Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Game of Thrones' Renewed for Season 3
Topic Started: Apr 11 2012, 08:19 AM (266 Views)
Thomson
Member Avatar

Fans of HBO's Game of Thrones can expect A Storm of Swords in 2013. The network said Tuesday that it has renewed the fantasy hit for Season 3, meaning at least part of George R.R. Martin's third book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series will get a television adaptation.

The news comes after record-breaking ratings during last week's Season 2 premiere. A total of 3.9 million viewers watched the inaugural broadcast, with a combined 6.3 million tuning in to the network's multiple broadcasts for the night. That marked 53 percent gains from its freshman season average and a 27 percent rise from the previous high reached by last season's finale. The second episode dropped less than 3 percent, pulling 3.8 million viewers.

“Series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss raised our expectations for the second season -- and then surpassed them,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “We are thrilled by all the viewer and media support we’ve received for the series and can’t wait to see what Dan and David have in store for next season.”

Game of Thrones' series premiere brought in 2.2 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-49 back in April 2011. It showed steady ratings growth during the course of the freshman season, eventually ending with 3 million and a 1.4 rating in the demo.
Keeping with the first two seasons, the third likely will consist of 10 episodes -- but unlike the first two, it won't likely follow one of Martin's books from start to finish. Echoing past sentiments, co-creator Weiss recently acknowledged that A Storm of Swords couldn't be told in just 10 episodes.

"A Storm of Swords is too long to fit in a single season," said Weiss. "And as readers know, A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons take place during roughly the same time frame, so we’ll have to fold those together. The plan, if we’re lucky enough to be given the opportunity to see it through, is to use as many seasons as we need to tell the story as a whole, to do justice to George’s entire opus."

And that seems to be the game plan for HBO. Co-president Richard Plepler said at last summer's Television Critics Association press tour that the network would produce the series as long as Martin wanted it to.

A costly endeavor, Thrones films entirely abroad, with most of production based in Northern Ireland. After its first season, the series earned 13 Emmy nominations and two wins as well as two Golden Globe noms. Both award shows gave supporting actor nods to Peter Dinklage for playing Tyrion Lannister.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-of-thrones-renewed-season-3-306981
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thomson
Member Avatar

I'm very excited !!

King
Member Avatar

They better renew it for S4-7/8/9 too cuz I need to know how this shit ends! LOL.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

King
Apr 11 2012, 06:37 PM
They better renew it for S4-7/8/9 too cuz I need to know how this shit ends! LOL.
Lmao :laugh: Precisely King PRECISELY!

King
Member Avatar

I was actually thinking of reading the books, but I am not sure I have that attention span. LOL.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

I'm So excited! I love this show ...I need to read the books cause if the show is awesome the books just have to be awesome....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply