Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Daytime Emmy Watch
Topic Started: Apr 25 2012, 10:13 AM (1,158 Views)
Ellie

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Daytime-Emmy-Watch-1046438.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Thanks Ellie.

I agree that DAYS will likely not get a nomination based on the submission. Stupid move. Although, it's not like they had a lot to choose from during 2011, which in my opinion was an awful year. I am rooting for OLTL or AMC to take home the award. I wouldn't be upset with B&B either since It's been far and away the best soap of 2011.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Ya, Days didn't have much to choose from.

My guess for Best Drama

GH
AMC
B&B

GH probably winning it.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

My guess...

1. GH
2. OLTL
3. AMC
4. B&B

Winner : GH
Should Win : OLTL

SabrinaD18
Member Avatar

I LOVE how Days continues to submit the grief sex episode as Emmy worthy. While granted, I thought the parallel with Will & Sami and Will & Marlena was excellent writing, the episode itself was flawed, starting with James Scott's OTT acting. And then to have the momentousness of the story dropped a few months later....does WIll even remember it happened? And now it was great sex...... Look how well that episode did for James who has been nominated in the past.

GH, I think, had the best submission. Although, I'm not familiar with B&B. I loved OLTL's Fraternity Row and I thought the writing was excellent but will the Emmy voters vote for it? Maybe.

Deleted User
Deleted User

So Days submitted the beastsex? Well that was a dumb move.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS has no chance at all with Pig Sex episode.

HAHA

Its funny that they actually think that will get them a nomination in the first place.

DAYS deserves all the disrespect it gets from the rest of the industry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I actually think Days has a chance with that submission. It's completely stunt-driven and usually the voters go for that. I actually think the shootout episode was good drama so, to me, they deserve a nomination just for that episode which was well-written and directed.

I like OLTL and AMC's submissions. My only fear is that the AMC submissions might come off too rushed because so much was going on but I would give them the nod.

Those GH episodes rang very hollow for me. They could've been so much better than they were.

B&B IMO doesn't deserve it for those submissions. Much like the GH submissions, I felt nothing. However, B&B had a good 2011 so, if it was about the whole year, I would nominate them alongside OLTL and AMc. It isn't though. It's about the two submissions and, based on what the voters usually go for, I think it's OLTL and Days that have the best shots along with AMC. However, I could easily see Y&R surprising and knocking one of the three out. Y&R seems to always get nominated even when they don't deserve it. I feel they have the worst submissions of the bunch, to be honest.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PhoenixRising05
Apr 25 2012, 11:24 AM
I actually think Days has a chance with that submission. It's completely stunt-driven and usually the voters go for that. I actually think the shootout episode was good drama so, to me, they deserve a nomination just for that episode which was well-written and directed.

I like OLTL and AMC's submissions. My only fear is that the AMC submissions might come off too rushed because so much was going on but I would give them the nod.

Those GH episodes rang very hollow for me. They could've been so much better than they were.

B&B IMO doesn't deserve it for those submissions. Much like the GH submissions, I felt nothing. However, B&B had a good 2011 so, if it was about the whole year, I would nominate them alongside OLTL and AMc. It isn't though. It's about the two submissions and, based on what the voters usually go for, I think it's OLTL and Days that have the best shots along with AMC. However, I could easily see Y&R surprising and knocking one of the three out. Y&R seems to always get nominated even when they don't deserve it. I feel they have the worst submissions of the bunch, to be honest.
I would agree with you about DAYS if Ali Sweeney or James Scott scored nominations, because those are the episodes they submitted as well, and BOTH were not even pre-nommed with those tapes, making me think voters did not care for the episode.

reagon

I have to disagree about Days. I think the Emmys tend to look at the edgy preachy stuff and stuff that's outside the Normal soap box. That's why I don't think OLTL will win. I think AMCs submission overall was the best in terms of content, performances but it's very traditional soap. GH had the edgy groundbreaking stuff with the Luke centric episode and B&B has the preachy socially relevant stuff covered with the Homeless episodes. It will be between GH and B&B. Me I'd like b&B to win again only because I like Brad Bell and he seems to appreciate their wins.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Apr 25 2012, 11:25 AM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 25 2012, 11:24 AM

I would agree with you about DAYS if Ali Sweeney or James Scott scored nominations, because those are the episodes they submitted as well, and BOTH were not even pre-nommed with those tapes, making me think voters did not care for the episode.
I don't think acting nods make a difference in terms of deciding the best drama series category. There have been years where a soap got no acting nods at all and still got a best drama series nod.

In fact, when Days was nominated for the plane crash episode, I don't believe anyone from Days got an actual acting nod from that episode (and you know someone just had to submit it for consideration) so that shows you that it doesn't really mean anything.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

AMC definitely deserves a nomination for those last two hours. They were perfect soap!

I'm disappointed in OLTL's submissions. They had so much to go on, and I feel like they chose the wrong material. I guess you could say they're coming out of left field with the Fraternity Row-centered episode, since no one else will have an episode like that submitted. And the episode was damn funny. I hated the other episode they submitted though. I want to see this show go out with a nomination, but I just don't think it deserves one with the submissions they gave.

GH has a nomination in the bag. There is no way they'll be overlooked with those episodes.

I think DAYS has a chance as well. I loved the Brady Pub shootout episode. Nothing serious may have happened, but I thought it was wonderfully directed. If anything, I hope those episodes were submitted for Outstanding Direction.

B&B is turning into GH when it comes to Emmy bait. I think the show is complete shit all year, save from a few tearjerker episodes the writers actually put some time into to submit for the Emmys. Nothing concerning Steffy/Liam/Hope felt Emmy-worthy to me. Nothing. And of course lets bring out the poor people for Stephanie to pity.

There is nothing about Y&R that deserves a nomination.

So, if there are only three nominations, I'm going with AMC, DAYS and GH. If there are four, I'll add OLTL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply