Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GCB's Mark Deklin Interview with BuzzWorthy Radio
Topic Started: Apr 6 2012, 07:26 PM (334 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/index.php?id=819

Mark Deklin stars as Blake Reilly in the new ABC show, GCB, a show where rich Texas aristocrats use the power of religion to point out the sins in others...in a comedic way. However, not every relationship in Dallas is perfect, and everyone has a secret...including Blake.

While it may look that Blake and Cricket Reilly, played by Miriam Shor, have the perfect marriage...maybe TOO perfect. Deklin spoke about how he like the fact that the audience found out about the character being gay early on in the series:

"I am actually IN LOVE with how they handled it. I love that Blake has been outed to the audience early, and that Cricket knows. To me, the fun of this that makes it unique is that...we never seen this dynamic before. You don't see a lot of closeted characters, and the ones we do see are sort of tortured, self-hating, and in denial of some kind. For me, coming into this, I probably had a bit of prejudice myself. I don't know anyone who is in the closet. It felt very weird to me. When I talked to Bobby (Harding) and Darren (Star), they said, 'Blake isn't tortured. He's comfortable in his own skin and cool with who he is. He has made a particular arragement to function in this type of society.' It was an interesting thing to wrap my head around."

Deklin continues to speak about the Cricket/Blake relationship:

"The cool thing is, like I said, we never seen this dynamic before, and to see a marriage where he's not fooling her or running behind her back; she knows. These two people actually adore each other, which is phenomenal. How does one make that work? We're having a great time exploring what THAT is, and I think the audience is going to enjoy watching that type of marriage and how it works. Blake and Cricket are a great team, and they do adore each other, so it's really fun to watch them do their thing."

Mark gave us some tidbits as to what to expect down the road for his character, as well if we can expect the other characters will learn what Blake really is about:

"I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say what we are going to be exploring for the rest of this season is more on how these two work together than split up. While we are a comedy, this is a soap format. There are going to be reprecussions from Booth down the road, and from some of Cricket's escapades on the side. They're not going to maintain this forever, but that said, we are going to try to maintain this for as long as we can because it is a fun thing to explore."

To download the full podcast with Mark Deklin, where he talked about why he wished he played a gay cowboy before NOW, as well as getting into the acting field, download the .mp3 here: http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/podcasts/markdeklin.mp3

GCB airs Sundays at 10 PM/9c on ABC, with two new back-to-back episodes airing on Sunday, April 8, 2012, starting at 9/8c.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply