Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eileen Davidson out at Y&R!
Topic Started: May 9 2012, 09:09 AM (34,983 Views)
ticker

As a new member and a huge ED fan, I have to say that I think overall everything still looks very likely that she will return. George Guzman is probably covering up his previous answer by acting clueless. It's unlikely that a deal would have fallen through in 2 days and that he would be in the "know" about it if it did.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I dont think that blurb was about Eileen. It would seem more logical to be about Kirsten Storms and Nadia as both were former leading ladies and have been rumored to return.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jun 20 2012, 06:18 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

Also, I really believe her "firing" at Young and Restless was really just a technicality. I think Sony came to YR and told them they wanted her at DOOL.

ShaneDOOLFan

Jason Cook is probably in talks to return to DAYS which would support the blurb being about Kirsten Storms in my opinion.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 19 2012, 05:55 PM
Now George is saying he doesn't know anything about Eileen going to Days.
Quote:

Mitchapalooza
@georgeguzman any chance that Eileen Davidson is coming to DAYS? DAYS fans are desperate to have her beautiful face back on our screens :)

George Guzman
@Mitchapalooza80 I love my friend @eileen_davidson and Im happy she has such a huge fan base, I dont know about that though. sorry :(

DaysFanKelly
@GeorgeGuzman Is Eileen going to Days? Lots of rumors swirling but nothing has been confirmed yet!

George Guzman
@DaysFanKelly I have no idea, but as long as my friend is happy Im good.
Did he delete the tweet from the weekend where he responded with "yes" to the question of Eileen going to Days? If he did, that's a sure sign that he screwed up and let the cat out of the bag too early. Hell, even if he didn't delete the tweet, I think he said too much too soon.

King
Member Avatar

I think DAYS is definitely in its last few years, but it'd be better with Kristen there than some of these idiots they have on-screen now. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

Here's an excerpt from "Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments," in which Eileen talks about her Lead Actress Emmy nomination in 1998 for playing Kristen, Susan, etc.
Quote:

Eileen Davidson: As a lead actress who’d always been known as a dramatic actress, it was just such a hoot for me, and so freeing to just let go and have fun. I had a tape recorder and I would read the scene and turn it off when the character I was supposed to be talked. I ran lines that way. The major way that I knew it was working was because the crew was laughing, and I was laughing, we were cracking up all the time.

They worked me to death. I was at the end of my contract, I was going to leave after the first year I played Susan. And they asked me to stay an additional year to finish off the storyline, so I did. James (Reilly; Headwriter) actually ended up apologizing to me at the end of it. He knew he’d worked me sixteen-hour days, Saturdays, I was really exhausted. He apologized to me. He said he couldn’t help it, he felt inspired by me. He had no reason to apologize, it was a great, great, great thing for me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

I just love her! What a great attitude.

Every day I hope this is the day we hear about Eileen's return. My husband says I'm obsessed, but he knows how much I loved ED and Kristen because at the time she was on the show, I taped it on the VCR and watched it after work and he would watch with me (although he pretended he wasn't). I was depressed for a month when she left DAYS.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kenny
Jun 22 2012, 09:48 AM
Here's an excerpt from "Soap Opera 451: A Time Capsule of Daytime Drama's Greatest Moments," in which Eileen talks about her Lead Actress Emmy nomination in 1998 for playing Kristen, Susan, etc.
Quote:

Eileen Davidson: As a lead actress who’d always been known as a dramatic actress, it was just such a hoot for me, and so freeing to just let go and have fun. I had a tape recorder and I would read the scene and turn it off when the character I was supposed to be talked. I ran lines that way. The major way that I knew it was working was because the crew was laughing, and I was laughing, we were cracking up all the time.

They worked me to death. I was at the end of my contract, I was going to leave after the first year I played Susan. And they asked me to stay an additional year to finish off the storyline, so I did. James (Reilly; Headwriter) actually ended up apologizing to me at the end of it. He knew he’d worked me sixteen-hour days, Saturdays, I was really exhausted. He apologized to me. He said he couldn’t help it, he felt inspired by me. He had no reason to apologize, it was a great, great, great thing for me.
I wonder what would have happened had they maybe not worked Eileen literally to almost dead. Maybe she would have stayed at DAYS...maybe she would have still been there today.

Days4Life

I wondered that at the time...if they had promised in her contract to just use her 2-3 days/week maybe she would have stayed. I seem to remember that Y & R snapped her up again pretty quickly.

ticker

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 20 2012, 06:21 PM
Also, I really believe her "firing" at Young and Restless was really just a technicality. I think Sony came to YR and told them they wanted her at DOOL.
I also believe this. I think her "firing" was dictated by Sony and I don't think Y&R had as much to do with it. BTW, I'm a Y&R watcher and I don't think she has left the show yet, at least not on screen. No final airdate has even been announced. Weird?

I first started watching Ashley in the 80's and loved ED as Ashley. I only watched Days sporadically when she was on in the 90's but really loved John and Kristen together when Kristen was good. Didn't enjoy the psychotic bitch Kristen so much but since I think ED is a terrific actress, I'll be happy to watch her good or bad.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Come on Days make this official. We need a big announcement to get people excited for the show again.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

If Eileen is def returning to DAYS... and I was in charge of PR for the show, I would totally have Eileen/Deidre/Drake present at the emmy's and announce it on the telecast of her return.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kevc1980
Jun 22 2012, 01:44 PM
Come on Days make this official. We need a big announcement to get people excited for the show again.
I need this like you would not believe....I am holding on by a thread to this show...I have not watched in 2 months, that is the longest I have ever gone without watching this show in 20+ years.

I have never in my life felt THIS disconnected, disheartened and disinterested with DAYS...I have literally lost almost all hope that I can enjoy this show again.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 22 2012, 01:52 PM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Does anyone know if Eileen is going to the emmys?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Jun 22 2012, 01:46 PM
If Eileen is def returning to DAYS... and I was in charge of PR for the show, I would totally have Eileen/Deidre/Drake present at the emmy's and announce it on the telecast of her return.
I WOULD DIE :pray:

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I wonder if DAYS is purposely string us along and doing this to get back at Kenny for the Fire Dena campaign.

SchaNich
Member Avatar

You will be happy to know that according to NB Eileen is headed back to Days to play both Kristen and Susan. Apparently she wanted to do both Days and Y&R but Y&R said no to the deal so Sony had to choose (this per NB). Y&R you are idiots!!!!!

Not sure how long she will be on the show and I suspect when her run ends she'll be back on Y&R. There was nothing about air dates etc.
Edited by SchaNich, Jun 26 2012, 02:43 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply