Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Picks Up Big Brother-like Show
Topic Started: May 1 2012, 04:10 PM (1,314 Views)
King
Member Avatar

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/abc-orders-big-brother-type-competition-reality-series-for-summer/

Quote:

ABC has picked up The Glass House, a competition reality series in the vein of Big Brother. It is set to premiere June 18 and is executive produced by former Big Brother producer Kenny Rosen. Described as an interactive real-life and real-time reality competition, Glass House features 14 contestants living and competing for a quarter million dollars in a wired, state-of-the-art house, playing against each other as well as for the viewers’ online votes that will help determine which contestants are sent home and also which eliminated players will earn the chance to return.

Also like Big Brother, Glass House will have an online component as several times a week viewers can watch a live online feed of the players. In this case, the audience can vote and decide everything from what players wear and eat to the games they play, even where they sleep. Viewers will also have the chance to give their favorite contestants feedback on their game from outside the house.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Sounds lame, but I'll check it out. Haha.

Mason
Member Avatar

It's a total BB rip-off, but I like that the audience can influence who goes/stays -- and also that we can actually tell them who we love/hate, LoL.

I might actually try it just to fill the void left by Big Brother (since I probably won't be watching that this year).

King
Member Avatar

You always say that! You'll be watching BB too! ;)

Kenny
Member Avatar

I like that it's interactive (like BB used to be) and I like that it plays out in real time, but I hate that America gets to decide who stays and who goes. That means all the interesting personalities will go first and everyone else will play fake to the cameras so America will like them.

I much prefer the strategy of a Survivor-like game. It's much more dramatic that way. Social experiment + lying and backstabbing + big money at stake + an interesting cast = good TV.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

King
May 1 2012, 06:24 PM
Well, we'll see, LoL. After three seasons in a row that I've hated (especially the last two), I'm not overly optimistic...

You might be right, though.
Edited by Mason, May 1 2012, 06:53 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Kenny
May 1 2012, 06:39 PM
I like that it's interactive (like BB used to be) and I like that it plays out in real time, but I hate that America gets to decide who stays and who goes. That means all the interesting personalities will go first and everyone else will play fake to the cameras so America will like them.

I much prefer the strategy of a Survivor-like game. It's much more dramatic that way. Social experiment + lying and backstabbing + big money at stake + an interesting cast = good TV.
Not always. Plenty of interesting people have had long runs and wins in the UK version using the viewer votes.

Janelle would have likely won if it'd been in the viewers hands. And Rachel would have been evicted the moment she was nominated.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
May 1 2012, 06:52 PM
King
May 1 2012, 06:24 PM
Well, we'll see, LoL. After three seasons in a row that I've hated (especially the last two), I'm not overly optimistic...

You might be right, though.
I still don't know why you didn't like BB11. I thought that season was great. The house vs. Ronnie. Ronnie vs. Russell. Russell vs. Chima. Lydia vs. Natalie. Jeff vs. Jessie. Crazy Michele. Lydia threatening to cut herself. Casey's amazing eviction speech. "What are you, his put bull?! Go make Jessie a sandwich!" Coup D'etat. Jessie's widows mourning his loss. Chima's meltdown. Lydia's meltdown. It was great!

Mason
Member Avatar

My problem with BB11 was that there were so few rootable people that season, and the few that actually were rootable were either evicted early (Laura, Casey) or became moronic tools (Jeff, Jordan, Michele), so that, by the end of the season, I didn't want anyone to win.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
May 1 2012, 07:19 PM
My problem with BB11 was that there were so few rootable people that season, and the few that actually were rootable were either evicted early (Laura, Casey) or became moronic tools (Jeff, Jordan, Michele), so that, by the end of the season, I didn't want anyone to win.
I can understand that. That's how I felt about BB9.

Still, BB11 delivered the drama, LoL.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Meh at BB11. Gnatalie just ruined that season for me. Big Brother 10 was my last favorite.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

BB10 was definitely the last good year, conveniently when they took a back to basics approach. Wonder why ...

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I'll watch! I don't like that America votes who stays and who goes though. That just bothers me for some reason.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Sounds weird! I wish ABC would bring back The Mole! That was one of my favorite reality shows - especially when Anderson Cooper hosted.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
May 1 2012, 08:56 PM
Meh at BB11. Gnatalie just ruined that season for me. Big Brother 10 was my last favorite.
That season goes down in history as one of BB greatest seasons IMO

1.) BB6
2.) BB7
3.) BB10
4.) BB3
5.) BB8

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

My top 5 would be BB3, BB10, BB6, BB7 & BB4.

LoL I love how Big Brother talk totally hijacked this show already.

I would love for The Mole to return minus the celebrity crap. I loved that show.

Alin89
Member Avatar

the mole was the bomb.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Alin89
May 3 2012, 12:19 AM
the mole was the bomb.
I know right? This got me thinking how much I miss it. :(

I actually found out that Australia had 5 seasons (or something like that), and they're all on YouTube. I'm going to check those out!

Alin89
Member Avatar

we should have a petition to bring bak that show.

King
Member Avatar

Drew
May 1 2012, 09:34 PM
BB10 was definitely the last good year, conveniently when they took a back to basics approach. Wonder why ...
EW! NO! LOL!

Hated that season. HATED!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply