Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Exits! / Return Rumors?
Topic Started: Apr 10 2012, 02:52 PM (317,987 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Knowing this show they will fire all the wrong people. :shame:
Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm calling the comment line to support Matthew Ashford - I really don't want him to go! :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

I really hope non eof my faves go because if they do then the show will not be enjoyable for me any more. I love watching but without the people I tune in to see well what wouldbe the point?

Come On Days! Do not make me upset I really want I keep watching I really do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

graceadler
Apr 10 2012, 03:15 PM
ugh this doesn't sound good. i really hope the DH's aren't let go again.

I do think Matt and Missy might be let go. Maybe Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston? Carrie and Austin will prolly be leaving Salem too.

but John is recurring and they barely use him, they'd need to get rid of expensive contract cast.

Maybe a better way to see this is who's contract are up this fall?
Offline Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 10 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:

Meng: I don't know. I think it's a beautiful story and we are committed to it. But probably it's not the story that most women are going to tune in for every day, the one they don't want to miss. I think it's a story everybody likes, but the women want to see romance. Our goal is to get back lapsed viewers our family of viewers who stopped watching altogether or aren't watching us every day.
this is where I am. The coming out story is ok. I do have some problems with it like I don't get Will as a character but Sonny is very endearing. Even as sweet as Sonny can be, it's not enough to get me to tune in to the show. I need something that keeps me tuning in, a romantic sexy couple connecting on different levels. Sonny and Will are nice but they are just too young.
This is the only reason why I am watching the show. Will is a great character who can't remain the cookie-cutter type he has portrayed almost continuously. There needs to be depth and I think the show has given him that since last November. He dealt with his mother's betrayal, better than Sami has for the last 20 years, and he is dealing with coming-out. That is a lot and I think the show has done an amazing job.

I will be sooooo angry if they decide to conform and get rid of the storyline. Who needs more couples like Bradison screwing each other when Wilson is the closest we have to what could be a great couple. All the 80s supercouples were around this age when they started and that was fine; so I have no problem with Wilson. This show has gotten so much positive press and coverage since the storyline started. Days/NBC should think about that and not about shipping crappy couples...ahem Safe, Racole, Dannifer (thankfully not anymore), Dillie, Bradison, etc.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda

There are only 2 people that I would be shocked to see let go: Gering and Sweeney, since TBTB seem to think the sun shines out of their asses. Anyone else wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Offline Profile Goto Top

yourstar

Halloween Family
Quote:

Meng: I don't know. I think it's a beautiful story and we are committed to it. But probably it's not the story that most women are going to tune in for every day, the one they don't want to miss. I think it's a story everybody likes, but the women want to see romance. Our goal is to get back lapsed viewers our family of viewers who stopped watching altogether or aren't watching us every day.
this is where I am. The coming out story is ok. I do have some problems with it like I don't get Will as a character but Sonny is very endearing. Even as sweet as Sonny can be, it's not enough to get me to tune in to the show. I need something that keeps me tuning in, a romantic sexy couple connecting on different levels. Sonny and Will are nice but they are just too young.
I think many older viewers feel this way about any of the younger couples. I get it but don't necessarily agree. I think told properly Will and Sonny can be just as compelling a couple as an older couple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LuvingLumi
Apr 10 2012, 03:17 PM
I wonder if James Scott is also a possibility as another one that gets cut.

I somehow don't think that they'd get rid of Dee and Drake again....but Matt and Missy..I do think are targets. I just hope BD isn't on the list....
I don't think they will fire Drake and Deidre either. I will be surprised if Matt and Missy AREN'T fired.

I don't think James Scott will go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

yeah...I get this feeling of gloom and doom as in their going to fire a bunch of vets and whatever happens to 'kill' them off or something will air the day before the Olympics start...then on the Monday they come back viewers find out who's dead and who's not....problem is.....that by August we'll know the actors that have been fired....the show being this far ahead is really the problem here more than anything else. Same thing happened with the reset.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 10 2012, 03:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

If TPTB read the board....

KEEEEEEP MATTHEW ASHFORD!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, KEEEEP MATTHEW ASHFORD!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Mass firings won't surprise me in the least. The cast is too big, and I never understood how the show was affording all these returnees.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

My hope is that a lot of actors are going to be recurring status but I fear they are going to get rid of a lot of people. :shame: Wish they would get rid of GG/Rafe first but I'm not holding my breath. :hmmph:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovinej

The DOOL cast is way too bloated, so I agree cuts are needed.......
Offline Profile Goto Top

razorbacks78
Member Avatar

Anyone big have contracts up in next few months? I know CC, PM, DH's, MA contracts are through 2013 but that doesnt really matter
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

One of those epic firings better be GG.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

I really wish they'd stop shooting so far ahead - it's 3 months ahead and that's WAY too far ahead.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I don't care if Drake Hogestyn is cut but leave Deidre Hall alone. I don't care if they kill John off again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

yourstar
Apr 10 2012, 03:21 PM
Halloween Family
Quote:

I think many older viewers feel this way about any of the younger couples. I get it but don't necessarily agree. I think told properly Will and Sonny can be just as compelling a couple as an older couple.
No he is trying to say romance is what viewers want to see but not romance between two gay guys. Disgusting and so unbased.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cyndabell

michr544125
Apr 10 2012, 03:03 PM
Didn't like that article at all. Major firings coming and it sounds like the gay story of Will and Sonny is gonna be run out the door. I don't see any reason to watch anymore. This is going to get even worse that it is now.
The gay storyline is easily TOAST! I mean, you could argue that Tomlin, Whitesell, and company could continue writing something for it but I can also see them saying why bother? MarDar didn't do a whole lot with it so they can just drop it and focus on creating new stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mandadawn
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Apr 10 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm calling the comment line to support Matthew Ashford - I really don't want him to go! :(
I think we need to get people to call in and get support for both Matthew Ashford and Bryan Datillo! They have gotten great reviews and positive feedback for being on the show. Its not like we don't see MA and forget he is on the show; we keep complaining that they are not giving him airtime. He should be commended for his brilliant PTSD storyline that they have dropped. Instead, they made us sit through weeks of Dannifer saying goodbye to each other. :x

Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn have gotten the shaft too. Especially Drake with the stupid Alamania story. At least Hall has been apart of Will's coming-out story and that has been great. I do think she needs to have a storyline involving just her or at least the DHs together.

These people need to go: Shawn Christian, Molly Burnett, Camilla Banus, Galen Gering, Lisa Rinna, Eric Martsolf, Sarah Brown...don't let the down hit you on the way out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic