Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
39th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 08:28 AM (10,861 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

JDeveraux_91
May 9 2012, 10:09 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 10:04 AM
Supporting actor is between Ashford and Jackson and, sadly, Jackson is likely taking it. Anytime that man gets a nod, he wins and he has another strong reel. That category is embarrassing though. Blakemore and Anderson should not be nominated. I will let Thompson slide as he did do strong work.

The only way I will accept Matt not taking the award is if Jonathan Jackson gets it. JJ is fantastic and he knocked it out of the park with his performances during the Jake's death and Luke's alcoholism story. I have no problem with the others nominated in that category but there's no way any of them are better than MA or JJ.
JJ did have some good material and he did a good job, but I don't like him, lol. So GO MATT!!! :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

i cant believe molly is even on the list,seriously what did she do?

i hope chandler wins!!!!
i also want EH from YR and RH from GH to WIN!!! they are my fav actresses,after Deidre :P

CarlD2

I almost didn't notice Matt's nomination because of the wall of GH names. I think Jonathan Jackson has this locked up, as he wins awards no matter what (not a fan), but I hope Matt wins.

I really hope Eddie Alderson wins younger actor, he is so underrated and never just relied on the usual gimmicks. Unfortunately he was barely on OLTL in the last year.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I consider these nominations a success, just for the mere fact that Matthew Ashford and Shelley Hennig were nominated. That's all I really wanted. However, seeing Crystal Chappell nominated makes me feel even better. Anything to show how stupid Ken Corday is works for me.

Now, here is who I want to win, with the actors tallied from 1 to 4/5 (1 being who I want to win and 4/5 being who I think deserves it the least.)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
1. Eddie Alderson (Matthew Buchanan, One Life to Live)
2. Chandler Massey (Will Horton, Days of our Lives)
3. Chad Duell (Michael Corinthos, III, General Hospital)
4. Nathan Parsons (Ethan Lovett, General Hospital)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
1. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson, Days of our Lives)
2. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)
3. Molly Burnett (Melanie Jonas, Days of our Lives)
4. Christel Khalil (Lily Winters, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
1. Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux, Days of our Lives)
2. Jason Thompson (Patrick Drake, General Hospital)
3. Jonathan Jackson (Lucky Spencer, General Hospital)
4. Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli, General Hospital)
5. Sean Blakemore (Shawn Butler, General Hospital)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
1. Melissa Claire Egan (Annie Chandler, All My Children)
2. Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber, General Hospital)
3. Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis, General Hospital)
4. Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe Fisher, The Young and the Restless)
5. Genie Francis (Genevieve Atkinson, The Young and the Restless)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
1. Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard, All My Children)
2. Robert S. Woods (Bo Buchanan, One Life to Live)
3. Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer, General Hospital)
4. John McCook (Eric Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)
5. Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos, General Hospital)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

1. Debbi Morgan (Angie Hubbard, All My Children)
2. Crystal Chappell (Carly Manning, Days of our Lives)
3. Erika Slezak (Viki Lord, One Life to Live)
4. Heather Tom (Katie Spencer, The Bold and the Beautiful)
5. Laura Wright (Carly Jacks, General Hospital

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
1. ALL MY CHILDREN
2. GENERAL HOSPITAL
3. DAYS OF OUR LIVES
4. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
1. ALL MY CHILDREN
2. GENERAL HOSPITAL
3. DAYS OF OUR LIVES
4. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

They should just give Jonathan Jackson the Emmy right now..... lol...

Hope Shelley wins!

sonjawitthaus

So does anyone know whether the Daytime Emmys will be televised?

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

How did people here get the opportunity to see the actors' Emmy reels? I would love to see those. Rooting for MA and CM. :cheer: Don't know what MB did that was nom-worthy?

CarlD2

Thumper
May 9 2012, 10:40 AM
How did people here get the opportunity to see the actors' Emmy reels? I would love to see those. Rooting for MA and CM. :cheer: Don't know what MB did that was nom-worthy?
The younger actress categories are a death zone. She may have just had a stronger reel, or been more personally liked by the people making the decisions.

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

I wish Ari had got the nomination, but boy, if they would give her the material to really be involved in a front burner story consistently, she will get that Emmy one day. Congrats to Matt and Chandler!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

CarlD2
May 9 2012, 10:50 AM
Thumper
The younger actress categories are a death zone. She may have just had a stronger reel, or been more personally liked by the people making the decisions.
That and she's been nominated before so she is a recognizable name, which is often a strong benefit.

Plus, she was one of the actors leading the charge for Emmy reform last year with Micheal Muhney.

Alligato
Member Avatar

How does Days get a writing nom when they just fired their writers for writing shitty?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 10:53 AM
CarlD2
Thumper
That and she's been nominated before so she is a recognizable name, which is often a strong benefit.

Plus, she was one of the actors leading the charge for Emmy reform last year with Micheal Muhney.
Speaking of, how long before that pansy ass starts crying?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Bright Eyes
May 9 2012, 10:56 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 10:53 AM
CarlD2
Thumper

Speaking of, how long before that pansy ass starts crying?
You mean he hasn't started already? :laugh:

He probably assumed he was a shoo-in given he led the charge for the changes.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Carmi80
May 9 2012, 09:33 AM
Matthew Ashford nominated? Check. :cheer:

Arianne Zucker nominated? Nope.
Molly Burnett nominated? Yup.

How is Molly Burnett nominated TWICE and Arianne has only been nominated ONCE?!

:flipoff:
Look at the rest of the list... there's your answer. Maurice Benard, Chappell, Laura Wright.

I'm so happy for Matt and Chandler!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maybe Burnett was helped by the fact that she'd been nominated before?

What did Hennig do? I mean that seriously, not as an indirect slam on her talent, because it seems like she's been gone forever and I can't remember what she actually did while on the show.

I feel like OLTL was robbed. They played with soap cliches in a loving way and that should have been honored, imho. Are they eligible again next year because their last airdate was in 2012?

And if Days was nominated for deadbabysex that to me shows how meaningless awards are. How can you take one piece of a soap and use it to judge the whole thing? Not to mention that in my opinion those shows featured some of the most strained acting I've ever seen. Everybody was trying SOOOOO hard, all I saw was the effort.

When they nominate soaps for writing/best drama- do they at least read a story outline so they can see how things fit in?

Even though I question the value, I think it's hilarious that most of Days nominated actors are no longer with the show, and neither is the writing team.

I'm glad Ashford got recognized (again though- kinda weird, because his amount of screentime doesn't really rise to the level of supporting, imho, in a genre defined by long-term stories playing out daily).

Tammy
Member Avatar

My opinions:

Outstanding Drama Series:
I am shocked that DAYS was nominated and not OLTL... this just pissed me off

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series:
Erika Slezak, One Life to Live

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series:
Robert S. Woods, One Life to Live

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:
Rebecca Herbst, General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:
Matthew Ashford, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series:
I have no opinion about these lol

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series:
Chandler Massey, Days of Our Lives :cheer:

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team:
One Life to Live

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I'm very happy for Matthew Ashford's nomination. That's the only DAYS nomination I care about. Well deserved! DAYS are morons for letting him go.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
May 9 2012, 11:01 AM
Maybe Burnett was helped by the fact that she'd been nominated before?

What did Hennig do? I mean that seriously, not as an indirect slam on her talent, because it seems like she's been gone forever and I can't remember what she actually did while on the show.

I feel like OLTL was robbed. They played with soap cliches in a loving way and that should have been honored, imho. Are they eligible again next year because their last airdate was in 2012?

And if Days was nominated for deadbabysex that to me shows how meaningless awards are. How can you take one piece of a soap and use it to judge the whole thing? Not to mention that in my opinion those shows featured some of the most strained acting I've ever seen. Everybody was trying SOOOOO hard, all I saw was the effort.

When they nominate soaps for writing/best drama- do they at least read a story outline so they can see how things fit in?

Even though I question the value, I think it's hilarious that most of Days nominated actors are no longer with the show, and neither is the writing team.

I'm glad Ashford got recognized (again though- kinda weird, because his amount of screentime doesn't really rise to the level of supporting, imho, in a genre defined by long-term stories playing out daily).
Hennig's reel was her breakup scenes with Nathan. They were fantastic and she got rave reviews for her performance both from critics and fans.

OLTL would only have 3 weeks or so they could submit next year so I'm not even sure if they'll bother.

The problem with all of these awards shows is that all it comes down to is having 1-2 good episodes both in regards to acting and best series. Same goes for primetime (although they allow 3-4 episodes I believe). You can be a horrible actor or have a horrible show but if you have that one great episode, you can get nominated and win. That is why for years you saw GH, Y&R, and B&B all basically go out of their way once a year to produce 1-2 Emmy bait shows based on what they think the voters like. They know how it works so they don't even have to try hard to win one. They can just produce a good episode or two and that's it. And, no, they don't read story outlines although sometimes you will get a voter that watches some of the other soaps routinely and knows of the other work going on. I know Peter Bergman has commented publicly about other shows and their actors and he's a voter (or at least used to be) so some do have some idea of what is going on.

Matt Ashford, even with the limited airtime he's gotten, still qualities as supporting. I mean, the epitome of a supporting actor is simply that...to support. If he was in lead, that would be a mistake because he didn't come anywhere close to lead airtime, although we've seen that happen time and time again where those who should be supporting based on airtime are lead and vice versa.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Tammy
May 9 2012, 11:03 AM
My opinions:

Outstanding Drama Series:
I am shocked that DAYS was nominated and not OLTL... this just pissed me off

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series:
Erika Slezak, One Life to Live

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series:
Robert S. Woods, One Life to Live

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series:
Rebecca Herbst, General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:
Matthew Ashford, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series:
I have no opinion about these lol

Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series:
Chandler Massey, Days of Our Lives :cheer:

Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team:
One Life to Live

We're pretty much on the same page when it comes to your award choices, lol!

happy
Member Avatar

Yeah!!!! Sooo happy that Matt Ashford got nominated for an Emmy.
Today is his last day at DOOL. Fans are tweeting him and NBC Days all day today to thank him for his work as Jack Deveraux. Using #LoveJack and #ThanksMatt

Ha ha. What a great way for him to go out! And I'm also excited for Ari and Chandler. :-)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply