Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Exits! / Return Rumors?
Topic Started: Apr 10 2012, 02:52 PM (322,857 Views)
JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jun 4 2012, 02:10 PM
Here is the screenshot of when #RehireMatt trended:

Posted Image
Awesome! Way to go everyone!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dany_E

Guinevere
Jun 4 2012, 01:41 PM
I agree also. When we campaigned to get MA back in 2011 we were just happy it seemed to work that we didn't think ahead or continue (which probably was a bit naive). So I do think to continue is probably a good plan.
Love your avi, Guinevere. They're both so adorable in that scene which is one of my faves.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

annie21
Jun 4 2012, 02:40 PM
Nice work! Now someone needs to let SOD, SID and other soap mags and bloggers know about the twitterbomb and what it accomplished. Maybe one of them will pick it up as a news item.

Don't you worry! We are on it! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

Dany_E
Jun 4 2012, 02:42 PM
Guinevere
Jun 4 2012, 01:41 PM
I agree also. When we campaigned to get MA back in 2011 we were just happy it seemed to work that we didn't think ahead or continue (which probably was a bit naive). So I do think to continue is probably a good plan.
Love your avi, Guinevere. They're both so adorable in that scene which is one of my faves.
Hehe. Yeah I love how he messes up the line but keeps on going..such a professional #rehirematt ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

Virginia
Jun 4 2012, 02:34 PM
I am so happy and proud of everyone that we were able to trend. I ended up in twitter Jail with my husband then I made my friend tweet she is a Jack & Jennifer fan but is to shy for twitter but she did it anyway until she too ended up in twitter Jail.
I ended up in jail too :( I don't think I tweeted THAT much. I may have to make a backup account I think ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm literally GUSHING!

Matthew Ashford ‏@matthew_ashford
Hi! Thank you ALL for your tremendous support! WOW! Iím actually Trending! #rehirematt thank you!
https://twitter.com/matthew_ashford/status/209736809427636226
Offline Profile Goto Top

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Again....^^^SWEEEEET!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

WOW! I did my part today. So glad Matt got to see all the effort we did. Hope it helps.
Offline Profile Goto Top

robolynn

Wowie! I'm so proud of all of you. I haven't been able to be online until now today but love that Matt tweeted about it, too!
Offline Profile Goto Top

DoolMT

I'm not sure if I was tweeting yet when it trended (got started a little late), but I am happy to have been a part of the bomb today! Let's hope it does some good!
Offline Profile Goto Top

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Jun 4 2012, 02:54 PM
Virginia
Jun 4 2012, 02:34 PM
I am so happy and proud of everyone that we were able to trend. I ended up in twitter Jail with my husband then I made my friend tweet she is a Jack & Jennifer fan but is to shy for twitter but she did it anyway until she too ended up in twitter Jail.
I ended up in jail too :( I don't think I tweeted THAT much. I may have to make a backup account I think ;)
I ended up in twitter jail when we trended with #daysangryviewer but not this time. I spaced my tweets to about 2 every five minutes for an hour from 1pm to 2pm EST (and then I had to leave). I just now came back and found out we trended...way to go everyone!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

nocturnalblondie
Jun 4 2012, 02:10 PM
Here is the screenshot of when #RehireMatt trended:

Posted Image
Super Awesome!!! Hard work & commitment = success!! I will cross my fingers, I hope MA returns!
Matt Ashford must be thrilled at all the support from his fans. I am sure our tweet bomb won't be missed by TPTB.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

Wow! That is so awesome!! Great job guys! :applause:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Good job Matt fans! Awesome that #RehireMatt trended...that is great.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Very proud #rehirematt trended and that he saw it. Good job everyone!
Offline Profile Goto Top

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Jun 4 2012, 01:26 PM
I think we should get #WelcomeBackMatt trending if Days does indeed bring him back! We shouldn't just focus efforts on negative things, but positive too!

I plan on continuing to tweet for Matt but I've got a question about tweeting (it's still very new for me). When I search for a particular twitter address or hashtag in the searchbar at the upper right hand of the page, I can't find my tweets, I only see my tweets on my twitter home page. Why is that? I tweeted for an hour today under Deveraux_Horton from 1-2pm EST to @nbcdays and @daysofourlives with the #RehireMatt hashtag. But I can't find them when searching under the hashtag or @nbc or @daysofourlives. Anyone know why that might be happening?
Offline Profile Goto Top

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Try clicking the "all" instead of "top"...you'll probably see them there. Mine were the same way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

I saw your tweets scrolling by, OnceinaLifetime.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

I saw some tweets asking that Days be saved by #RehireMatt and bring back Molly and bring back Safe. Ick to the second two, but hey, as long as the important part is there. And I'm not too worried about Molly sticking around anyway. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Wow! I can't believe you guys got the rehire Matt Ashford campaign to trend on twitter. You guys rock!!

Amazing that after 20+ years of terrible, terrible writing for Jack Devereaux - he is still a fan favorite and can cause buzz. Such a testament to Matt Ashford and the original writers who created such an iconic one-of-a-kind soap legend.

That said, I'm really torn, because I truly don't think T/W will know how to write for Jack Devereaux. IF Matt chooses to give this show another chance, I hope he waits until T/W are fired and Lorraine Broderick becomes head writer. And I hope he gets 2-3 episodes/week guarantee. This 1xmonth thing is bullshit. AND I hope he comes back without Missy Reeves. I really can't stand to watch Jack as Jen-Jen's pathetic puppy dog again. He needs to be fleshed out as a stand alone character again. I want to see Jack as a father, brother, uncle, brother-in-law, godfather, and most importantly SNARKY, SNEAKY REPORTER. Let him mix it up with the canvas. Not all soap stories have to be about contrived love relationships.

And if he doesn't come back, I wish MA the best and much luck with his career. And I will also kind of thank him for not tempting me to come back to this show. It's really awful. I can't even read the recaps or spoilers. What an unmitigated mess. Nothing makes sense! Or they have retreads of old stories without any real stakes, heart, soul, or consequences.

Seriously, when does the real Save Days twitter campaign start? The show needs a real writing team. Without that, it truly doesn't matter who comes back.

But again, rock on!! And Congratulations!! I really would love to see MA return and be treated right, finally. But after 20+ years of horrible BS, I don't really believe its possible. Sorry! Don't mean to rain on your parade. :cheer: :cheer:

Ignore me. I'm just being a stupid downer. You guys got it to TREND today! :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic