Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Exactly what happened in one Salem day?
Topic Started: Apr 20 2012, 01:16 PM (1,854 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I decided to keep track of a day in Salem. Sun rise to sun set. Since today's episode (4/20) launched a new day in Salem, let's look at the most recent full day which began on 4/12 (last Thursday). Episode synopses are via TV Guide.

4/12 (Thurs) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Alison Sweeney (D); Roger Schroeder (SW)
New day - Billie discovers documents hidden in the DiMera mansion; EJ feels betrayed by Stefano; a troubled Rafe confronts Carrie about her attitude; Melanie and Chad make plans to spend the whole day together.
4/13 (Fri) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Albert Alarr (D); Nancy Williams Watt (SW)
Marlena is elated when John surprises her with his return; Hope rushes to the hospital to be by Bo's side; Nicole attempts to comfort EJ; Carrie confides to Marlena that she still has some residual feelings for Rafe; Lucas gets Sami to relax.

4/16 (Mon) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Steven Williford (D); Lacey Dyer (SW)
Hope reacts to Bo having moved his hand; Stefano reveals to Kate that he knows about her betrayal; EJ confronts Billie when he catches her snooping; EJ is devastated when Lexie reveals she has a brain tumor; Abigail helps Cameron wait tables.
4/17 (Tues) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Albert Alarr (D); David A. Levinson (SW)
Sami gloats in front of Kate regarding a recent turn of events; EJ informs Sami of Lexie's condition; Hope convinces Daniel to bring Bo out of his medically induced coma; Marlena continues to express her anger over John working with the ISA.
4/18 (Wed) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Albert Alarr (D); Richard Culliton (SW)
Stefano gives Hope and John a deadline for returning his coin to him; Will reveals to Gabi that he's gay; Chad and Melanie invite Abigail and Cameron to an outdoor movie; things get awkward when Austin and Carrie run into Nicole and Rafe at the pub
4/19 (Thurs) Marlene McPherson & Darrell Ray Thomas (HW); Albert Alarr (D); Carolyn Culliton (SW)
EJ and Kate confront Stefano; Ian stuns Madison by agreeing to give her a divorce; Stefano throws Kate out of the mansion; Gabi blames herself for Will being gay; Madison asks Brady if his marriage proposal is still on the table.
Edited by Matt, Apr 20 2012, 01:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Honestly, do you really want us to tear 'this week' in Salem apart, or is meant for just some light reading? :P

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

That's a lot of stuff for one day but really the show isn't moving. LOL

JuneStacy
Member Avatar

Well, you have to admit that it's rather slow-paced. So much for the reboot. :drunk:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Now I miss Passions and its epic days.

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

It still seems to me things are moving along more quickly than previous writers whether this was one day or one week alot happened.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Daniel is wearing the same blue shirt, from the day he and Jennifer 1st made love.

You know a woman remembers this type of stuff.

If wardrobe is keeping track, it is not funny. And so much for TPTB trying to kill the Dannifer thing, it is probably still in the back of their minds.

Okay, I'm a nit picky bitch, but for Fuck Sakes I just want him gone from my screen.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

px780
Apr 20 2012, 03:39 PM
Didn't one of PASSIONS days last like 3 or 4 months IRL or something crazy like that?

~bl~
Member Avatar

In the 90s, I remember month long "Days" days...when JER did the blackout for example.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Well these "writers" did train under JER, the King of a drawn out day. Too bad they can't be as addictive as him though.

dooldooldool

While it hasn't been updated since the relaunch 2.0, SalemDaze.blogspot.com tracks the events of each of the first 22 "SalemDays" in 2011. Day 23 began on 09-02-2011.

I didn't track actual episode counts, just the activities of key Salemites each day.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 20 2012, 01:16 PM
I decided to keep track of a day in Salem.
That's nothing compared to days in Harmony. Some days on "Passions" would last two or three years, or at least seem like it!!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Mitchapalooza
Apr 20 2012, 06:32 PM
px780
Apr 20 2012, 03:39 PM
Didn't one of PASSIONS days last like 3 or 4 months IRL or something crazy like that?
It did! I remember them wearing the same outfits for months at a time! Haha!

Alin89
Member Avatar

passions was horrible with their pacing.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I believe Sheridan in the pit was all one day in Harmony time.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

darraholic
Apr 22 2012, 01:34 AM
Oh my god - that storyline was AWFUL. I wanted to burn Sheridan's clothes by the end of it. Well, no the middle of it - maybe even before that. I can still picture them now.

Aya
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Apr 22 2012, 01:38 AM
darraholic
Oh my god - that storyline was AWFUL. I wanted to burn Sheridan's clothes by the end of it. Well, no the middle of it - maybe even before that. I can still picture them now.
did someone say Sheridan in the pit?

Posted Image
that sl will forever be the sl that i hate the most...right after the whole Fancy/Luis thing

Passions may have been really horrible with their pacing but it was never a dull day in Harmony, so they get a free pass from me.

onto DAYS's Days...nothing eye catching seems to ever happen in them...maybe once in a blue moon [or once a year in non-soap opera standard time]

davidmiller
Member Avatar

Aya
Apr 22 2012, 05:21 PM
nocturnalblondie
Apr 22 2012, 01:38 AM
darraholic
did someone say Sheridan in the pit?

Posted Image
that sl will forever be the sl that i hate the most...right after the whole Fancy/Luis thing

Passions may have been really horrible with their pacing but it was never a dull day in Harmony, so they get a free pass from me.

onto DAYS's Days...nothing eye catching seems to ever happen in them...maybe once in a blue moon [or once a year in non-soap opera standard time]
Passions! I miss that show. It may have been completely ridiculous most of the time, but it was still more entertaining than Days has been for awhile.

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar
Drake Hogestyn fan FOREVER and for ALWAYS!

Can't say I'm bothered by this if Drake's John goes to the safe house still wearing those jeans! HUNKA HUNKA!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I hated Sheridan. I wish she would have stayed in the pit forever lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply