-low-for-days-in-women-18-49-viewers-2
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,332,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,354,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,317,000
Thursday: 1.6/2,215,000
Friday: 1.7/2,280,000

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Seems like Days increase came from the men & 50+ crowd. But the continued stagnancy in the 18-34 Demo and tying the low in the 18-49, definitely explains MarDar's demise.
Edited by badaddiction, Apr 6 2012, 06:36 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Apr 6 2012, 06:32 PM
Seems like Days increase came from the men & 50+ crowd. Stagnant in the 18-34 Demo and a new low in the 18-49, definitely explains MarDar's demise.
Yes, anyone who is questioning why MarDar are fired just has to look at the numbers. The 18-49 is the key demo and Days numbers have been eroding there since MarDar arrived.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 6 2012, 06:36 PM
badaddiction
Apr 6 2012, 06:32 PM
Seems like Days increase came from the men & 50+ crowd. Stagnant in the 18-34 Demo and a new low in the 18-49, definitely explains MarDar's demise.
Yes, anyone who is questioning why MarDar are fired just has to look at the numbers. The 18-49 is the key demo and Days numbers have been eroding there since MarDar arrived.
Exactly. Despite my liking the EJ/Sami, EJ/Nicole, and heck even the Daniel/Billy interaction, it's not enough to make me actually watch the show on a daily basis. Even though I record the show, I rarely actually watch it. Occasionally, I'll FF'd to certain scenes, but 9 times out of 10 reading the recaps suffices.

reagon

Looks like everyone got a tiny boost last week.

Time to stick a fork in GH. The show is still dark, dreary, and humorless. The OLTL additions have not helped at all.

B&B to me is the most underrated. And I hate to say it, I actually like the pill addiction story for Hope. That to me is the best storyline overall on all 4 shows and it's actually topical.

Y&R just, I don't know, some parts I am liking better, I like the BON story, but some parts like the Chelsea stuff eh

Days is just kind of a mess IMO. None of the current stories interest me. I don't care about the 30 something group, the Alamania story, Billie, or Kate and Ian. And Wills story is not on enough.

DaysForever
Member Avatar

reagon
Apr 6 2012, 07:03 PM
Days is just kind of a mess IMO. None of the current stories interest me. I don't care about the 30 something group, the Alamania story, Billie, or Kate and Ian. And Wills story is not on enough.
Hence the writing team change.

ProphecyGirl

Those Days numbers are awful. And deserved. Hate most of the stories under MarDar. Will's story is decent but not enough to make me watch regularly.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Meh, no news here. Still awful ratings and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

No surprise with these ratings. That 18-49 demo is a killer for Days, and I have an idea these ratings are going to get worse before they get better. There is nothing on the show to consistently interest a large group of viewers and what is on is all over the place.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm actually a little surprised. They dropped so much last week, that I figured they'd have go up more this week. Apparently, people were serious about not watching, lol.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

The Alamania stuff has been a disaster for Days. MarDar deserved to get fired just for that and anyone that signed off on it should be out the door with them. I shudder to think what the ratings would be if not for the Will story. I have a feeling the next three months are going to be a nightmare.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
Apr 6 2012, 08:11 PM
The Alamania stuff has been a disaster for Days. MarDar deserved to get fired just for that and anyone that signed off on it should be out the door with them. I shudder to think what the ratings would be if not for the Will story. I have a feeling the next three months are going to be a nightmare.
Playing devil's advocate - Who's to say Will's story isn't part of the problem? The blame is with the storylines in general, not just with the Alamania one, IMO.

ETA: Something isn't resonating with the GA, and it's impossible to say what or which storyline(s) is to blame, IMO.
Edited by badaddiction, Apr 6 2012, 08:28 PM.

jane1978

badaddiction
Apr 6 2012, 08:25 PM
ChampagneRiver
Playing devil's advocate - Who's to say Will's story isn't part of the problem? The blame is with the storylines in general, not just with the Alamania one, IMO.

ETA: Something isn't resonating with the GA, and it's impossible to say what or which storyline(s) is to blame, IMO.
Willīs story isnīt really story in the right sense. Itīs more a slowly told character journey and thatīs fine but itīs not strong enough to attract viewers on itīs own. It canīt amazingly work as the "B" or "C" story of the show but there still needs to be something bigger and twisty and chalenging which makes people think "I have to see what happens tomorrow."

I quess Alamainia was supposed to be that story but IMO itīs embarraring, poorly done and without propper concerns from anyone in Salem we have no idea what we should even care. Itīs basically John/Hopeīs 6 weeks trip into past with no consequences for anyone else.

jane1978

Just a little comment to the ratings. I think the only thing which kept viewerīs attention the last month or so was the Abbyīs obsession story. It was simple to understand even for casual viewers, the motivations (somewhat) worked and it was entertaining to watch. Once that ended, the show fully crashed.

philip&stephanie

On the positive side Days is up a little from last year which might be a first for MarDar.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

jane1978
Apr 7 2012, 06:45 AM
badaddiction
ChampagneRiver

Willīs story isnīt really story in the right sense. Itīs more a slowly told character journey and thatīs fine but itīs not strong enough to attract viewers on itīs own. It canīt amazingly work as the "B" or "C" story of the show but there still needs to be something bigger and twisty and chalenging which makes people think "I have to see what happens tomorrow."

I quess Alamainia was supposed to be that story but IMO itīs embarraring, poorly done and without propper concerns from anyone in Salem we have no idea what we should even care. Itīs basically John/Hopeīs 6 weeks trip into past with no consequences for anyone else.

But I'm sure from the show's POV, his journey is the storyline. Part of the audience may not feel that way, but I'd bet the show doesn't. If he were just hanging around being background material and simply a support character, a la Sonny and/or Marlena, then I'd say it isn't a storyline. But because we see this journey taking place on our screens, I can only conclude that yes, we are meant to see it as a storyline.

And I agree wholeheartedly the show needs a must see TV "A" story, because what we have so far, may it be the 30 somethings, the teens, the Vets, the let's revisit the 80s adventures, nothings is working.

ETA: To be more clear in regards to my original comment, I'll just copy/paste a comment I made on another mb:

Quote:

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one storyline that the GA is interested in. It's not just the Alamania SL; it's the Will, EJ/Nicole/Rafe/Sami/Carrie/Austin, Chad/Melanie/Gabi, etc, etc., etc. storylines too. None of them seem to be resonating with the GA.

I know we (as in fans of specific couples, characters, and/or storylines) tend to blame the other storylines for the show's failure, but it's the storylines in general that's the problem.

Edited by badaddiction, Apr 7 2012, 08:14 AM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

ChampagneRiver
I agree who OK this garbage must have a rubber stamp because they certainly didn't read any of the last 6 months of scripts! There’s not ONE S/L I can sink my teeth into and hold my interest beyond 2 seconds! I’m just hoping it's not to late and viewers haven’t totally given up on DAYS! Because it is one huge mess right now and my question is can it be fixed? Is it July/August yet?
Edited by lovinsafe, Apr 7 2012, 02:08 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL - well I can't say the show doesn't deserve it.

peaches179

jane1978
Apr 7 2012, 06:45 AM
badaddiction
ChampagneRiver

I agree.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply