Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Shocking Days Deaths!; 5/14 issue
Topic Started: May 3 2012, 02:36 PM (7,016 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SOD: Shocking Days Deaths!

After the safe house explodes, Roman and Shane fear that John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Rafe and Carrie have perished. Fortunately, they survived the blast, thanks to a trapdoor they were able to escape through. In the aftermath, the group realizes that the blast can be used to their advantage.

"John come sup with an idea that everyone in Salem should be told that they're dead," previews Drake Hogestyn (John). "Obviously, it won't be easy, but no one can think they're alive. It will keep Stefano from making another attempt on their lives."

Shane and Roman are assigned the difficult task of reporting that everyone in the safe house is dead. "Lucas is part of the group that hears they're dead," shares Bryan R. Dattilo (Lucas). "People are in shock over the news." Sami, Will, Austin, Billie, Gabi, Nicole, Kayla, Brady and Madison are also given the devastating news. Their shock quickly turns to anger, and it's agreed that Stefano must pay.

"Obviously, this isn't easy on the people being told that their loved ones have died," acknowledges Hogestyn. "Roman and Shane are also in a difficult position, because they have to deliver the news. But in the long run, it's for the best. Shane and Agent Spencer feel pretty confident that it's only a matter of time before they close in on Stefano."

Will slips away and confronts Stefano about the deaths. He questions how Stefano could have killed everyone that Will loves, especially after everything that he's done for the DiMera manipulator. "It's a big turning point," teases Chandler Massey (Will).

Things aren't what they appear to be." Ej overhears the confrontation and questions what Will meant. Both Stefano and Will cover.

A memorial service is quickly arranged. Ej drags Stefano to the service so that he can see firsthand the pain he has caused. Stefano denies having anything to do with the explosion.

Later, John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Carrie and Rafe are moved to a second safe house. "They have gone from one safe house, where they were almost blown to bits, to another hiding place," says Hogestyn. "Everyone is of the mind that Stefano is playing for keeps; he's more dangerous than ever. John feels they've all been dancing around an obvious solution. He believes that the only way to stop Stefano DiMera is by eliminating him."

Source: Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivy

Since everyone thinks their loved ones are dead, DAYS is going to become majorly depressing. On the other hand, we might get some good emotional scenes. We'll see how it plays out.

lysie
Member Avatar

I know that we're spoiled and would have known anyway, but they really should have let the audience think they were dead and had the cliffhanger in Friday be showing them alive.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

What a bogus title for the article considering no one actually dies :eyeroll:

six
Member Avatar

The most interesting part of this is that Stefano and Will share a secret. Their bond was fun to watch a couple of years ago. Stefano should lift the ban on blood and let Will be his heir.

I've never seen a story where the audience knows that the dead are alive the whole time that didn't fall flat, so I don't have high hopes for this.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I kind of like it.

DrakeDBEST
Member Avatar
Drake Hogestyn fan FOREVER and for ALWAYS!

LOVE it! Next week sounds amazing! I always love it when Drake previews storyline because he gives enough away to make it interesting but not enough to SPOIL it.

Stefano is for sure a dead man. The list for the Salemites wanting him dead keeps growing.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

six
May 3 2012, 02:46 PM
The most interesting part of this is that Stefano and Will share a secret. Their bond was fun to watch a couple of years ago. Stefano should lift the ban on blood and let Will be his heir.

I've never seen a story where the audience knows that the dead are alive the whole time that didn't fall flat, so I don't have high hopes for this.
It takes out the tension and makes me wonder what the point of it all is. Frankly, I would have been more impressed if this were their plan from jumpstreet; to have a fake safehouse that gets "attacked" resulting in "death." At least then it's the heroes leading with a strong plot, and not reacting after being victims yet again.

The other thing- they should not use that headline at a point where people have been fired. I had a moment where I thought they were referring to Austin, Carrie, Jack, and/or Madison and actual deaths.

esp13
Member Avatar

I know this loses a lot of impact with spoilers and even without spoilers it's not like we'd really think they were killing everybody off, but I like this. I'm hoping maybe there are good scenes that go along with everybody being told that the group is dead and then when they find out that they aren't. I'm not holding my breath for it, mind you, but I'm hoping.

lysie
Member Avatar

I have no hope for good emotional scenes. None have been spoiled so I doubt they exist.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

px780
May 3 2012, 02:50 PM
six
May 3 2012, 02:46 PM

It takes out the tension and makes me wonder what the point of it all is. Frankly, I would have been more impressed if this were their plan from jumpstreet; to have a fake safehouse that gets "attacked" resulting in "death." At least then it's the heroes leading with a strong plot, and not reacting after being victims yet again.

The other thing- they should not use that headline at a point where people have been fired. I had a moment where I thought they were referring to Austin, Carrie, Jack, and/or Madison and actual deaths.
I think the point of it is to increase the number of suspects for when Stefano is 'killed'....I truly think JM is out and it's only a matter of time before we find out.

Notice how everyone is having a motive to kill the guy...not they they haven't before but you know...

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
May 3 2012, 02:57 PM
I have no hope for good emotional scenes. None have been spoiled so I doubt they exist.
Thank you Debbie Downer. ;) :P

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
May 3 2012, 03:01 PM
lysie
May 3 2012, 02:57 PM
Thank you Debbie Downer. ;) :P
You're welcome!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I want to like this. It sounds really good in writing. However, I think the pacing is terribly off and there is no real impact from all of this. Had this been done 10 years ago, I think we could've gotten a lot more out of it. Unfortunately, there are so many restriction nowadays, that it's hard to tell these types of stories the way they should be told. Either that, or they're just not doing it that way.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

People that are told about Bo, Hope, Marlena, John, Carrie, & Rafe's deaths: Lucas, Sami, Will, Austin, Billie, Gabi, Nicole, Kayla, Brady and Madison

Lucas, Sami, & Will should be devastated about all 6 deaths.
Austin should be devastated about Carrie the most, but also Bo/Hope/John/Marlena as they're in-laws.
Billie will probably be most devastated about Bo, Hope, & Carrie.
Gabi will be devastated about Rafe, and saddened for Will losing his family members.
Nicole will be devastated about Rafe since he said he'd be there for her & the baby.
Kayla will be devastated about all of them.
Brady will be devastated about John, & should be devastated about Bo (as well as their respective wives.
Madison will be devastated by...... ummmm... no one out of that group since she barely knows any of them. She's pretty much useless.

People missing: Jennifer, Abby, Jack, Caroline (i don't think she & Ciara have left for the retreat yet), Victor, Maggie, Abe, Lexie (though with everything she's dealing with herself, I can understand her not being there)... i'm sure i missed a few.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Stefano Dimera people will be after him with their pitch forks.

Hopefully some people and by that I mean Sami will feel guilty for treating her mother and John,mostly her mom like crap for months.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 3 2012, 02:36 PM
Will slips away and confronts Stefano about the deaths. He questions how Stefano could have killed everyone that Will loves, especially after everything that he's done for the DiMera manipulator. "It's a big turning point," teases Chandler Massey (Will).
This should be interesting. I am liking the idea of Will standing up to Stefano. I didn't watch when he and the Phoenix were close a few years back and I never understood why Will moved out and stopped hanging around him. That is what happens when you follow the show based on spoilers alone. ;)

I am hoping for CM to give us some raw, emotional scenes. This man that he trusted (apparently) went and killed his Grandma Marlena, the one person with whom he has been able to talk about himself. I am hoping for something big. I am also intrigued by what Will did for Stefano...was it the election rigging in Abe's favor? If it were something bigger he might be able to help the ISA once he learns everyone is still alive.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

The scenes at the pub where everyone shares story of the people who died could be good. But I assume it'll become about Sami.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Dattilo is the only one of the reacters interviewed?
Edited by DrewHamilton, May 3 2012, 03:21 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
May 3 2012, 03:16 PM
Stefano Dimera people will be after him with their pitch forks.

Hopefully some people and by that I mean Sami will feel guilty for treating her mother and John,mostly her mom like crap for months.
Spoilers have led me to believe its only going to piss off Sami when she finds out they're alive. Hopefully, I misunderstood.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply