Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
39th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 08:28 AM (11,004 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 09:41 AM
Very happy to see "One Life" got nominated for original song for OLTL. Love that song.
But how didn't they get a nomination for writing? :facepalm:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joshua
Member Avatar

Lmao @ Matt Ashford being the only non-GH nominee in his category. Good for him!

OLTL not given a best drama nod? Ridiculous.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
May 9 2012, 09:42 AM
LoL @ Days being nominated for best show, best writing, best hairstyling, best lighting and best makeup.
LOL yep but, then again, all you need is a good episode or two to get any nomination.

Isn't it funny that the last time Days scored this many nominations including Drama Series was in 2009 and, once again, that was work done by a writing regime that had been fired by that point. It seems that the key to Days getting major nods at the Emmy's is firing their writers and a number of actors prior to the nods. Chances are they will get nominated for at least one of the fired actor's work (in this case, Matthew Ashford and Crystal Chappell) and will get a drama series nod for work by fired writers. :laugh:

3MFan

How in the hell did Shawn Blackmore get nominated? And Genie Francis name only cause she has done nothing on YR. I won't even get started on NP.

AZ should have gotten GF nomination.

I'm not understanding BA, MB or NLG(Who i like) nomination.

It seems since there is shortage of soaps there just nomination anybody.

But they got LA & SA right.

MB? There is a shortage of YA actress left on daytime. They should just combine YActress and Younger Actor. SH & CK are the only ones who in the actress deserved there's. YA they had it till NP it should be AW(Shane) on oltl who got that nomination.

So happy for MA he so deserves it. I rather he get it then JJ but I doubt that happen. Its his to lose.

Virginia
Member Avatar

Was so excited for Matt just noticed Chandler also got nominated :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Pulling for Matt & Chandler! :cheer:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Happy for Chandler and Matt.....but Matt's category will likely go to Jackson

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

nocturnalblondie
May 9 2012, 09:42 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 09:41 AM
Very happy to see "One Life" got nominated for original song for OLTL. Love that song.
But how didn't they get a nomination for writing? :facepalm:
IMO based on the reels, OLTL should be there and Y&R shouldn't. Y&R had the worst reels of the bunch. I've hated Days under MarDar for the most part but the reels submitted were classic Emmy bait and pretty good.

I will also say this...Days got nominated for the shootout at the Pub and the Sami/EJ faceoff/sex episode. AS never even made it to the pre-nomination phase and she submitted the Sami/EJ episode. The fact it helped get the show a nomination and she didn't even come close to sniffing one this time should tell her that she will likely never got nominated.

So happy for Ashford and Chappell. They continue the trend of fired Days actors getting nominated for their work. Also happy for Shelley Hennig. She deserved it and she deserves to win. Yet another Days actress who is no longer on the show and got nominated. Same deal as 2009 where most of the acting nods for Days were people no longer on the show.

Very happy for Massey and Burnett too. Shocked Casey Deidrick didn't get in as he usually gets in by default.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Pulling for:

Chandler- I wanted to see who was nominated with him, and the only competition is Eddie from Oltl.

Matt- hope he can pull it out.

Shelley- She had the perfect Emmy reel.

Rebecca- she killed me during the whole "Jake being killed" storyline. Girl deserves it.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 9 2012, 09:49 AM
Happy for Chandler and Matt.....but Matt's category will likely go to Jackson
:eyeroll:

sonjawitthaus

Does anyone if they will have the awards on cable and the internet. When will they accounce that?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Charmqn
May 9 2012, 09:51 AM
Chandler- I wanted to see who was nominated with him, and the only competition is Eddie from Oltl.
I've heard people say it's a competition between Chandler and Chad Duell. :shrug:

Marlene

Thrilled for MA and CM. Happily surpised to see Days on the list for best drama and best writing. That's terrific.

beroko

OMG, Matt Ashford!!! Suck it, DAYS! :flipoff:

Oh, and congratulations Matt & Chandler!
Edited by beroko, May 9 2012, 09:57 AM.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

What the hell is Molly nominated for?
Man I wouldn't mine if either CD(Michael GH) or CM(Will Days) win cause they both IMO had some meaty material....JS should have been nominated for lead actor...

Romancer66

Delighted that MA got nominated! It's long overdue, and he did really good work this time around, in spite of being underutilized. Hope this eases the sting of this being his last tape day on the show. TIIC are made of fail for being so ready to toss him and for not giving the PTSD storyline the airtime it deserved. He may be a long shot to win this thing, but you have to wonder if those four guys from GH will end up canceling each other out.

CM's nomination is another plus. But that was less unexpected than MA's.

I'm surprised OLTL didn't receive more nominations. Because I've heard they were on fire in the months leading up to the finale.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Very happy for Matt and Chandler - I think they both have strong chances of bringing home the Emmy.

A little stunned at the best show nod.
Shocked at the Best Writing nod.
LMAO at the hair/make up nod.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Also very happy for Eddie Alderson. So well deserved. Same for Chad Duell. That category should go to Massey but I could see Duell taking it. I would like Alderson too but I don't see it.

Hennig should win younger actress easily IMO. Best reel of the bunch. However, I could see a shock with Macinnes Wood winning or even Molly Burnett if the votes end up close. Wouldn't it be ironic if Burnett wins over the more deserving Hennig? It would be a microcosm of what happened to Hennig at Days LOL.

Supporting actor is between Ashford and Jackson and, sadly, Jackson is likely taking it. Anytime that man gets a nod, he wins and he has another strong reel. That category is embarrassing though. Blakemore and Anderson should not be nominated. I will let Thompson slide as he did do strong work.

Supporting actress is pretty much wide open and, most years, it ends up being a shocker. I could see Genie winning even though she doesn't deserve it and shouldn't even be nominated. Actually, IMO most of these women shouldn't be nominated aside from Herbst and Egan. That should be who this is between IMO. I feel bad for Arianne Zucker because she should be nominated based on her work but she didn't pick the best reel. She went more subtle and that hurt her. She needed a tape with more bait to it and she did have quite a few. She just chose wrong.

Lead actor is a crap shoot between Geary and Benard. One of those two will take it. Again, happy for Woods and even McCook, although neither strikes you as ones who should be nominated in lead. Good for Williams too. He did fine work and he is IMO who should win but he won't

Lead actress is wide open as well. To me, this should go to Slezak. For the first time in awhile, she deserves this. Her reel is the best. Now, I liked Chappell last year and liked her reel so if it went to her, I wouldn't mind. it really should and will come down to Slezak and Chappell. I think it could go to Chappell based on the fact she plays the Emmy game well and has so much support now amongst soaps. Morgan and Tom always do good work and Tom is a Emmy favorite so you can't really write them off because either one could win if Chappell and Slezak split the vote. Wright is the only one I see as being completely out of the race. There will be no surprise with her this year.

I think the directing category is perfect. It's interesting that, for once, the writing category matches drama series. Normally, you see one or two nominated for writing that aren't for drama series and then you wonder why they didn't get a drama series nod (especially if they are nominated for both writing and directing). Again, like drama series, I would take Y&R out and put OLTL in and then that would be perfect.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

HELL YEAH MATTHEW ASHFORD!!! Suck on that Corday/Tomlin/Meng! :flipoff: :flipoff:

Oh, and congrats to Chandler as well. Very well deserved!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 10:04 AM
Supporting actor is between Ashford and Jackson and, sadly, Jackson is likely taking it. Anytime that man gets a nod, he wins and he has another strong reel. That category is embarrassing though. Blakemore and Anderson should not be nominated. I will let Thompson slide as he did do strong work.

The only way I will accept Matt not taking the award is if Jonathan Jackson gets it. JJ is fantastic and he knocked it out of the park with his performances during the Jake's death and Luke's alcoholism story. I have no problem with the others nominated in that category but there's no way any of them are better than MA or JJ.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply