Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Big Changes at Days!; 4/30 Issue
Topic Started: Apr 19 2012, 06:34 PM (17,772 Views)
Aya
Member Avatar

I haven't been keeping up with Days since late August, but from the firings I can assume the writing team that everyone was waiting for last year didn't really live up to their hype? Since I've been out of the loop for awhile I cant really be upset at the firings since idk much about the recent Days story arc. But if NB is coming back...my hopes of Ejoe happening are being renewed. Its ridiculous that the two hottest people on the show haven't gotten together and spawn mini perfections, yet they decided to have EJ have kids with that she-goblin [though i will admit Johnny is adorable].
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jarliana

I think that NBC is purposely trying to get DOOL canceled. Brian Frons of ABC did the same thing. He controled every fanbase until AMC and OLTL finally got canceled. Then they finally fired Brian Frons. I guess who ever is running NBC wants to get fired too. Well, looks like they're on their way to doing that. They're not worried about ratings. Why do you think they keep forcing this Ejami thing. Ejole have a big fanbase and they aren't being used.

They sure are destroying Ej's character just to please AS and Ejami fans. When is NBC going to realize that using them to boost ratings isn't working.

Edited by Jarliana, Apr 24 2012, 06:28 PM.

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

At this point I hope they cancel the show. They don't respect their actors and they certainly don't care about the fans. It makes me sad to see once a great show be runned into the ground. I'm not sticking around for Days the Next Generation. Once Carrie & Austin leave, Im done for good this time. Its hard for me to say that cause Ive been a fan for more than 20 years but never have I been more frustrated, upset or disgusted with the show as I am right now.
Edited by daysfan20yrs, Apr 24 2012, 07:12 PM.

Jarliana

I hope the new writers remember that Ej's had a longer history with Nicole and during that long history they have been on again off again so we want to see more developement of their relationship for longer than three months at a time. They keep having them break up every three months. We the writers would let Ejole explore their relationship with them finally dealing with their issues together not separate.
Edited by Jarliana, Apr 25 2012, 07:42 AM.

Jarliana

Ejami would never work out because Ej's growing up and Sami is still the same immature woman who can't make up her mind about which man she really wants to be with that's why the merry go round. One minute she wants Lucas, then Ej and I'm not sure about how she feels about Rafe when she remembers him. One thing about Sami being with Rafe they got her off the merry go round of Lucas and Ej.

I think Ejole would be better because Ej and Nicole have always wanted the same thing, family because of how they grew up. They both want to be good parents to their children.
Sami barely has time for them. She only remembers she has kids when the fathers of her children comes to see them. Other than that she's too preoccupied with her needs.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jarliana
Apr 25 2012, 07:38 AM
I hope the new writers remember that Ej's had a longer history with Nicole and during that long history they have been on again off again so we want to see more developement of their relationship for longer than three months at a time. They keep having them break up every three months. We the writers would let Ejole explore their relationship with them finally dealing with their issues together not separate.
I wouldn't hold out any hope for these old, new writers. I think TPTB will write what they want, despite history. It is apparent, over the last few years on DAYS, history is not an important factor in writing SLs. Nothing stays that same, so they adapt the characters to whatever suits their purpose. I guess they figure they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, with old and new viewers. Seems like TPTB don't think they have so many long-time viewers of 10 years+, 15 years+. It doesn't seem to matter what characters they write for.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply