Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Days Hires New Actor
Topic Started: Apr 25 2012, 01:18 PM (4,417 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

DAYS Hires New Actor

Brant Daugherty, who plays Noel on ABC Family's PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, has nabbed a role on DAYS in a storyline with Will and Sonny. "Shooting an awesome guest star arc on Days of our Lives starting today! I'm excited to see what their process is like. Should be fun!" he tweeted @brantdaugherty, later adding, "Mad respect to the soap stars that do this every day. This schedule is insane!"

Source: Soap Opera Digest
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lumi_are_true_love

Its interesting that their doing a new triangle with this new guy Will and Sonny I wonder which one he'll be attracted to Will or Sonny anyway this should be good and hopefully Will and Sonny still come out on top in the end but I'm glad their mixing it up a bit for Will and Sonny with this new guy and are giving them a story. Thanks for posting this for we all truly appreciate it. I wonder what the new characters name is that this actor will be playing.

Joshua
Member Avatar

Oh, my. He's easy on the eyes :wub:

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I wonder if he was cast before or after MarDar were fired - if it was after, then its a good sign for Will/Sonny story continuing

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Interested to see what they do with his character. And it's also nice to see Tomlin/Whitesell are going to continue the storyline. I just hope it doesn't become too cliche, which MarDar never let it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joshua
Member Avatar

Lumi_are_true_love
Apr 25 2012, 01:23 PM
Its interesting that their doing a new triangle with this new guy Will and Sonny I wonder which one he'll be attracted to Will or Sonny anyway this should be good and hopefully Will and Sonny still come out on top in the end but I'm glad their mixing it up a bit for Will and Sonny with this new guy and are giving them a story. Thanks for posting this for we all truly appreciate it. I wonder what the new characters name is that this actor will be playing.
Are we sure that's what this is? DAYS did a similar arc with that guy who played "Tyler" (who I wish they held on to) during New Years and he was only on for about 3 or 4 episodes. I wonder how many episodes Brant is signed on for.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I like that they got someone that is well known and NOT a has-been. That's always nice. I can't complain about this one.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

He might be well known to some, but I've never heard of him (which doesn't mean anything since I've hardly heard of anyone it seems like).

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah, this would probably only appeal to the younger demo since he's from Pretty Little Liars, but that's what the goal is in the summer so its a smart move. I'm not saying he's going to bring the viewers because he won't and no one will...but at least he doesn't suck??

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm not from the younger demo, and am a fan of Pretty Little Liars. I like him on that show (he plays a douchebag), but it's not enough to make me tune in. Throwing away vets and bringing on a bunch of guest stars and younger actors is not going to bring the ratings back up.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I don't mind it because he's coming in for a specific storyline purpose. I have to wonder if he's going to play Sonny's self-centered ex he briefly referenced a few weeks ago.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like this. It shows the show is still committed to Will/Sonny under the new regime. Hopefully, this means more focus on Sonny and not just all the focus being on Will.

Plus, it's a guest star arc. If the character is a success, he may stick around. I like that. Tomlin seems to enjoy doing that and I think it works. He's not taking anyone's place. He's just coming in for a purpose and, more than likely, will leave once it's fulfilled unless they get a good response and decide to keep him.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Guest Stars are welcomed. I too, am glad to see Will and Sonny get to play out their SL. :thumbsup:
Edited by Dreamer, Apr 25 2012, 03:32 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Good to see they are writing SOMETHING for WilSon :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Wow! I'm shocked they nabbed this guy! He's actually not a bad actor! Liked him on PLL!

Beth
Member Avatar

I don't mind short arcs with new characters. I think it's a great way to contain costs.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

cyndabell

This just feels like what they could've and should've already done with Tyler, who was both cute and fun. Really, this is the deadest gay story ever as evidenced by Will and Sonny being almost MIA and getting nowhere fast. Rest assured, MarDar didn't do anything substantive with this and Tomlin/Whitesell won't either. Ken Corday's wrath will see to that. They are stringing the audience along with this and doing it quite well.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

I hope he's Will new boyfriend! They'd look cute!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sariah
Apr 25 2012, 02:04 PM
I'm not from the younger demo, and am a fan of Pretty Little Liars. I like him on that show (he plays a douchebag), but it's not enough to make me tune in. Throwing away vets and bringing on a bunch of guest stars and younger actors is not going to bring the ratings back up.

Exactly.
Get rid of CC but bring in a bunch of newbies. Then again, he is good on PLL.

That, and I'll be he will show up with the hots for Sonny, then flirt with Will, then have unexpected sex with Sonny, then fall in love with Will, then share a connection with Sonny, but walk in the next room and make out with Will.
Isn't that how they write a couple?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply