Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
True Blood: Season 5
Topic Started: May 5 2012, 02:19 AM (4,079 Views)
aimees76
Member Avatar

I have to say ... I totally cried over the Hoyt, Jessica, Jason goodbye :( That was heartbreaking.

Only 2 more episodes? Really? Boo.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 13 2012, 02:24 PM
I hate this Vampire Religion crap. Talk about dark and boring. I do not care for Lilith.

YES! I'm not sure I get it. It is some kind of religious commentary or just mocking? And I don't get Lillith either...is her blood like fairy blood? Is she a ghost or vision?
And was Russell just faking the Lillith stuff?

I was also surprised that Sam and Luna were brought into the Russel/Steve thing. How is that going to work out? I actually have faith in Sami to win that one. :)

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This whole season has been political and I loved it. Seems to me they are showing how truly fucked up most religions are. A lot of christians think it's okay to judge and hate others and they do it in the name of religion.

Lil
Member Avatar

I think bringing Lilth and religion into tthe season was a good idea on paper...unfortunately it's been dull to watch.

I love that Russell is starting to act truly like Russell again. Bout fucking time! And that it's been very obvious all along that he's not really buying this religious shit.

Love Pam and Tara.

And it was good to see Lafayette back, however briefly.

and see you later, Hoyt. Don't tlet the door hit your ass on the way out. The most interesting thing about that tool since the series began is his hilarious Momma. Otherwise, I've always though he was a pointless character....

I really feel like I'm only going to watch the last 2 epis because I've suffered through the rest of this sucktastic season, though I am sincerely not expecting greatness. And if there is any it will prolly be too little too late.

LPS
Member Avatar

I hope they don't hook up Tara and Pam. They have good chemistry, but not sexual. It might ruin their relationship, IMO.

Lilith is boring.

The Elder who talked about Ke$ha was dumb. Too weird for me. Felt like a straight-to-DVD kind of scene. “We the faeries of Bon Temp will fight with you, Sookie Stackhouse.”
Okay..... I would just make Sookie the sacrificial lamb.

I like the "nesting" explanation. Very similar to group think.

I love Chancellor Rosalyn Harris (ex-GH star). Her character is great.

I liked the scene with the General.
Edited by LPS, Aug 20 2012, 02:19 AM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

God, I hope they find a way to keep Rosalyn around next season. She's the best new character in the last few years

Lil
Member Avatar

OMG...This fucking season...*sigh* Every time I think it may start to redeem itself, something completely fucking stupid happens. The elder fairy and her stupid interpretive dance or whatever was sooooooo beyond LAME!!!! Glad the bitch got killed.

Please don't hook up Tara and Pam...I like their grudging respect/kind of hate relationship just as it is!!

Arlene and Terry were background funny...where they belonged.

Alcide, I'm pretty sure at this point is just there to take his shirt off.

Sam & Luna...whatever.

Bill's a dick. But at least we finally sort of know why.

Whatever with this season....

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Lil
Aug 20 2012, 10:59 AM
OMG...This fucking season...*sigh* Every time I think it may start to redeem itself, something completely fucking stupid happens. The elder fairy and her stupid interpretive dance or whatever was sooooooo beyond LAME!!!! Glad the bitch got killed.

My Sentiments EXACTLY! I'm like why the fuck is (Fame) CoCo on here :blink: the Fairy land mess was just horrible the actress look as if she was trying to take a shit her legs stayed in a arched/squatted position.
Man it's been HARD staying a "Trubie" this season.

Kenny
Member Avatar

From King Bill to God Bill. We were so close to being rid of him!

That was a terrible finale.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

@MichaelAusiello:

TRUE BLOOD Bulletin: Head to http://TVLine.com at 1 am/EST for a finale post mortem and Season 6 preview with series creator Alan Ball.

Alligato
Member Avatar

WTF just happened?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

What the hell did I just watch? LMAO. Really?!?

LPS
Member Avatar

Tara and Pam suck as a couple. Just ewww.

I hope they kill of Sam's girlfriend. Pointless.

I LOVED the scenes with Lafayette and the girls. Hilarious. They have great chemistry. I also loved the delivery scene.

I thought originally they were going to kill Bill and that would have been a bold move. However, this new transformation looks lame.

I'm pissed they killed off the only interesting Chancellor. The ex-GH actor.

The wolves are pointless.
Edited by LPS, Aug 27 2012, 12:55 AM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

My mouth is still hanging open. I thought the finale was great! There were some things I didn't care for, but overall it kept moving, and shocked me in the end, so I liked it!

LPS
Member Avatar

^Agreed. The season finale wasn't awful. The season as a whole sucked, but the finale was decent. Somethings worked and others didn't.

Lil
Member Avatar

While I've said all season that this season sucks...The finale was 50/50 for me. I love Lafayette and his margaritas...Glad some of the Lafayette I know is back. I wish they'd bring back his bad-ass-ness though. But Arlene and Holly in the background is sort of where they belong. The Andy stuff was silly...But Andy to me is a "comic relief" character anyway so I guess I'm ok with it. Bringing all those babies into the mix is ridonkulous though.

I hate that Russell was killed so easily. He and Maryann are my favorite ever villains on this show.

Bill becoming the new Lilith was sooooooo STUPID! Bill was never my favorite to begin with but he beyond sucks now. I was really hoping he'd actually just be dead. That I could have been down with.

I still wish I cared about Sam and Luna...but I don't.

Alcide's story just got a bit more interesting, although the chick playing Ricki is a horrible actress.

Lil
Member Avatar

But I will agree...at least shit was HAPPENING in this episode!!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

^Yes. I haven't cared much for this season at all...or last season...but the last two episodes really had some exciting movement.
And maybe I'm not smart enough to follow along, but I didn't get much of the stories...I didn't follow anything with the fairies or the fairy babies, didn't follow Warlow or what was happening with Jason's visions, didn't get how Lafayette went from crazy hillucinating possessed bru-ho killing his lover and his mouth sewn shut to flaming Lafayette serving drinks in two days? But I'm glad he is back.
Didn't really care for anything to do with either Andy or Terry Bellefleur either.

I like Tara and Pam and Sookie (in low doses) and Alcide and Eric...and Bill. But for 10 seconds, I couldn't believe they killed him off and got all excited...and then Billith shows up and that was pretty nuts.

Pretty sucky season, but pretty good finale.
Edited by Alligato, Aug 27 2012, 09:33 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 27 2012, 09:32 AM
^Yes. I haven't cared much for this season at all...or last season...but the last two episodes really had some exciting movement.
And maybe I'm not smart enough to follow along, but I didn't get much of the stories...I didn't follow anything with the fairies or the fairy babies, didn't follow Warlow or what was happening with Jason's visions, didn't get how Lafayette went from crazy hillucinating possessed bru-ho killing his lover and his mouth sewn shut to flaming Lafayette serving drinks in two days? But I'm glad he is back.
Didn't really care for anything to do with either Andy or Terry Bellefleur either.

I like Tara and Pam and Sookie (in low doses) and Alcide and Eric...and Bill. But for 10 seconds, I couldn't believe they killed him off and got all excited...and then Billith shows up and that was pretty nuts.

Pretty sucky season, but pretty good finale.
the faeries and Warlow are all over the place right now. I had really high hopes for the Sookie is a Faerie/Fae war storyline, but they ruined it already.

I loved Pam & Tara until until they had them make out. There should be a little hatred between them...Had they insisted on going there, they should have maybe waited til next season. Sometimes it really is all about the tease. But whatever. Can't be any worse than the Hoyt & Jessica bullshit. One thing I can say is I'm glad Hoyt's gone now.

The Terry stuff was so lame. I love Terry & Arlene, but I love them as side characters. And I loved Terry much more when he was completely bat-shit crazy but sweet lol

I had to laugh to see Jane Bodehouse back too.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I was on the fence about most of The Authority stuff and I didn't care for the Terry story at all. There was lots that I did enjoy though and while I would have probably been a bit happier if they just killed Bill off, I don't mind that he's potentially crazier than ever. Nothing will ever top the Bill of season 1, but I'm interested to see where it goes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply