Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
39th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 08:28 AM (10,848 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

happy
May 9 2012, 11:32 AM
And I'm also excited for Ari and Chandler. :-)
Ari didn't get a nom, unfortunately! :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

wtf to much general hospital nomination

happy
Member Avatar

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Bradford Anderson, General Hospital
Matthew Ashford, Days of Our Lives
Sean Blakemore, General Hospital
Jonathan Jackson, General Hospital
Jason Thompson, General Hospital

So looking at this list - I'm wondering how much of a shot MA actually has at winning. I don't think Spinelli got much story at GH (but neither did Jack at DOOL). I know Jonathan Jackson is probably favored, because he always seems to get Emmys. But I would be thrilled if MA actually won.

Does anyone know what the other men submitted for their clips?
#LoveJack #ThanksMatt

happy
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
May 9 2012, 11:34 AM
happy
May 9 2012, 11:32 AM
And I'm also excited for Ari and Chandler. :-)
Ari didn't get a nom, unfortunately! :(
What?! She is sooo good. But maybe she didn't submit the right tape? I really do think she's the best actress on the show.

elizhope
Member Avatar

Excited about SH, CM and MA on their nominations!! yay!!

What did CC submit? I cant remember....

OliveAnn

Lead Acting Categories are more or less what I expected them to be. I wasnt sure about Crystal Chappell, but looks like people were able to look past the rolling on the floor. John McCook doesn't stand much chance, but it's nice to see him get recognized.

It's also nice to see Elizabeth Hendrickson get recognized, as well. I think Becky Herbst will win Supporting. And I'm not sure how I feel about Genie Francis given the little I saw of her performance on Y&R.

Congratulatons to Matt Ashford, not just for being nominated, but gor being the only non-GH actor nominated in his category.

I expected Jacqueline MacInnes Wood might get nominated, but I'm shocked Molly Burnett got nominated over Kate Mansi. If there is justice, this will be between Christel Khalil and Shelley Hennig. I'm rooting for Shelley.

Nice to finally see a younger actor from OLTL being recognized. I'd like to see Chandler Massey win, but I think next year is his year. Chad Duell's storyline was too gorund-breaking to go unnoticed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kate Mansi was snubbed for sure. She definitely should've gotten in to Younger Actress.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It's so nice to see Days finally getting Emmy recognition after all those years of not getting any love, just sad that it took soaps going off the air to make that happen. First off, Chandler Massey must win. He's been absolutely brilliant and has gotten so much praise. I'm also very happy for MA's nomination, he was riveting during his cabin scenes with MR and scenes with DH. Also, excited that Shelly Hennig got a nom.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

HOLY FUCK!!

MATTHEW ASHFORD!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Totally ridiculous about DAYS getting soo many nominations though...

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

PhoenixRising05
May 9 2012, 11:56 AM
Kate Mansi was snubbed for sure. She definitely should've gotten in to Younger Actress.
Over freaking Molly Burnett, yeah!

CarlD2

There's something very artificial about Mansi's acting, for me - I guess it depends on what she submitted.

Until PH5 mentioned it I had forgotten about the attempts to reform the nominating process. I didn't realize it had gone through, because these nominations are same old same old, overall. I thought JFP just did her bloc voting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I love Matthew Ashford but it's hard for me to pick against JJ. I would love, love, love to see Jason Thompson win but I think next year will be his year, that's when the work he did after Robin's death will be eligible and he rocked those scenes.

I question a lot of the nominations like usual though.

LPS
Member Avatar

Genie Francis? Sorry, but she is AWFUL on Y&R. Way over the top. I'm glad EH got a nomination, she deserves it. I'm betting RH will get the win, and I would be happy with that. I still don't see what all the fuss is about Eagan. She has done nothing for me as an actress for years.

I'll be rooting for Heather Tom in the lead actress category.

All of the lead actors suck, IMO. I'm rooting for no one.

As for supporting actor, I'm team JJ. It is his and he deserves it. Wow, did GH just sweep that category or what? I love that MM from Y&R didn't get nominated. I love it when he gets egg on his face. I wonder if he will cograt the other peeps on twitter. LOL

Younger actress is a joke. Burnett sucks. CK did better this year, but overall she's a sh*tty actress. I'm going with Steffy from BB. Same with Younger Actor. I'm going with EA from OLTL.

I can't believe OLTL didn't get a nom for best drama.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I hope Shelley Hennig wins Younger Actress...I KNEW her tape would get her a nomination....it was a very strong emmy baity tape...she could actually win with it IMO.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

happy
May 9 2012, 11:40 AM
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Bradford Anderson, General Hospital
Matthew Ashford, Days of Our Lives
Sean Blakemore, General Hospital
Jonathan Jackson, General Hospital
Jason Thompson, General Hospital

So looking at this list - I'm wondering how much of a shot MA actually has at winning. I don't think Spinelli got much story at GH (but neither did Jack at DOOL). I know Jonathan Jackson is probably favored, because he always seems to get Emmys. But I would be thrilled if MA actually won.

Does anyone know what the other men submitted for their clips?
#LoveJack #ThanksMatt
I have no idea what Bradford Anderson submitted and I'm a big fan of his work, but I don't think he deserved to be on the list this year. Definitely not over Michael E. Knight. Tad was amazing during AMC's final run and he surely deserved a nod. Even if he didn't get it, Billy Miller is a really good actor and I stopped watching Y&R, but I'm sure he had better material than BA did.

Sean Blakemore DOES NOT deserve to be nominated. This is the biggest shocker for me out of this category...and I think he is going to kill Matt Ashford's shot at winning because both submitted PTSD scenes. His character suffers from PTSD from being a war veteran. So they probably steal votes from each other, although Matt's work was MUCH better. Sean Blakemore is a decent actor, but c'mon really? He shouldn't be nominated.

Jonathan Jackson is going to win this award. I think Jason Thompson submitted when Patrick had to tell Robin about his affair with Lisa. I can't really remember, but that's what I think it was.

Matt Ashford, Jason Thompson, and Jonathan Jackson are all very strong, but Jackson has had this award in the bag for over a year now.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Glad to see so many nominations for DAYS, especially in the Drama and Writing category. They picked the right stuff and those episodes deserved some recognition.

I want AMC to take home Drama. Their submissions were perfect and had it all!

I would be happy with Slezak or Morgan getting Lead Actress. I'm not a fan of Chappell's submission. I thought she could've submitted better work. But hey, I guess she knows what she's doing though. It's great to see Tom recognized as a lead actress, finally. However, I don't think she should win. Same goes for Wright. Glad to see her recognized though.

Geary will win Lead Actor. Period.

I love Egan, so I want to see her win Supporting Actress, but I think this is GH's year with the Jake storyline, so Herbst will probably get the gold. Nothing Francis, Grahn or Henderickson did last year pops into my head and screams Emmy. And I have to say I'm not too disappointed Zucker didn't get nominated. She picked the wrong stuff. She'll probably have a better shot next year. However, I wish they would stop placing her in the supporing category. She's clearly a lead and was in 2011.

Like Geary and Herbst, Jackson is a shoe-in for Supporting Actor. Glad to see Ashford nominated. Thompson's year is next year, for sure. Anderson and Blackmore, meh.

Where the fuck is Mansi in the Young Actress category? That is the biggest snub of the whole thing. She was robbed! So many people keep calling Hennig as the winner, but I think this is going to finally be Khalil's year to get the award. Hennig may have good material, but so does Khalil. And she's been in the game far longer than Hennig. They may finally give it to her. Burnett and Wood deserve nothing.

Younger Actor is going to Duell or Massey. No questions. As a DAYS fan, I'm going with Massey.

OLTL deserves the Directing award. And I would give AMC Writing.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

How great for MA to get a nomination announced on his last tape day...I am happy about that because everyone on set will be talking about it...it will only exclamate how PATHETIC his firing is.

CarlD2

DiMeraFan67
May 9 2012, 12:54 PM
I have no idea what Bradford Anderson submitted and I'm a big fan of his work, but I don't think he deserved to be on the list this year. Definitely not over Michael E. Knight. Tad was amazing during AMC's final run and he surely deserved a nod. Even if he didn't get it, Billy Miller is a really good actor and I stopped watching Y&R, but I'm sure he had better material than BA did.
Billy Miller mostly just looked bored until he could leave for pilot season.

CarlD2

DrewHamilton
May 9 2012, 01:00 PM
Younger Actor is going to Duell or Massey. No questions. As a DAYS fan, I'm going with Massey.

I'd much rather see Eddie Alderson win, even if he was barely on in the last year. Duell is OK but not much else. Massey has real potential but there's too many tics, like the smirking. I never see a character, only an actor.

LPS
Member Avatar

CarlD2
May 9 2012, 01:03 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 9 2012, 12:54 PM
Billy Miller mostly just looked bored until he could leave for pilot season.
And the Church says AMEN! Billy Miller was really bad this past year. You could tell he hated working at Y&R.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply