Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chandler Massey Interview with BuzzWorthy Radio!
Topic Started: Apr 27 2012, 11:26 PM (2,584 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/index.php?id=836

Chandler Massey stars in the NBC Daytime soap, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, playing the character of Will Horton. In one of the most talked about storylines at the moment, the character recently came out as gay to Dr. Marlena Evans. Massey briefly told us what it was like to film those scenes:

"I LOVED shooting these scenes. I was always coming to work and playing these scenes with so much conflict, sadness, and pain. I do the scenes and go home, and I would be all stressed out. I'm pissed off and angry, and I go, 'Why am I so angry?' I would do the scenes and get deeper and deeper into it, and finally filming the scenes with Deidre where Will finally said, 'I'm gay,' a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders, as was Will's. It was a rare moment of happiness and joy in a soap."

While it looks to be some tension between Will's parents, fans cannot help but wonder how his relationship with EJ (James Scott) will come into play. Massey clued us in on what we can see in the Sami/Lucas/Will/EJ dynamic:

"As far as Sami goes, there's always a bone to pick with Sami for Will. That doesn't change, and it gets worse when it's time for him to come out to his family. Lucas and Will, on the other hand, never had a whole lot of interaction. Coming up, there are some really nice scenes with Lucas/Will where we finally get to see the father/son bond. With EJ, Will's relationship with him keeps getting more complex and interesting. It's one of my favorite relationships Will has on the show. Will is working for EJ. He learns to think like EJ, and starts to emulate him. It obviously creates conflict when Lucas finds out what Will is getting into."

What's a soap without some type of romance? Could Will be finding a love interest of his own? Massey teased with this popular phrase:

"Stay tuned..."

To download the interview in its entirety with Chandler Massey, click the following link: http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/podcasts/chandlermassey.mp3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good interview!!

CM likes Ejill too!! :cheer:

I love their scenes.

Will emulating EJ... :wub:

Thanks for sharing!

Aldo
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Apr 27 2012, 11:26 PM
http://www.buzzworthyradio.net/index.php?id=836

What's a soap without some type of romance? Could Will be finding a love interest of his own? Massey teased with this popular phrase:

"Stay tuned..."
I heard the interview and Chandler was all laughs after the question was asked and then answered Stay tuned...

WilSon :wub: :wub: :cheer: :rockon:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Thanks for posting this!
Ejill *sigh* :cloud9:

James&AriFan
Member Avatar

Love Chandler, Love Ejill and LOVE Wilson

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Love that he enjoys spending time with Ej, I became a fan of Will when he was sharing scenes with my favorite character.

And I am not bias at all :P

Aliaron
Member Avatar

With every interview I realize CM doesn't know his character's history at all. Lackey ignorant Will is not a joy to watch. If it wasn't for him being gay people would be tired of him by now.

Give me Will with a plan. A man who is loyal to more than just himself, who cares for more than just himself and who is more than just a Dimera bitch!
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 28 2012, 11:28 AM.

Helpless Romantic

Aliaron
Apr 28 2012, 11:22 AM
With every interview I realize CM doesn't know his character's history at all. Lackey ignorant Will is not a joy to watch. If it wasn't for him being gay people would be tired of him by now.
I disagree and lets not forget that it was SAMI who brouught EJ into Will's life and it is Sami who has chosen as a grown woman to first turn her back on her family to comply with Dimera demands leaving Will heartbroken over losing said family and now most recently has chosen to work for Stefano. Just to pathetically stick it to Kate while whining to Lucas that mommy and daddy werent there when she was little. All because of Stefano. So if you're going to rag on Will who is 18 the same should been done with Sami who is no longer a teen but a mother of 4 sure not acting like it. Will is Scami's carbon copy, not to mention Lucas worked for Andre too and Will is alot more mature even now than Sami is. I look forward to him giving her a hard time. Payback is a bitch and I'm still not convinced he isn't playing EJ in some way. GO WILL Sami has always put her men above her own son and has no loyalty to her family and would rather accept "gifts" from the Dimera's than to actually TRY To work on her familial relationships. Will HAS shown Sami loyalty. Only a son who really loves his mother would be willing to go to prison for her and cover for her ungratetful ass after shooting a man in the head. Then she goes and sleeps with said man a SECOND time. That Will sees this time and understandably feels betrayed. So I can understand how Wil has reached this point with Sami but again only SHE matters above all else and who she will fuck and then throw away when the next man comes knocking. Will is AWESOME! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Apr 28 2012, 11:54 AM.

Shadow
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recap. I love Will, not because he's gay, but because he has complex relationships with so many characters on the show. Chandler plays these complexities well for an actor his age and does a good job crawling around in Will's psyche.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Will is one of the few characters I'm enjoying right now. :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Hopeless_Dreamer
Apr 28 2012, 04:46 PM
Me too and hes not on nearly enough. :wub: :wub: I want more Will!!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Helpless Romantic
Apr 28 2012, 04:53 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Apr 28 2012, 04:46 PM
Me too and hes not on nearly enough. :wub: :wub: I want more Will!!!!!
He's one I can't seem to get enough of. Also hope to see more of Sonny too. They are both just :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

CarlD2

Wasn't Lucas a major part of Will's life for quite a few years?

I think they had a lot of ideas for Will on paper but many of them haven't translated that well onscreen, especially regarding his family relationships. I get that it's nice he hates Sami or wants to hang around EJ but I haven't seen a lot of motivation.

CarlD2

Helpless Romantic
Apr 28 2012, 11:30 AM
Aliaron
I disagree and lets not forget that it was SAMI who brouught EJ into Will's life and it is Sami who has chosen as a grown woman to first turn her back on her family to comply with Dimera demands leaving Will heartbroken over losing said family and now most recently has chosen to work for Stefano. Just to pathetically stick it to Kate while whining to Lucas that mommy and daddy werent there when she was little. All because of Stefano. So if you're going to rag on Will who is 18 the same should been done with Sami who is no longer a teen but a mother of 4 sure not acting like it. Will is Scami's carbon copy, not to mention Lucas worked for Andre too and Will is alot more mature even now than Sami is. I look forward to him giving her a hard time. Payback is a bitch and I'm still not convinced he isn't playing EJ in some way. GO WILL Sami has always put her men above her own son and has no loyalty to her family and would rather accept "gifts" from the Dimera's than to actually TRY To work on her familial relationships. Will HAS shown Sami loyalty. Only a son who really loves his mother would be willing to go to prison for her and cover for her ungratetful ass after shooting a man in the head. Then she goes and sleeps with said man a SECOND time. That Will sees this time and understandably feels betrayed. So I can understand how Wil has reached this point with Sami but again only SHE matters above all else and who she will fuck and then throw away when the next man comes knocking. Will is AWESOME! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What confuses me is Will's relationships with other people. For instance, he behaved as if Rafe was his father. He was furious about EJ/Sami because of losing Rafe from the family and the kids won't have a father. Yet he has no reaction to Rafe cheating with Carrie, or to Rafe claiming he's fathered Nicole's unborn child, or to Rafe waving goodbye to the kids, who supposedly needed him. Does he just not care anymore?

I don't get the Will/Lucas relationship now either.

A character like this suffers with poorly defined family relationships.
Edited by CarlD2, Apr 29 2012, 12:24 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 29 2012, 12:17 AM
Wasn't Lucas a major part of Will's life for quite a few years?

I think they had a lot of ideas for Will on paper but many of them haven't translated that well onscreen, especially regarding his family relationships. I get that it's nice he hates Sami or wants to hang around EJ but I haven't seen a lot of motivation.
i have all will clips from days since he was baby

Pre 2009 the closest perosn to will was lucas

in 2009 when try sell hard rafe as love love interest they so they try to sell rafe as will father father figure to will while dismiss his bond with own father by 2010 BD was already fired and lucas left to china and lucas was written like he never exist in will life since than if watch on 2011 on will Graduation sami and rafe mention will as their child the only family member was there from lucas side is abby and she came to chad and lucas is not even mention

marlena never been on top 5 list of people close to will the bond only strat on 2011
kate and austin were more closer to will and they barely near him now

unless will plan something against ej will hang around EJ is really unbelievable in so many aspects and i not talking about the fact will should be older than ej

CarlD2

Yeah, I know that Lucas had a lot of conflicts with Sami and he also had his share of personal problems, but the rewrites that Lucas wasn't around and Rafe or EJ are true fathers to him baffle me. I just don't buy most of Will's scenes with these characters, because I don't understand them.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 29 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I know that Lucas had a lot of conflicts with Sami and he also had his share of personal problems, but the rewrites that Lucas wasn't around and Rafe or EJ are true fathers to him baffle me. I just don't buy most of Will's scenes with these characters, because I don't understand them.
i know where you come from

i not really consider myself austin fan but if his salem he should have been in will story after lucas austin always been the closet male to will

my major problems with rafe and ej were never been because i lumi fan its because major rewrite they write in order to make their Characters work

when sami was with rafe rewrite stuff with sami past despite rafe consider good i could never even buy the relationship because all the rewrites

and ej his everthing about his character and everthing written in his orbit its major rewrites
i not even chloe fan and i hate the writers wrote how chloe parents does not seem to care
and how abby rewrite stuff about her and jack and ect....

both abby and will grow up on show and they barley soras and the writes try to sell us the never been close th their father despie we saw it diffrently

sami been gymnast its not big deal to deal compare the rewrite and stuff they try sell in last few years
this the biggest problems on show in last few years
the past even they made tiny rewrite now they make big rewrites amd most times they are in order to sell the newest newbie on show
thi
i think my biggest problem i know know too much history of the show i know so many things even simply stuff like dates and birthday date despite i see even fans of the characters birthdays of will lucas sami austin carrie
Billie abby Maggie ej and ect....

its could been way more powerfull for will when johny was missing if they remind the viewers its will birthday that day

i know i know too much histoy compare to other people because how many for exmaple on
lucas first met marlena on 7 may 1993 or john and marlena had sex on plane on 5 february 1993 or Marlena & Eugene's wedding which been 19 april 1984 or Calliope & Eugene's wedding this why so noticeable when they do major rewrites unlike other people i seen people who start watch days around 3 or 2 years ago and beofre lucas and some of them thought rafe is will father until lucas came back this year

CarlD2

What bothers me most with rewrites is when they are pointless. There was no point in making Dan Maggie's son, or in the Lucas/Will stuff. There's no followup. There was none with Will/Rafe, and the EJ/Will relationship seemed to be popular mostly because of the chemistry between JS and CM, and because of Sami hatred, not for some father/son dynamic. They can still have a complex relationship without any of the "EJ is the father Lucas never was."

You're right, Austin would have made more sense as a part of this story.

As it is now, the writers could pair Sami with that parrot guy from Aremid, and say, "that parrot guy from Aremid was there for Will as a child and is a true father to him."
Edited by CarlD2, Apr 29 2012, 03:04 AM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I LOVE Chandler and I love this interview! Thanks Na'Vell! :)

Helpless Romantic

CarlD2
Apr 29 2012, 12:22 AM
Helpless Romantic
Apr 28 2012, 11:30 AM
Aliaron

What confuses me is Will's relationships with other people. For instance, he behaved as if Rafe was his father. He was furious about EJ/Sami because of losing Rafe from the family and the kids won't have a father. Yet he has no reaction to Rafe cheating with Carrie, or to Rafe claiming he's fathered Nicole's unborn child, or to Rafe waving goodbye to the kids, who supposedly needed him. Does he just not care anymore?

I don't get the Will/Lucas relationship now either.

A character like this suffers with poorly defined family relationships.
Will and Rafe have a friendship and I took him being furious not that she specifically did it to Rafe but that she wrecked another seemingly stable family again. I mean he was angry when she left Lucas to marry EJ and here she was again choosing to betray the family again by sleeping with EJ and destroying the stability Will grew acostomed to. I understand his anger. All Will has had to hear from Sami is how bad and evil EJ and the Dimeras are but doesn't take her own advice and ends up being a hypocrite because what does she do? Turn to the Dimera's ignoring her family. For that reason I get that Will is fed up with his mother and her crap especially because he has seen how Rafe has treated her VS how EJ has and while Rafe kissed Carrie and knew it was wrong she decided to sex up EJ again and then totally blame Rafe and throw him out of his apartment while being dishonest and by not realizing that she was wrong just hoping her mistake would go away. So I can see where Will is not very sympathetic to Sami but is to Rafe more so. This isn't the first time she did this and Will has just had enough. As to his relationship with Lucas they definately need more scenes because it seems with the few scenes at least for now that he is more concerned about Sami at this point. I really hope that changes and that like CM said we see the bond btwn them in upcoming or any future scenes.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Apr 29 2012, 09:36 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply