Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Exits! / Return Rumors?
Topic Started: Apr 10 2012, 02:52 PM (321,336 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Tweet #RehireMatt in 18 minutes for the Matthew Ashford Twitterbomb!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Just out of curiosity- let's say Ashford comes back. Are those involved with the Twitter campaign planning to keep stuff like that going? Like a bomb the day he comes back to promote the show, that sort of thing, to follow up with things?
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

We trended for a minute! I'll post a screenshot later once I'm done tweeting! It didn't stay up long though - I think they blocked the trend again! Ugh!

Twitter apparently has a vendetta against soap operas! Assholes!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

That is awesome that #ReHireMatt trended.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

px780
Jun 4 2012, 12:00 PM
Just out of curiosity- let's say Ashford comes back. Are those involved with the Twitter campaign planning to keep stuff like that going? Like a bomb the day he comes back to promote the show, that sort of thing, to follow up with things?
It would really be smart to actually do something like that. IT shows Days that we also can promote the show for them if they give us something to like about the show.
Online Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

I think we should get #WelcomeBackMatt trending if Days does indeed bring him back! We shouldn't just focus efforts on negative things, but positive too!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

nocturnalblondie
Jun 4 2012, 01:26 PM
I think we should get #WelcomeBackMatt trending if Days does indeed bring him back! We shouldn't just focus efforts on negative things, but positive too!
I agree. That would be a good thing to do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Nocturnal are you gonna post the screenshot?
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 4 2012, 01:37 PM
Nocturnal are you gonna post the screenshot?
Yes, lol... once I'm done tweeting! Still going at it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

I agree also. When we campaigned to get MA back in 2011 we were just happy it seemed to work that we didn't think ahead or continue (which probably was a bit naive). So I do think to continue is probably a good plan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Here is the screenshot of when #RehireMatt trended:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

^^^^Sweeeet!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Not to be narcissistic... but WE TRENDED!!! I'm liking my own post, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dany_E

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!
Online Profile Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

Awesome ! Well done everyone...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^Only in the USA though :tounge: LOL. I felt like we tweeted ALOT today so glad to see it did trend (even if it was only for a minute)
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

I was so pissed at first! LOL Matthew McConaughey was trending - I was like "son of a bitch, wrong one!" :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virginia
Member Avatar

I am so happy and proud of everyone that we were able to trend. I ended up in twitter Jail with my husband then I made my friend tweet she is a Jack & Jennifer fan but is to shy for twitter but she did it anyway until she too ended up in twitter Jail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

I posted the screencap on Greg Meng's FB wall, and now I'm tweeting a variety of DAYS cast members with the picture, hoping to catch their attention, and get them talking on set!
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Nice work! Now someone needs to let SOD, SID and other soap mags and bloggers know about the twitterbomb and what it accomplished. Maybe one of them will pick it up as a news item.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic