Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Big Changes at Days!; 4/30 Issue
Topic Started: Apr 19 2012, 06:34 PM (17,763 Views)
Helpless Romantic

dc cubs
Apr 19 2012, 06:59 PM
lysie
Apr 19 2012, 06:55 PM
IDK what all you got from this, but I'll tell you what I got. Days refused to comment to SOD. Otherwise it wouldnt' be full of anonymous quotes, facebook, and twitter. They're panicking about something.
I think they are panicking because they know the changes they are making are going to tick off a lot of fans. If there are more epic firings to come they should have just announced everything at once. That way peeps don't keep getting upset multiple times every time a firing is announced.
Thank you! So much this. :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 19 2012, 07:03 PM
I am shocked there was no mention of a "Plan to Save Days" anywhere in this article. That is probably because as Lysie said there were no comments from anyone at Days.
That's exactly why.

CarlD2

michr544125
Apr 19 2012, 06:41 PM
I only want Broe back if they bring back Kyle Lowder as Brady and get rid of EM who I feel is a very bland actor at least in this role. He will always be Brady to me. Him and Nadia have amazing chemistry together. Now I'm convinced it was the network that has halted WilSon. Sure the show wants to be committed to a gay romance but I think the network won't allow them to. Goodbye FS and soon after CM.
I think EM and Nadia were great together in the few chances they had onscreen. I'd rather test them again and if it doesn't work, then they could bring back Lowder.

Sonny is already a bit player even with this gay romance which we were supposedly getting, which mostly amounted to a handful of scenes every few months. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny goes, but I don't think Will would go. His story has been about his relationships with Marlena, EJ, and Sami. Anything else has been an afterthought.

misch
Member Avatar

I wish they would pick a direction and stick to it. The reset, the reset, the reset, what is it with this show and the RESETS :biggrin:
In all seriousness, I just want Days to tell stories and have me invested and care about the characters. Will's story has allowed me to do that with Marlena, Kate, Sami (even though I wan't her strangled, but I care about that). But right now the stories are seesawing along with my emotions with this show. I gave it a try again with Carly (even though I was pissed at the first Jarlena exit) and now with the recent reset. I'm nervous this may be heading towards the end. I hope not but I have been a viewer for over 20 years and I'm not so sure Days will be around much longer with this going on :doh:

CarlD2

Mitchapalooza
Apr 19 2012, 07:03 PM
granolagirl
Apr 19 2012, 07:01 PM
I think bringing back NB could be a good move, depending on what they do with her. This show lacks story, and Chloe actually had some in the last few years to build on. I don't really care who she ends up with but think a Dan/Brady/Nicole quad might actually work.
Cause Chloe has more story to tell than legacy characters like Jack, Carrie, Austin?

GMFAB! Its called straight up LAZY AS FUCK writing/producing....oh and desperation.

I would rather get my dick cut off than watch a Dan/Brady/Nicole/Chloe quad!
I would keep Carrie and Jack, but I don't think it's either or, that they are firing them because of Nadia. The women in that age range are pretty bad, with Madison being unpopular with quite a few (not all, obviously) fans from early on. I can see where they would want her back. Even if she didn't return I doubt it would mean any of the fired actors would stay.

ShaneDOOLFan

and dools ratings are freakin up from last week and from last year. Its astonishing that they got rid of Clark, Muldoon, and Ashford. All the show needs is good writing. #DaysAngryViewer

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think it's hilarious/infuriating that they pulled quotes from Twitter/Facebook that- if I remember correctly- were in direct response to what you guys did with your Twitterbomb. Only they're so beholden to the network they can't really mention that fan outrage, even though it's a helluva story, imho.

As for Bjorlin being a bright spot- what the fuck ever. To me she represents Salem High and the first time I've ever seen hardcore fanbases (Broe vs. Phloe, alongside the Shelles). Hated her then, like her as a person now from her reality show, don't give two shits whether she's on Days or not. She's not a lure for me, at all. Though I guess I'd want her to get a steady paycheck 'cause she seems like a nice enough person.

Oh- and anyone who sat through Days 2.0 should be terrified of what could happen to Chloe under Days 3.0. I mean, they trumpted the grand returns of Carrie/Austin too. Didn't mean shit. What makes this different?

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy crap!
They are swapping Christie Clark for deer-in-headlights-blow-up-doll Chloe? Seriously?
What are they doing?
I like Chloe and all, but she was so much bad acting and boobs. Christie Clark has substance.
Bad trade. Really bad trade!

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Let's be honest, it's Days 27.0!

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

lysie
IDK what all you got from this, but I'll tell you what I got. Days refused to comment to SOD. Otherwise it wouldnt' be full of anonymous quotes, facebook, and twitter. They're panicking about something.
lol could they B panickin bc of us??? HAHA we scared them off,im sure last week.i bet the last thing they'd expect was tons of fans,expressin their anger/frustration over the firin of MA,PM,CC and SJB.

i kind of feel bad for sarah,bc i admit on my "angry" tweets,not even once i mentioned her.
well in a way,they did the rite thing by lettin sarah go bc can u imagine if instead of her,it was another VET??? like melissa?

how awful....2 supercouples out the door once...bang!

at this point NOBODY is safe.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Helpless Romantic
alex
Apr 19 2012, 06:39 PM
Are they gonna tell us what is going on soon or not? Getting really annoyed and tired of their games. :frustration:
I know can they get on with it already!!!! UGH! If Nadia does return I hope its for Brady and to reunite Broe. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Me too! :wub: Her & KL will always be one of my all-time fave couples EVER, but I did like her chemistry with EM.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

lysie
And I think that something is everything.

Dee-anne

I hope Nadia comes back. They should never have gotten rid of her in the first place. Loved Phloe and I loved Danloe and really liked her friendship with Nicole.

James&AriFan
Member Avatar

Yay Nadia. So excited. Go Broe. Love them together. I love phloe too

michr544125

CarlD2
Apr 19 2012, 07:10 PM
michr544125
I only want Broe back if they bring back Kyle Lowder as Brady and get rid of EM who I feel is a very bland actor at least in this role. He will always be Brady to me. Him and Nadia have amazing chemistry together. Now I'm convinced it was the network that has halted WilSon. Sure the show wants to be committed to a gay romance but I think the network won't allow them to. Goodbye FS and soon after CM.
I think EM and Nadia were great together in the few chances they had onscreen. I'd rather test them again and if it doesn't work, then they could bring back Lowder.

Sonny is already a bit player even with this gay romance which we were supposedly getting, which mostly amounted to a handful of scenes every few months. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonny goes, but I don't think Will would go. His story has been about his relationships with Marlena, EJ, and Sami. Anything else has been an afterthought.
Will may stay but he will be resorted t a very minimal role. Once the coming out story is through and once the EJ stuff comes out and if they indeed refuse to show a gay romance there won't be much left for him.
Edited by michr544125, Apr 19 2012, 07:39 PM.

annie21

JDeveraux_91
Apr 19 2012, 06:45 PM
Helpless Romantic
alex
Apr 19 2012, 06:39 PM
Are they gonna tell us what is going on soon or not? Getting really annoyed and tired of their games. :frustration:
I know can they get on with it already!!!! UGH! If Nadia does return I hope its for Brady and to reunite Broe. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Knowing these idiots, they are bringing Chloe back get with her "real" true love Daniel and changing Parker's paternity. They had no interest in giving Phloe or Broe a real shot and Daniel is Jesus to them so this is what will happen, IMO.
Yes, I predicted something like this when I first heard they were getting rid of Jack.

As part of their rollback, the writers will put Jennifer back with Daniel. Then they'll bring Chloe back to start yet another triangle -- or quad with Brady.

MR may choose to leave when her contract ends in September, so that would mean Dannifer ends by Christmas, clearing the way for Danloe.

This show is so off the rails.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Nadia :)

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 19 2012, 07:17 PM
Holy crap!
They are swapping Christie Clark for deer-in-headlights-blow-up-doll Chloe? Seriously?
What are they doing?
I like Chloe and all, but she was so much bad acting and boobs. Christie Clark has substance.
Bad trade. Really bad trade!
Posted Image

Sariah
Member Avatar

I also think it's interesting that no one at Days commented. And that SOD failed to mention the worldwide #DaysAngryViewer campaign. I thought it would have warranted at least a mention.

As for Nadia coming back - I didn't like what Tomsell were doing with her the last time they were in charge. I thought Danloe was disgusting, and it pissed me off to no end that they wasted the fantastic chemistry she has with JKJ (who was too busy sniffing around after Melanie to pay any attention to Chloe, another completely ridiculous pairing).

So, much as I would love for Nadia and Jay to return as Chloe and Philip, I don't want Chloe to be back with Dr. Orange ever. I don't want to be subjected to their sexcapades. I don't want to see Philip as Melanie's lapdog. I'd be much more enthusiastic about them possibly returning if the Jonas family were gone.

I also don't want Parker's paternity retconned. That dimpled wonder belongs with his equally adorable daddy. ;)

Romancer66

ChampagneRiver
Apr 19 2012, 07:27 PM
lysie
And I think that something is everything.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply