Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
39th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 08:28 AM (10,719 Views)
Paul8148

Erika in a intview with Michael Fairman said she end up summited her 40th as her episode
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

I'm rooting for AMC, Debbi Morgan, and Darnell Williams

I'm still not sure if I like Chandler Massey....he has potential though.
Edited by Cupcake06, May 9 2012, 08:09 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

God I didn't even notice that Nathan Parsons was nominated! How can he get an emmy nomination, I can't even understand what he is saying most of the time.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Is there a place that you can go to see the emmy reels submitted or at least the episodes that were submitted for Best Drama?

Seriously I have no clue how OLTL didn't get nominated for Best Drama.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Quote:

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Bradford Anderson, General Hospital
Matthew Ashford, Days of Our Lives
Sean Blakemore, General Hospital
Jonathan Jackson, General Hospital
Jason Thompson, General Hospital

What a joke!

Evan
Member Avatar

What do you think are MA's chances of winning, because I'm not a GH viewer and entirely unfamiliar with those of their actors going up against Mr Ashford.
Oh to see the look on Corday's face if the guy he just fired for the 4th time ends up with the award LOL

CarlD2

cubsgirl
May 9 2012, 08:50 PM
Is there a place that you can go to see the emmy reels submitted or at least the episodes that were submitted for Best Drama?

They had a lousy reel.

CarlD2

Evan
May 9 2012, 10:26 PM
What do you think are MA's chances of winning, because I'm not a GH viewer and entirely unfamiliar with those of their actors going up against Mr Ashford.
Oh to see the look on Corday's face if the guy he just fired for the 4th time ends up with the award LOL
Jonathan Jackson spent his years on GH screaming and crying and being given every award around. I don't think he can lose, although I hope he does.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Crazygirl
May 9 2012, 08:39 PM
God I didn't even notice that Nathan Parsons was nominated! How can he get an emmy nomination, I can't even understand what he is saying most of the time.
LOL! This is hilarious!

LPS
Member Avatar

CarlD2
May 9 2012, 11:12 PM
Evan
Jonathan Jackson spent his years on GH screaming and crying and being given every award around. I don't think he can lose, although I hope he does.
Then who is left to root for in that category?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

cubsgirl
May 9 2012, 08:50 PM

There's a thread here at the DR somewhere... Not sure where it is now, but maybe someone can link you.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Evan
JJ always win without fail and I expect this year to be no different. Though I think it's time that someone else got the nod for a change. Now watch, Bradford Anderson will probably win making the Emmys a bigger joke than they already are. I'm still glad that MA got the nom, especially after his shabby treatment by the assholes at Days.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Congrats to all the nominees!! :D

Especially Matthew Ashford & Chandler Massey

happy
Member Avatar

CarlD2
Evan
I hope other people got sick of JJ's constant crying and don't give him the award this year. I REALLY hope Matt Ahford wins. The PTSD story should have gotten more airtime. But MA worked and milked every little measly second they gave that story.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

happy
May 10 2012, 09:30 PM
CarlD2
Evan
I hope other people got sick of JJ's constant crying and don't give him the award this year. I REALLY hope Matt Ahford wins. The PTSD story should have gotten more airtime. But MA worked and milked every little measly second they gave that story.
The thing working in JJ's favor is that its only one episode so they don't really KNOW that he cried every damn episode. I will say he put in some amazing work with Jake's death, but it got drowned by everything that followed. Lucky cried every episode for like 6 months, causing JJ to quit. If the voters realized this I think it would help Matt Ashford or Jason Thompson's chances greatly. I just found out that Jason Thompson actually submitted the scenes where Patrick and Robin made a video for Emma on her birthday. Jason and KMc knocked those scenes out of the park so I'm giving him a little bump when it comes to my predictions. I still think its a three man race.

Matt Ashford is hurt by Sean Blakemore's PTSD storyline being in his reel too, but its him vs. 4 GH guys. That could help his cause a lot even if just JJ and JT split votes. I'm still saying JJ has great odds to win it.

sonemfan4life

No Bryton when he actually had deserving material las year? Oh but the awful Parsons got the nom when he had nothing

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I am hoping the GH men split the vote and Ashford runs away with the emmy for Supporting Actor :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

Mitchapalooza
May 11 2012, 06:52 PM
I am hoping the GH men split the vote and Ashford runs away with the emmy for Supporting Actor :)
That would be nice. I can't help feeling it's a bit ridiculous to have all but one of the nominees be from the same show. But there are several other reasons I'll be rooting for MA, long shot though he may be.

1. Despite their underutilizing him and downplaying the PTSD storyline, he made every moment he was onscreen count for something, which to me is the hallmark of an actor.
2. He's overdue for being recognized in this fashion. DAYS tended to get snubbed at Emmy time, when the Bill Bell and Agnes Nixon soaps were all still on the air and reaping most of the critical praise.
3. While by no means decrepit, he's the elder statesman of the nominees, with thirty years of experience in daytime. I would love to see the ageist assholes at NBC get slapped in the face with the fact that craft, talent, and longevity actually matter. That it's not all about washboard abs, and good actors aren't over the hill at 50 or even 40.

tiki_girl
Member Avatar

Actor87
May 9 2012, 05:48 PM
What the HELL?

As much as I love Matt Ashford, (and I have a feeling I'm going to be dodging hate posts for this one) I don't think his PSTD acting was that good. *beat* I mean.... he's good, but those scenes were over-acting at its finest.

Yay for Chandler, though. He definitely deserves the win. (Same goes for Shelly Hennig.) So proud of them both!!

...but you wouldn't consider Chandler's big scenes to be overacting?
Matt Ashford's scenes worked so well (IMO) because he was going though a mental illness and its a side of Jack he would NEVER normally let anyone see. I think There was so much more going on in Jack/Matt's head in those scenes and it worked (wish there had been more :( ).
I really liked Chandler, at first. I thought he was just as good as Matt Ashford UNTIL it seemed like he only had one switch. From calm to off-the-chain-mad-as-hell. He's terrific at the ladder, that's a given, but he just doesn't have much range (yet). If he can get there though...he'll be untouchable.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I am going pray that it's either Matthew or Jason Thompson who win. I have loved MA forever even though I no longer watch DOOL, I would love to see him rewarded for all his great work. Jack and Jennifer were one of the first couples that I absolutely loved.
I would love to see Jason win too. I think he's a fantastic actor but I still think his stronger work will be submitted next year. He was simply amazing after Robin's death and that award should be his next year.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply