Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
REVOLUTION CANCELED, GH RENEWED!
Topic Started: Apr 11 2012, 04:41 PM (3,392 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar

somersetfan
Apr 11 2012, 05:21 PM
Never really liked GH but happy for its fans.

Real shame that a 44 year old show was cancelled for a mess that barely lasted half a year......and pulled less than half of its predecessors ratings.

Oh well. Congrats to the cast and crew of GH and hope you will have something nice planned for the 50th next year.

Indeed.

I wish it were One Life to Live continuing on as the last ABC soap, but c'est la vie. It's the only cancelled soap I actually find myself missing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yay.

And hopefully this makes SoapNet last longer too.

MidnightRain
Member Avatar
Jake & Marley ~ Jarley <333

Thrilled!! :cheer: However, I'm not naive to think that GH is safe. This will still probably be its last year unfortunately. But I'm grateful that we at least have that. GH is the only daytime soap I'm watching now, so I'm going to enjoy it for as long as I can. And I'm super happy that they'll be able to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I hope they make it great, and I hope that FV and RC make GH as good as it can possibly be. I'd love to see it go out on a high note.

engrady pind

The last thing daytime programming needs is yet another news venue. We already have too much news coverage that creates mountains out of molehills in their attempt to be first with what might or might not be happening. Daytime needs some fiction to keep it watchable. Despite its focus on mobsters, General Hospital still gives viewers an opportunity to exercise their imagination.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great news! I'm so happy GH gets to see its 50th anniversary. Carlivati will do a great job, no doubt.

demilyftw3
Member Avatar

i doubt GMA PM will do good wtf watches news anymore lol

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

I don't watch GH, but good news for soap fans. That's at least a victory in a time with lots of losses. I doubt it but hopefully these channels realize not everyone is going to tune in to these advice and whatnot programs.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

me 2 i stopped watchin GH years ago,but im glad 4 their fans.

soapfan1

I don't watch GH,but I am happy for all the GH fans.There have already been enough soap cancellations in the last 5 years.I would like to see the last 4 remaining soaps stay on air for awhile longer.There are already too many talk and reality shows.Soaps are still needed in the daytime line up for variety.

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Where was I when I missed this story? So glad GH is staying on! Yay! I'm really liking GH going back to its "classic GH" days and rehiring old vets like Kristina Wagner.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply