Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Daytime Emmy Nomination Postponement
Topic Started: May 3 2012, 05:30 PM (3,166 Views)
sonjawitthaus

So are the Daytime going to air on cable? And the internet? :huh:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

sonjawitthaus
May 8 2012, 02:06 PM

So are the Daytime going to air on cable? And the internet? :huh:
We. Don't. Know. Yet.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm rooting for Chandler, Ari and Matt to all be nominated. :rockon:
Quote Post Goto Top

Virginia
Member Avatar

I would love for Matt Ashford to get nominated. Tomorrow is his last Day of taping. I think it would be great for him. Plus it would just make Corday and NBC look really stupid for firing him again. I will be keeping my fingers crossed

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hmmm since they are being announced on the TODAY show...could they be airing on NBC?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Yes...crossing my fingers and toes that Matt gets a nomination tomorrow...everyone on set would be talking about it on his LAST day of work...further exclamating just how pathetic DAYS is for letting him go.

~bl~
Member Avatar

What time is the Hoda/Kathie Lee hour of Today?

Ellie

~bl~
May 8 2012, 04:57 PM
Varies by market - it's taped/shown live in certain markets at 10 AM Eastern.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

~bl~
May 8 2012, 04:57 PM
In most markets, 10:00. But I know here, they air at 2:00, so I'll already know who's nominated by the time it airs.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Fingers crossed for Chandler Massey and Matthew Ashford!

I would love for Ari to get a nom too, but I don't think she'll win. Hopefully the new writing team gives her better material for next year!

happy
Member Avatar

I am really hoping that Matt Ashford is nominated tomorrow - ironically his last shoot day. And while being showered with love from the #LoveJack #ThanksMatt twitter celebration tomorrow. It would give the fans even more reason to cheer for him.

I know chances are slim to none, but I would really love for MA to win the Emmy nomination. He created such an iconic character, but never won a daytime Emmy. This is probably his last chance.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt Ashford is in a TOUGH category, but I don't think the chances of a nomination are slim-to-none. I think if he isn't nominated he will be like the first person out. I know we will never find that out and it doesn't really help matters, but what I'm saying is he has a good shot at a nomination. I don't think he has a shot in Hell at winning, but these things are truly unpredictable. My guess is Chandler Massey will be the only person from DAYS with a real shot at WINNING, but I'm hoping they get a ton of nominations!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

happy
May 8 2012, 10:39 PM
I am really hoping that Matt Ashford is nominated tomorrow - ironically his last shoot day. And while being showered with love from the #LoveJack #ThanksMatt twitter celebration tomorrow. It would give the fans even more reason to cheer for him.

I know chances are slim to none, but I would really love for MA to win the Emmy nomination. He created such an iconic character, but never won a daytime Emmy. This is probably his last chance.
Is there a specific time for the Jack/Matt Twitter support campaign thingy?

happy
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
May 8 2012, 10:45 PM
happy
May 8 2012, 10:39 PM

Is there a specific time for the Jack/Matt Twitter support campaign thingy?
No, people decided to just tweet throughout the day and not worry about trying to trend. Just show Matt love and appreciation on his last day.

Some are planning to tweet every hour. Others are going to concentrate on the hour that DOOL airs. And others will just tweet when they can. :cheer:
Edited by happy, May 8 2012, 10:59 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 8 2012, 10:44 PM
Matt Ashford is in a TOUGH category, but I don't think the chances of a nomination are slim-to-none. I think if he isn't nominated he will be like the first person out. I know we will never find that out and it doesn't really help matters, but what I'm saying is he has a good shot at a nomination. I don't think he has a shot in Hell at winning, but these things are truly unpredictable. My guess is Chandler Massey will be the only person from DAYS with a real shot at WINNING, but I'm hoping they get a ton of nominations!
I hope you're right. It just seems that DOOL doesn't get much respect when it comes to the Emmys.
And I thought peers voted for the nominations? It seems like MA's peers don't give him as much support as he gives them - at least through twitter. That's why I said his chances seemed slim - because of politics. Plus, it is a really tough category with some stellar competition who have more backing from their shows and peers.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Since Days is mostly snubbed when it comes to the Daytime Emmys, I would be pleasantly surprised if Days got any acting noms at all. It would be nice if Chandler got a nom and I would seriously laugh my ass off if Matt and Crystal got nominations since they were both unceremoniously dumped by TIIC.

Evan
Member Avatar

Hoping Matt Ashford gets a nomination, especially on his last day of taping on DAYS.

sonjawitthaus

So are the Daytime Emmys going to be televised or not?

:unsure:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply