Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
James Cromwell joins 'American Horror Story' for Season 2
Topic Started: May 7 2012, 07:02 PM (688 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

That'll do, "American Horror Story." That'll do.

Veteran actor James Cromwell, who is well known for his roles in "Babe" and "The Green Mile," has been cast in season two of "American Horror Story," according to THR. Cromwell will join returning star Jessica Lange as the show does away with the first season's premise and moves to a new location (and possibly a new time period).

Cromwell will be playing Dr. Arden, who works at a (presumably very creepy) insane asylum, while Lange plays the woman in charge of the facility. The two will manage a cast of strange inmates, including Chloe Sevigny, Zachary Quinto, and even "The Voice" mentor and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine.

Cromwell, an Oscar nominee for his role in "Babe," recently appeared in "The Artist" and has a long movie career behind him. He has also done some great TV as well, appearing in series like "24" and "Six Feet Under," the latter of which earned him an Emmy nomination.

With Lange earning all kinds of nominations for her work on "American Horror Story" last year, you have to wonder if both she and Cromwell could be Emmy-nominated this year for the show. In any case, we should see some pretty great scenes between the two... if we can keep our eyes open after all the scary stuff.

http://www.yidio.com/news/american-horror-story-season-2-adds-james-cromwell-6006?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=LastPagePosts
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I love this casting. Too bad Frances Conroy won't still be around or we could have a mini Six Feet Under reunion.

Bremol
Member Avatar

They're setting this in a creepy insane asylum...it makes me think of the place my second grade teacher (who was also a nurse) works at now. I can't remember the name of the place, but damn...it's history is friggin' creepy. It even looks the part of creepy lol

I'm so looking forward to this next season and hoping that it isn't lousy but just as good as the first season was.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Eeek! Chloe Sevigny!? :wub:

When did they announce this?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
May 8 2012, 12:31 AM
Eeek! Chloe Sevigny!? :wub:

When did they announce this?
I don't think it's been officially announced yet, but reports came out last week that she was in talks to play Shelly, a nymphomaniac who goes toe-to-toe with Jessica Lange in the second season..

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

I am not a fan of James Cromwell. Hated him on Six Feet Under.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Not a fan of Cromwell either - he has built a career around playing characters that are smug, self-righteous and condescending with an aura of entitlement. It doesn't matter if he playing mentally ill (6 feet under), the most evil person in the world (24) etc. I hope Jessica Lange's character crushes him in a humiliating manner :)

Mason
Member Avatar

I've hated some of the characters he's played before too, but I don't hold that against him. The man can ACT.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

^which characters of his have you liked?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why shows need characters like his, but he is kinda one-note.

Mason
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
May 8 2012, 12:10 PM
^which characters of his have you liked?
In the things that I've actually seen him in? None, LoL. But that doesn't affect my opinion of him as an actor. I think he'll be a really good addition to this show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply