Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: DAYS Casting New Recurring Male Role; April 30, 2012 Edition
Topic Started: Apr 23 2012, 06:18 PM (3,340 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

This is in the Stuff We Know and Shouldn't Tell You section. That means it may or may not happen.

DAYS is casting a recurring role: Rodney, a 21-28 year old gorgeous African-American or Hispanic male. He is described as "an edgy charismatic bad boy with a heart of gold and a mysterious past. He could be called a bit of a chameleon as he can acclimate to any situation and blend in with any social circles. Rodney's confidence makes him intoxicating to the ladies and intimidating to men."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Can Days give me a young hip black couple?! A couple where the black people actually feel authentically black. (I know that's not pc but its true.)

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar
Drake Hogestyn fan FOREVER and for ALWAYS!

OY! No words anymore!

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

OMG another child of Celest's.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 23 2012, 06:20 PM
Can Days give me a young hip black couple?! A couple where the black people actually feel authentically black. (I know that's not pc but its true.)
They'd have to start with "authentically human" and work their way up from there.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm glad they specified "gorgeous" actor this time. So tired of all these fugly/normal-looking people getting on tv just because they have some level of acting talent.

annie21

"heart of gold and a mysterious past" Translation: the writers are too lazy to give this person a real personality with layers and family connections and an actual history. They're just going to write a generic, middle-of-the-road, edgy-but-not-too-edgy, bland, cardboard cutout with a pretty face/body who can be mixed and matched in insta-pairings at the whim of TPTB.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Key word here is recurring. It's likely just a character to fulfill a role in a story and that's it. Tomlin did alot of this in 2009 (Mia, Baker, etc). If they work out and develop a following, they stay.

Aldo
Member Avatar

SOD published couple of weeks ago in the same section that Days was casting a new young guy and were screen testing the candidates with Camila Banus.

I wonder if this is the same thing since it can be a Hispanic male and Camila is of Hispanic descent.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Aliaron
I'm down for a hot black guy! While I agree with you, what some consider "authentic" can be downright stereotypical :shame: . I'm hoping for the best, though.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 23 2012, 06:39 PM
Aliaron
I'm down for a hot black guy! While I agree with you, what some consider "authentic" can be downright stereotypical :shame: . I'm hoping for the best, though.
I would love a 25-30 year old black female to shake up the current 30 something group. Maybe someone similar to Crystal who was around in 2008, she seemed to be fairly well liked.

leela46

I hope they do a good job in this casting. I know they said he could possibly be Hispanic, but Days badly needs young African-American characters. Celeste's son is a good start but they need more. I hope we see a casting call for a young strong sexy African-American woman soon.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't mind Tomlin/Whitesell bringing in new characters in the 20-something age range. I do hope this casting doesn't do anything to Cameron's place on the show. I'm really enjoying him so far and don't want to see him go anywhere.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

JtSmarts
Apr 23 2012, 06:46 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 23 2012, 06:39 PM
Aliaron
I would love a 25-30 year old black female to shake up the current 30 something group. Maybe someone similar to Crystal who was around in 2008, she seemed to be fairly well liked.

leela46
Apr 23 2012, 07:56 PM
I hope they do a good job in this casting. I know they said he could possibly be Hispanic, but Days badly needs young African-American characters. Celeste's son is a good start but they need more. I hope we see a casting call for a young strong sexy African-American woman soon.

I would love to see a African American female on canvas in that 30s group, like a young Phylicia Rashad. She is sexy, strong and doesn't take crap but oozes grace and dignity. They are so many different ways to show a "strong" woman, she doesn't have to obvious or a borderline bitch, ie the easy route. Lexie has a lot of those qualities, which is why she is one of my favorites and why I'm sad to see her go. If the show is looking to increase the number of black characters on the show, I hope they have at least one who is like that.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

leela46
Celeste son is fugly IMO......they can do much better!

King
Member Avatar

Maybe it's a recast for Cameron? Please? LOL.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This better not be true, I am getting sick of this new characters, WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE CORDAY! :rolleyes:

Lil
Member Avatar

leela46
Celeste's son is butt-ugly lol I'm all for seeing a hot African American male.

Lil
Member Avatar

King
Apr 23 2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe it's a recast for Cameron? Please? LOL.
Seriously!!! His chin is as distracting as Lisa Rinna's lips!!! lol

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

a new guy? are u serious? just no comments anymore.Theres no point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply