Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
REVOLUTION CANCELED, GH RENEWED!
Topic Started: Apr 11 2012, 04:41 PM (3,536 Views)
somersetfan
Member Avatar

Never really liked GH but happy for its fans.

Real shame that a 44 year old show was cancelled for a mess that barely lasted half a year......and pulled less than half of its predecessors ratings.

Oh well. Congrats to the cast and crew of GH and hope you will have something nice planned for the 50th next year.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

This is great news for GH fans. But as a OLTL fan it does nothing but piss me off! They cold have made OLTL a half hour show instead of cancelling it!

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

I've been enjoying GH since they infused OLTL characters in it. Hadn't watched it for years. It's great to hear they got a renewal because I'm looking forward to the stories they'll roll out with in the coming year. Maybe they can get a steady increase in their ratings in the coming months and continue to climb. If it doesn't start to suck, at least I have one constant soap I can watch in the near future.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I read that "GMA in the Afternoon" is temporarily replacing The Revolution. This is interesting. I've wanted ABC to do a chunk of live afternoon news for quite sometime. In fact, when ABC canceled both AMC and OLTL, it would have been in their best interest to do a two hour, live national newscast.

Make no mistake, this is a victory GH fans. But I would hold off on celebrating. ABC is clearly testing a third hour of GMA either as a lure to its affiliates that will need something when Kelly Ripa expectedly bombs with her new co-host or as a more suitable/substantial lead-in to Katie or syndicated programming. If it performs really REALLY well(like better than GH and The Chew), I could see them canceling GH anyway and keeping "GMA in the Afternoon" on and rebranding it as something else, especially with the election rolling around.

You heard it here first. From Miss Cleo herself. *smokes blunt*

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Fantastic news about GH! I'm glad it will reach its fiftieth anniversary and I might pick it up again with Finola Hughes staying on as Anna. However, as a OLTL fan it makes me all the more bitter that it was cancelled for the awful "Revolution". What a waste...

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Makes me sad that a lot of cast from OLTL lost their jobs for nothing now for this pathetic show.Happy for GH.

Bye Bye Revolution. :wave: :moon: :wave:

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Great news! So happy that it's been renewed!

BradyB

I sure wish we could get OLTL back. Id like to even see old episodes air during those nine weeks. I bet the ratings for it would beat the chew and revoultion.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This really sucks for OLTL because it was canceled for nothing.
heaper
Very happy for GH, which has been fantastic the last few months.

This is why I can't see NBC or CBS canceling Days, Y&R, or B&B anytime soon unless they have something they believe is a sure thing as a replacement. It's not enough for something to just be cheaper. It needs to have representative numbers too. The game shows that replaced ATWT and GL had decent enough numbers to justify CBS doing what they did. In this case, the Revolution did not. I don't think the networks will take a risk like this again unless they are sure from now on. This may have changed the game in soaps' favor IMO.

King
Member Avatar

I am totally going to tune into GH again when DAYS is cancelled. LOL.

Seriously though, I am happy for GH fans.

The Revolution sucked.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Quote:

DEADLINE is reporting that ABC has canceled THE REVOLUTION from the Daytime lineup

YES! :yahoo:
Bye U Sorry Fucks...

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

YAY Thanks! GH Getting better and keep better.

demilyftw3
Member Avatar

YAY SO HAPPY for gh -suck on it revoluation :flipoff: :cheer:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

As a viewer of OLTL I am sad for them to having to get canceled for the Revolution. :tears:

As a viewer enjoying the improved GH I say :cheer: :dance:

And to ABC and The Revolution I say :roflol: :teehee: :yahoo: :sarcasm:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

GREAT NEWS! Now Bring ONE LIFE back!

blueskies
Member Avatar

good news, but i wish they wouldn't change GH's timeslot. That could seriously hurt ratings & they can't handle that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

bellcurve
Apr 11 2012, 05:49 PM
I read that "GMA in the Afternoon" is temporarily replacing The Revolution. This is interesting. I've wanted ABC to do a chunk of live afternoon news for quite sometime. In fact, when ABC canceled both AMC and OLTL, it would have been in their best interest to do a two hour, live national newscast.

Make no mistake, this is a victory GH fans. But I would hold off on celebrating. ABC is clearly testing a third hour of GMA either as a lure to its affiliates that will need something when Kelly Ripa expectedly bombs with her new co-host or as a more suitable/substantial lead-in to Katie or syndicated programming. If it performs really REALLY well(like better than GH and The Chew), I could see them canceling GH anyway and keeping "GMA in the Afternoon" on and rebranding it as something else, especially with the election rolling around.

You heard it here first. From Miss Cleo herself. *smokes blunt*
yup...it's like the 4th hour of the Today Show (and now 5th!) all over again.... :puke:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Graham
Member Avatar

I pray to God GMA PM edition is a flop. If it gets ratings close to The Chew's, GH may not be as safe as we think.

Graham
Member Avatar

Oh and THANK GOD that piece of shit show is finally getting cancelled! All that money and promotion down the drain! :laugh:

Petunia

am103
Apr 11 2012, 05:05 PM
So OLTL was basically cancelled for nothing.
:angry: exactly!!!! bunch of idiots...don't care if they renew GH don't watch it and never will again!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply