Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soap Alums Split: Lindsay Hartley Files For Divorce From Justin Hartley
Topic Started: May 6 2012, 11:39 AM (6,253 Views)
brazen
Member Avatar

Aww I'm surprised but I'm not. Justin's getting bigger and has got a cast as a regular series member in a new primetime show this fall on CW while Lindsay has no job?

May be differences like that caused issues.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

brazen
Jun 13 2012, 12:42 AM
Aww I'm surprised but I'm not. Justin's getting bigger and has got a cast as a regular series member in a new primetime show this fall on CW while Lindsay has no job?

Justin will be unemployed by November.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

They weren't unemployed though,they were both working in a movie,together,called "Challenger",still working on it I believe.

brazen
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 13 2012, 02:51 AM
brazen

I don't think so, these Doctor shows seem to work and CW clearly loves him and will keep casting him. They also tied him to a cast member by family on Hart of Dixie leaving
that open for his return.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Hart of Dixie won't last long with it's ratings. And I highly doubt this new show will do any better. The CW is in such awful shape. Unemployed would look better on a resume than a CW job.

brazen
Member Avatar

Tell that to Blake Lively, Ian Somerhalder Leighton Meester, Chace Crawford. These are household names all on a CW show and owe it to being on the CW.

Blake and Leighton wouldn't be staring in their blockbuster movies now if it wasn't for that CW network giving them a chance to work and the show sucks and gets bad ratings, but CW isn't a national network. The ratings for Vampire Diaries makes it a blockbuster hit for CW but it would make it cancellation worthy on ABC.

Edited by brazen, Jun 13 2012, 11:59 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

brazen
Jun 13 2012, 11:59 AM
Tell that to Blake Lively, Ian Somerhalder Leighton Meester, Chace Crawford. These are household names all on a CW show and owe it to being on the CW.

Unless you're a 13 year old fan girl you wouldn't know who the hell these people are. And Ian Somerhalder was popular before he showed up on the CW.

brazen
Member Avatar

That's ridiculous. That's why Leighton Meester's the lead opposite Adam Sandler in his new movie out this week? I've seen her all over tv promoting it.

Blake Lively in Green Lantern made her well known. She' herself is all over magazines this month and commercials for her new movie Oliver Stone movie with Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro.

CW's a major network and it pays really well, gives these stars names and a stepping stone for a future.

sonemfan4life

Blake Lively had a movie career prior to The CW

brazen
Member Avatar

Not one that was going to make her a household name, hence why she signed a 6 year contract to CW. Gossip Girl launched them
all into who they are now and making them able to get the jobs they get now.

Just like the WB used to do back in it's day.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I didn't know that anyone actually went to see Green Lantern...

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

brazen
Jun 13 2012, 02:54 PM
That's ridiculous. That's why Leighton Meester's the lead opposite Adam Sandler in his new movie out this week? I've seen her all over tv promoting it.

Blake Lively in Green Lantern made her well known. She' herself is all over magazines this month and commercials for her new movie Oliver Stone movie with Salma Hayek and Benicio Del Toro.

CW's a major network and it pays really well, gives these stars names and a stepping stone for a future.
Mmmkay. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

sonemfan4life

Blake Lively had a hit movie based off a hit book before she signed to Gossip Girl. She was already making a name for herself. I can't think of anyone who was excited about Green Lantern either.

Cupcake06

darraholic
Jun 13 2012, 02:51 AM
brazen

I will eat whatever if that show survives. It looks like typical CW crap.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 13 2012, 12:26 PM
brazen

Unless you're a 13 year old fan girl you wouldn't know who the hell these people are. And Ian Somerhalder was popular before he showed up on the CW.
I completely agree. I love Ian obviously but I loved him way before The Vampire Diaries!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Crazygirl
Jun 14 2012, 05:15 AM
darraholic
Jun 13 2012, 12:26 PM
brazen

I completely agree. I love Ian obviously but I loved him way before The Vampire Diaries!
Boone followed Lost till the end, was upset when they killed his character off.

Too bad about LH and JH, but I think JH career is moving upward while her career has been stagnant since AMC went off the air.

kwronka

Aw, too bad, now it opens the door for everyone else!! He is so Freakin HOT!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Edited by kwronka, Sep 17 2012, 03:26 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply