Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Chandler Massey Interview with BuzzWorthy Radio!
Topic Started: Apr 27 2012, 11:26 PM (2,611 Views)
Lil
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Apr 28 2012, 11:30 AM
Aliaron
Apr 28 2012, 11:22 AM
With every interview I realize CM doesn't know his character's history at all. Lackey ignorant Will is not a joy to watch. If it wasn't for him being gay people would be tired of him by now.
I disagree and lets not forget that it was SAMI who brouught EJ into Will's life and it is Sami who has chosen as a grown woman to first turn her back on her family to comply with Dimera demands leaving Will heartbroken over losing said family and now most recently has chosen to work for Stefano. Just to pathetically stick it to Kate while whining to Lucas that mommy and daddy werent there when she was little. All because of Stefano. So if you're going to rag on Will who is 18 the same should been done with Sami who is no longer a teen but a mother of 4 sure not acting like it. Will is Scami's carbon copy, not to mention Lucas worked for Andre too and Will is alot more mature even now than Sami is. I look forward to him giving her a hard time. Payback is a bitch and I'm still not convinced he isn't playing EJ in some way. GO WILL Sami has always put her men above her own son and has no loyalty to her family and would rather accept "gifts" from the Dimera's than to actually TRY To work on her familial relationships. Will HAS shown Sami loyalty. Only a son who really loves his mother would be willing to go to prison for her and cover for her ungratetful ass after shooting a man in the head. Then she goes and sleeps with said man a SECOND time. That Will sees this time and understandably feels betrayed. So I can understand how Wil has reached this point with Sami but again only SHE matters above all else and who she will fuck and then throw away when the next man comes knocking. Will is AWESOME! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
:wub: :hail:

So much THIS!!!

Sami deserves every nasty thing Will does/says to her . She has screwed with his life since before he was even born. Payback is a total bitch and I hope that Will always resents her. and he is delightfully hilarious when he does get his digs in lol... Plus where he was essentially without personality thru his tween/teen years, I think it's wonderful that now that he is technically an adult he isn't taking shit from anyone anymore. Love him. and his gay s/l is just a cherry on the cake for me because CM is a good enough actor to pull it all off. Would rather watch him with anyone than watch the Sami/Rafe/Chad & Melanie show.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Lil
Apr 30 2012, 09:09 AM
Helpless Romantic
Apr 28 2012, 11:30 AM
Aliaron
With every interview I realize CM doesn't know his character's history at all. Lackey ignorant Will is not a joy to watch. If it wasn't for him being gay people would be tired of him by now.
I disagree and lets not forget that it was SAMI who brouught EJ into Will's life and it is Sami who has chosen as a grown woman to first turn her back on her family to comply with Dimera demands leaving Will heartbroken over losing said family and now most recently has chosen to work for Stefano. Just to pathetically stick it to Kate while whining to Lucas that mommy and daddy werent there when she was little. All because of Stefano. So if you're going to rag on Will who is 18 the same should been done with Sami who is no longer a teen but a mother of 4 sure not acting like it. Will is Scami's carbon copy, not to mention Lucas worked for Andre too and Will is alot more mature even now than Sami is. I look forward to him giving her a hard time. Payback is a bitch and I'm still not convinced he isn't playing EJ in some way. GO WILL Sami has always put her men above her own son and has no loyalty to her family and would rather accept "gifts" from the Dimera's than to actually TRY To work on her familial relationships. Will HAS shown Sami loyalty. Only a son who really loves his mother would be willing to go to prison for her and cover for her ungratetful ass after shooting a man in the head. Then she goes and sleeps with said man a SECOND time. That Will sees this time and understandably feels betrayed. So I can understand how Wil has reached this point with Sami but again only SHE matters above all else and who she will fuck and then throw away when the next man comes knocking. Will is AWESOME! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
:wub: :hail:

So much THIS!!!

Sami deserves every nasty thing Will does/says to her . She has screwed with his life since before he was even born. Payback is a total bitch and I hope that Will always resents her. and he is delightfully hilarious when he does get his digs in lol... Plus where he was essentially without personality thru his tween/teen years, I think it's wonderful that now that he is technically an adult he isn't taking shit from anyone anymore. Love him. and his gay s/l is just a cherry on the cake for me because CM is a good enough actor to pull it all off. Would rather watch him with anyone than watch the Sami/Rafe/Chad & Melanie show.
Chandler Massey is my absolute favourite Will! He just has IT and brings it to every scene. I never really liked the curly haired Will. Dylan Patton was an improvement to him but CM beats both of them by a landslide. I only ever liked the boys that played toddler Will and after they left the young blue eyed Will that also gave Sami a hard time LOL. After everything she REALLY needs to see the hell she put Marlena and John through as a teen and what better person to give it to her than Will? I also LOVE that he is so close with Marlena amd hope their closeness continues with the new regime. :wub:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

CarlD2
Apr 29 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I know that Lucas had a lot of conflicts with Sami and he also had his share of personal problems, but the rewrites that Lucas wasn't around and Rafe or EJ are true fathers to him baffle me. I just don't buy most of Will's scenes with these characters, because I don't understand them.
I completely agree and that is why I just hope that at least with Ej, Will is planning to take him down sooner or later.....just like Ej held onto the information he had for years until he could utilize it at the most opportune time, I'm hoping Will is doing the same. If not then it seriously is rather stupid....and I still don't get how he could be so attached to Rafe, he's known him for about two and a half years. Not to say that some of the family arguments he was making in regards to Sami while with Rafe weren't valid but Will has the Sami syndrome, he needs to look in the mirror..if he didn't shoot Ej in 2007, we can argue that HIS family might still be together...not a manufactured one with Rafe.....

Helpless Romantic

LuvingLumi
Apr 30 2012, 09:28 AM
CarlD2
Apr 29 2012, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I know that Lucas had a lot of conflicts with Sami and he also had his share of personal problems, but the rewrites that Lucas wasn't around and Rafe or EJ are true fathers to him baffle me. I just don't buy most of Will's scenes with these characters, because I don't understand them.
I completely agree and that is why I just hope that at least with Ej, Will is planning to take him down sooner or later.....just like Ej held onto the information he had for years until he could utilize it at the most opportune time, I'm hoping Will is doing the same. If not then it seriously is rather stupid....and I still don't get how he could be so attached to Rafe, he's known him for about two and a half years. Not to say that some of the family arguments he was making in regards to Sami while with Rafe weren't valid but Will has the Sami syndrome, he needs to look in the mirror..if he didn't shoot Ej in 2007, we can argue that HIS family might still be together...not a manufactured one with Rafe.....
Will was a child and still is a child. Sami is not and if Sami didn't get it in her head that she needed to save the Brady's Will wouldn't have felt the need to shoot EJ. Sami chose to walk out on Will's family and in an act of desperation and rebellion he shot EJ. Perfectly understanable for a guy of his age who all he has ever wanted was a family with his parents and when he saw that was a no go got used to the family provided by Rafe who was always good to Will and friendly. So I can see why Will grew to like Rafe. He treated all of Will's siblings and his mother like gold after his real family was taken away. So I understand the admiration and respect btwn Will and Rafe. Will felt again that he mattered and that his opinion did too. Also Sami has NEVER looked in the mirror herself about her treatment of Marlena for YEARS well into adulthood. Continuing even now. So Will doesn't need to look at ANY mirrors if his mother didn't to reflect on her own life and treatment of her parents. Will has been a lot more tame in how he has treated Sami in comparison to how Sami has disrespected Marlena at every turn even AFTER her own infidelity. But at least Marlena LOVED John and didn't excuse what she did and WANTED to tell the truth. So the way Will is acting now is completely justified after everything he has been subjected to in his life because of Sami and her obsessive reactionary tendancies.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Apr 30 2012, 09:47 AM.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
If I woke from a coma and Channing Tatum told me he was my husband... I'd Believe Him!

Why EJ is involved in this storyline just baffles me. Can't he stay out of one that is none of his business. So stupid.

mae
Member Avatar

Aliaron

Give me Will with a plan. A man who is loyal to more than just himself, who cares for more than just himself and who is more than just a Dimera bitch!
I completely disagree that CM doesn't know his character at all. Just from this interview, he sounds spot on.

"As far as Sami goes, there's always a bone to pick with Sami for Will." - I think this is true.
"Lucas and Will, on the other hand, never had a whole lot of interaction." - I would agree.
"With EJ, Will's relationship with him keeps getting more complex and interesting." - It does evolve on screen a good bit.

Also, greatly disagree with "If it wasn't for him being gay people would be tired of him by now." There are only two current actors on Days that cross a boundary for me to where their talent as an actor actually transcends their character: Zucker and Massey. There have also been some blip moments from Ashley Benson. At times, I become more interested in their portrayal rather than their story line. If the EJ/Will relationship is one of CM's favorites, then that's perfect because if the actor enjoys it, I think his portrayal will be fantastic.

Will has been loyal to his family. It's just the majority of his family have never put him first. I'd have thought he'd be closer to Carrie and Austin since he lived with them during his teen years. How weird that he lived at Kiriakis' mansion from 1995 to 2007, and has no interaction with Victor. The only thing that I do miss is the on screen depiction of how Kate so fiercely loves Will.

The character of Will has the most connected roots in all of Salem. You have an actor who is outstanding. It'd be nice if DOOL peeps would realize what they have in front of them instead of ultimately being a show centered on Days of Sami Brady. Like my grandmother always said, you plant a tater, you get a tater.

CarlD2

On paper, Will has the most roots, but onscreen, his relationships seem very thin to me. He has the same scenes with a very limited amount of characters, again and again, with very little motivation - he hates Sami because she broke up a happy family he seemed to lose interest in about five minutes after this betrayal that was supposedly so terrible, he loves EJ for the exact same thing, et al.

I don't really see a character when I see Will. I see talk about how great Chandler Massey is, and about how Will hates Sami or likes EJ or likes Marlena, but that's more him reacting or Massey giving a performance than any real characterization. It's one of the reasons I can't invest in the character. Hopefully now that MarDar are gone this might improve.
Edited by CarlD2, Apr 30 2012, 11:58 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Apr 30 2012, 11:57 PM
On paper, Will has the most roots, but onscreen, his relationships seem very thin to me. He has the same scenes with a very limited amount of characters, again and again, with very little motivation - he hates Sami because she broke up a happy family he seemed to lose interest in about five minutes after this betrayal that was supposedly so terrible, he loves EJ for the exact same thing, et al.

I don't really see a character when I see Will. I see talk about how great Chandler Massey is, and about how Will hates Sami or likes EJ or likes Marlena, but that's more him reacting or Massey giving a performance than any real characterization. It's one of the reasons I can't invest in the character. Hopefully now that MarDar are gone this might improve.
YES!!!

Will should be mad at Sami for throwing him to the wolves when he protected her identity as the shooter!!!

This whole relationship with Ej doesn't make sense to me either. At least if they would make it appear like Will has a crush on EJ then I could understand.

Also, what a little shit he is saying that to Lucas when the man went to jail for him!!!!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

^^ I get the sense they are going for a story of EJ seducing Will to the dark side. By giving him gifts and power, EJ is winning him over. But I'm sure Will will eventually pay a price for his evil ways and will blame EJ when that happens. I hope that takes awhile though, as I like the slow build they have going on with this story. Plus, CM and JS have awesome chemistry.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 1 2012, 12:51 AM
^^ I get the sense they are going for a story of EJ seducing Will to the dark side. By giving him gifts and power, EJ is winning him over. But I'm sure Will will eventually pay a price for his evil ways and will blame EJ when that happens. I hope that takes awhile though, as I like the slow build they have going on with this story. Plus, CM and JS have awesome chemistry.
I get that too but it's not like Will is poor. I'm sure if he just asked Kate she would have given those things to him. Prior to this, his character has been very mature for his age. Now that Rafe's not around he falls apart? I truly believe that Will has the potential for darkness. He shot EJ, he has a lot of resentment towards Sami, he lived a part of his teen years raising the kids, he was attracted to Stefano's seduction in 2010 but after the wedding he shut that out. Maybe if Will would have still had a soft spot for Stefano even afterwards.

CarlD2

The question I have about EJ seducing Will to the dark side and this tearing Will from his family is that they spend so much time showing EJ as a decent guy, suffering for his sins, and Sami's relationship with EJ is so on-off, with Sami never staying angry at EJ for too long. It kind of undercuts Sami's anger over EJ and Will, and the story itself, when she has such vague feelings on EJ. The other part of the story is that Will is torn between EJ, this guy we're supposed to like and feel sorry for, and Lucas, this guy they never bother to show him with, and according to the show, he has no real relationship with?
Edited by CarlD2, May 1 2012, 02:40 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
May 1 2012, 01:00 AM
tomsawyer
May 1 2012, 12:51 AM
I get that too but it's not like Will is poor. I'm sure if he just asked Kate she would have given those things to him. Prior to this, his character has been very mature for his age. Now that Rafe's not around he falls apart? I truly believe that Will has the potential for darkness. He shot EJ, he has a lot of resentment towards Sami, he lived a part of his teen years raising the kids, he was attracted to Stefano's seduction in 2010 but after the wedding he shut that out. Maybe if Will would have still had a soft spot for Stefano even afterwards.
I think the way they built the Ejill relationship makes it somewhat believable. First, they started with Will being forced to do EJ's bidding because of what EJ had on him. Then, they showed Will seeing how mad the relationship with EJ made Sami, which of course thrilled him. Next, they started in with the gifts - big ones that are likely to turn the head of a 18-year-old young man. Finally, they showed why Will may actually like working for EJ because of the power it gave him. And most important of all, they still show them as being pretty hostile toward toward each other. Will might like the benefit of working for EJ, but they are being careful to not show Will as really liking EJ yet.

Ejill has actually gotten a slower, more step-by-step build than most couples on this show, LOL.

@CarlD2, it feels like MarDar shifted their writing for EJ after the Ejill story began. The steps toward softening up EJ (his sadness over Nicole/their baby, him being nice to Sami, his tears over Lexie's diagnosis, his hurt at Stefano's betrayal) have all come within the last month or so. So, I wouldn't be surprised for him to start showing genuine concern for Will as well (in fact, he already did in the scenes with Marlena). Not sure why the story shifted toward redeeming EJ to some degree, but it seems to be a recent new development.

Lil
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
May 1 2012, 12:06 AM
CarlD2
Apr 30 2012, 11:57 PM

YES!!!

Will should be mad at Sami for throwing him to the wolves when he protected her identity as the shooter!!!

This whole relationship with Ej doesn't make sense to me either. At least if they would make it appear like Will has a crush on EJ then I could understand.

Also, what a little shit he is saying that to Lucas when the man went to jail for him!!!!

I dunno...I look at part of it as him being 18 too. Of course he's going to do and say shitty things to both his parents. Sami deserves it. Lucas only deserves a little and only because he's involving himself with the Beast again for which he should be dope-slapped. (although if the Beast must stay, I prefer she stay with Lucas...don't wish to go through more Stepford-Beast with Rafe or gross sex with EJ)

Lil
Member Avatar

But yeah...I think Will is one of the few characters on this show that has been thought out well. Or maybe CM's performances just make it appear that way lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply