Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Big Changes at Days!; 4/30 Issue
Topic Started: Apr 19 2012, 06:34 PM (17,642 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Big Changes at Days!

Behind-the-scenes shakeups are rocking the Days studios on both sides of the camera.

Matthew Ashford, Sarah Brown, Christie Clark and Patrick Muldoon are the first group of actors to be cut from the large cast -- with more to follow, say sources. "This is just the beginning," shudders an insider. "There are going to be more people out. Everyone is a little freaked out."

After a mass exodus in September 2011 in which Nadia Bjorlin, Crystal Chappell, Louise Sorel, Tamara Braun and others left the canvas under the new writing/production regime, there was a "reboot" of the 46-year old soap. Ashford, Clark and Muldoon returned, along with Deidre Hall and Drake Hogesyn. Brown's Madison was introduced in October. But the much-heralded "new" Days -- which included a massive set overhaul -- didn't goose the ratings significantly.

The actors went online to express their thoughts. "DAYS has been great 2 us. It will always be home," tweeted Muldoon. "That's the way it goes in this business," noted Ashford on Facebook. "As always - thank you to everyone for your support."

Behind the scenes, less than a year after Marlene McPherson and Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. were appointed head scribes, they have been replaced by former Co-Executive Producer Gary Tomlin and former Co-Head Writer Christopher Whitesell. Emmy Award winning AMC and OLTL alum Lorraine Broderick joins the team as a breakdown writer. In a statement, Co-Executive Producer Greg Meng enthused, "We are excited and look forward to the stories of romance, suspense and intrigue this new team plans to tell."

Rumors of NBC's increased involvement in the state of the soap was widely spread after McPherson wrote the following on Twitter: "Thank you DOOL fans. U r the best and we love you! NBC never let us tell our stories. They kept stopping us and changing our direction. Sad." Sources tell Digest that the network is, indeed, taking a greater interest in the future of their lone daytime serial.

There may be some good news in all of this, however. Setsiders say the return of Nadia Bjorlin could be imminent.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

I don't mind Nadia but Chloe I could care less about. I wouldn't call her coming back something that would make up for some the already fired vets or any of the other vets that could possibly be fire. But then again that's just my opinion.

I just can't understand them saying this is an upside.Ugh.
Edited by WowItsJustine, Apr 19 2012, 06:41 PM.

Mason

Kenny
Apr 19 2012, 06:34 PM
There may be some good news in all of this, however. Setsiders say the return of Nadia Bjorlin could be imminent.
So they're trading Ashford, Clark, Brown and Muldoon (and unnamed others) for Nadia Bjorlin?

Alrighty, then.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Well the only new thing we learned was that Nadia may be returning. It was also confirmed that NBC does have more say in what is happening at Days right now.

However, I wanted some more new info. Most of this is stuff we already knew. Announce the rest of the cast cuts already.

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Hopefully if the NB rumor is true, there's going to be a Brady/Chloe relationship in my future. I really enjoyed their scenes and chemistry towards the end of the Hooker storyline. EM and NB worked well together, and had a natural chemistry, far better than what he had with all of his other on screen love interest.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Are they gonna tell us what is going on soon or not? Getting really annoyed and tired of their games. :frustration:

Romancer66

WowItsJustine
Apr 19 2012, 06:37 PM
I don't mind Nadia but I wouldn't call her coming back something that would make up for some the already fired or any of the other vets that could possibly be fire. but then again that's just my opinion.
One returning favorite does not make up for the axing of three others, no matter who it is.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I had a feeling Tomlin/Whitesell would want to bring Chloe on ASAP. They seemed to love her and were intent on making her a leading lady on the show.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i want to knoe who else has been fired. im tired of this wait.

Aldo
Member Avatar

Soooo.... What's new? :whistle:
Edited by Aldo, Apr 19 2012, 06:44 PM.

shanesparks89
Member Avatar

Ah this is great! Can't wait :) maybe things are turning around. :D

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This is literally a mishmash of everything we already know. I could have wrote this article.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 19 2012, 06:41 PM.

michr544125

I only want Broe back if they bring back Kyle Lowder as Brady and get rid of EM who I feel is a very bland actor at least in this role. He will always be Brady to me. Him and Nadia have amazing chemistry together. Now I'm convinced it was the network that has halted WilSon. Sure the show wants to be committed to a gay romance but I think the network won't allow them to. Goodbye FS and soon after CM.
Edited by michr544125, Apr 19 2012, 06:42 PM.

Helpless Romantic

alex
Apr 19 2012, 06:39 PM
Are they gonna tell us what is going on soon or not? Getting really annoyed and tired of their games. :frustration:
I know can they get on with it already!!!! UGH! If Nadia does return I hope its for Brady and to reunite Broe. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Really? NB? Sorry..but that's like trading Champagne (MA, CC) for Coors Light.

LOL @ SOD getting the quotes from FB and twitter? Really?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I wish they'd just spill already. Even though I know they probably fired the wrong people I'd still like to know. No use keeping everyone on their toes.
Quote Post Goto Top

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 19 2012, 06:41 PM
Really? NB? Sorry..but that's like trading Champagne (MA, CC) for Coors Light.

LOL @ SOD getting the quotes from FB and twitter? Really?
LOL what a great comparison.i just don't understand what these people are thinking with what they are doing.They're basically resetting
the show back to what is was before this previous reset.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

If I can't have my Phloe, which is my number one choice, I also enjoyed orignal Broe and this version didn't get to be explored until the very end. So if Nadia comes back, a Broe reunion and relationship would be 100 x better than Bradison. I can actually believe Brady loves Chloe. I never believed in his quicky love for Madison. Broe has history and I would welcome that. Now, bring back my Philip to fight for the girl, and I'm there, baby!!

Ana75
Member Avatar

OMG Yes to Nadia!! I am hoping for a Broe story finally! :)

AHM

Mason
Apr 19 2012, 06:37 PM
Kenny
Apr 19 2012, 06:34 PM
So they're trading Ashford, Clark, Brown and Muldoon (and unnamed others) for Nadia Bjorlin?

Alrighty, then.
Sucktastic. I think this doesn't bode well for those who aren't Dan fans. But maybe Chloe will be heading Brady's way. At any rate, I don't care what they do with Chloe. It doesn't make up for the under use and subsequent tossing of Jack. It's looking to me like NBC is probably pushing youth and beauty. I'd rather have characters I care about. But I know some will be happy about Chloe's return, so that's at least something.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply