Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Exits! / Return Rumors?
Topic Started: Apr 10 2012, 02:52 PM (322,928 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

With Renee Jones leaving, I bet James Reynolds is let go. I don't think he is needed anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

You know...when they talk about epic firings...there is only one name that truly comes to mind right away.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Fuck this show!

People wanna see Rafe and Sami? Spare me! EJAMI and Lumi fanbase are bigger then Safe.

So close to giving up on this show I've been watching since I was.... 6! Sad...

If anyone should get fired its Galen Gering since he can't emote at all, but since Gary Tomlin is back that won't happen. No wonder the show is in the shitter, Keep your friends on, fire fan faves. fucking idiots!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Well I'm glad that Michael wasn't mincing words with Meng. It's so true that NBC knows dick all about saving Days considering the pathetic state of their prime time lineup. More derailments that won't take effect onscreen until August and the chaos that will ensue because of it for a short while probably isn't going to help the situation. I wonder who's going to get the axe? If the DH's are really as beloved as Meng made them out to be when he was on the book tour, it wouldn't make sense to cut them. Lisa Rinna isn't needed at all, IMO. She should be the first to go. Interesting that Meng has indicated that Sarah Brown's storyline isn't exactly taking off like they'd hoped it would. I can't stand Bradison so I hope they at least look at ending that pairing if they're going to keep SB. Galen isn't needed if Bryan is on the show, although I seem to recall hearing that Tomlin isn't a big Bryan fan, so who knows? That girl that plays Gabi can go, etc. Although if they're really looking at cutting costs, I do think Matt and Missy could very well be up for cutting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

How about Rafe, Gabi, Chad, Melanie, Daniel, Madison & Ian to start? They're pointless with no ties to Salem. Well, no REAL ties.
Edited by MojoMissy, Apr 10 2012, 03:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

the only ones that will be shocking firing to be galen gering because tomlin is back and james scott since he feature the most in last 6 years
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 10 2012, 03:06 PM
I bet Matt and Missy will be cut.
It is possible they have like nothing going on right now. I wonder how long it will be before we atart to hear the news of who stays and who goes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

If Deidre leave.... so am I.
Online Profile Goto Top

yourstar

michr544125
Apr 10 2012, 03:07 PM
I think those going are:

Jack
Jennifer
Daniel
Sonny
John
Marlena
Stefano
I think Sonny will be safe. I got the impression that they are still committed to the gay storyline but it will not be anything more than a "B" story.
Online Profile Goto Top

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

I thought his comment on too many couples split up at once and how done was accurate
Offline Profile Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

Meng: I don't know. I think it's a beautiful story and we are committed to it. But probably it's not the story that most women are going to tune in for every day, the one they don't want to miss. I think it's a story everybody likes, but the women want to see romance. Our goal is to get back lapsed viewers our family of viewers who stopped watching altogether or aren't watching us every day.
this is where I am. The coming out story is ok. I do have some problems with it like I don't get Will as a character but Sonny is very endearing. Even as sweet as Sonny can be, it's not enough to get me to tune in to the show. I need something that keeps me tuning in, a romantic sexy couple connecting on different levels. Sonny and Will are nice but they are just too young.
Online Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

I watch this show because of my faves, so if they're out, I'm done too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

yourstar
Apr 10 2012, 03:12 PM
michr544125
Apr 10 2012, 03:07 PM
I think those going are:

Jack
Jennifer
Daniel
Sonny
John
Marlena
Stefano
I think Sonny will be safe. I got the impression that they are still committed to the gay storyline but it will not be anything more than a "B" story.
I'd rather they just get rid of Sonny and Will then to treat them like second class citizens. That is the way I take their feelings about it. Fuck this show. I knew they would cave.
Offline Profile Goto Top

graceadler
Member Avatar

ugh this doesn't sound good. i really hope the DH's aren't let go again.

I do think Matt and Missy might be let go. Maybe Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston? Carrie and Austin will prolly be leaving Salem too.

Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

MojoMissy
Apr 10 2012, 03:10 PM
How about Rafe, Gabi, Chad, Melanie, Daniel, Madison & Ian to start? They're pointless with no ties to Salem. Well, no REAL ties.
Agree with all of these, except I really like Ian Buchanan and would like him to stay.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Thomson
Apr 10 2012, 03:13 PM
I watch this show because of my faves, so if they're out, I'm done too.
Same here.

I tend to watch more regularly now since Bryan is back. I mainly watch for Will's storyline, then Lucas/Sami's, Nicole's and such. This article makes me really nervous.
:scared: :run:
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

This is all just one giant mess. This show has more lives than Stefano DiMera himself.

P.S. Mr Meng, it's not the characters on the show who need shuffled around and replaced, it's the STORYLINES. Firing the vets will get you nowhere with the ratings.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bardgirl

They really need to get rid of James Scott. I am so sick of Days Of Our Scumeras.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

What's sad about this is that the yearly bloodbath of firing actors is actually more entertaining than the actual show itself.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Here are my predictions (when I think of Epic at this stage i think of Sami, and I'd hate it but they can write a story that she's 'presumed dead' and she's really not....and the men in her life start to dream about her or something....lol):

Ali Sweeney
Missy
Matt
James Reynolds
Shawn Christian
Molly Burnett

I wonder if James Scott is also a possibility as another one that gets cut.

I somehow don't think that they'd get rid of Dee and Drake again....but Matt and Missy..I do think are targets. I just hope BD isn't on the list....
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic